Manchester United

redrus

Yeah there are flashes of a very good side.

No smokes. There are flashes of a very good attack. I have yet to see a glimmer, let alone flash of even a decent defence.

Stating the obvious! biggrin.png

Thats not like you lot... :lol:

redrus

Could be interesting this weekend because Chelsea might well have all three strikers crocked. Costa who knows when he'll be fit, Remy limped off and frankly it would be inhumane to make a man of Drogba's age play ninety minutes at this level.

Hey ho Jose!!

Could be interesting this weekend because Chelsea might well have all three strikers crocked. Costa who knows when he'll be fit, Remy limped off and frankly it would be inhumane to make a man of Drogba's age play ninety minutes at this level.

Hey ho Jose!!

I think the rest of the league will want united to win this weekend to close the gap at the top.

• Like 1

Hey ho Jose!!

I think the rest of the league will want united to win this weekend to close the gap at the top.

Considering the firepower United have they have it in the two score a couple. But the defense!!

Hey ho Jose!!

Nahtongue.png

• Like 1

Hey ho Jose!!

I don't think there has ever been a time any Liverpool fan has ever wanted United to win a a game of tidily winks never mind a game of football

• Like 2

ok I should of add except Liverpool fans as they know they have no chance of winning the league.

haha and you guys actually think you do...or VG does anyway

Here's his latest google search terms...

post-102811-0-68582800-1413992479_thumb.

Edited by BangrakBob

ok I should of add except Liverpool fans as they know they have no chance of winning the league.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-10-22 at 6.39.03 PM.png

Be serious, all jokes aside, apart from last season, did you ever have a chance. I mean, we've given you MORE than enough chances to keep up... ;)

Heres the challenge then, win, or shhhhhhuurrrrupp.... :lol:

redrus

Be serious, all jokes aside, apart from last season, did you ever have a chance. I mean, we've given you MORE than enough chances to keep up... wink.png

Heres the challenge then, win, or shhhhhhuurrrrupp.... laugh.png

redrus

Your reign was timed very well with globalisation of the EPL. Many years or transition and sabotage attempts have slowed us down.

Transition is word you guys might get used to throwing about a bit if you spend another season out of the top 4.

Win, lose or draw this gob will keep flappin' wink.png

Be serious, all jokes aside, apart from last season, did you ever have a chance. I mean, we've given you MORE than enough chances to keep up... wink.png

redrus

Your reign was timed very well with globalisation of the EPL. Many years or transition and sabotage attempts have slowed us down.

Transition is word you guys might get used to throwing about a bit if you spend another season out of the top 4.

Can you enlighten me on these so called sabotage event's ?, so the reason is not Liverpool but someone else's fault, nothing new there.

redrus

Can you enlighten me on these so called sabotage event's ?, so the reason is not Liverpool but someone else's fault, nothing new there.

Souness, Gillette and Hicks remember those owners that sent us to the brink of administration. Anyway was only having a laugh with Rus you carry on with your humourless beleif you have a chance of winning the title. The thought makes me laugh after watch the Madrid match cheers ;)

I can't really understand how/why any United fan would think they have an earthly chance of winning the title or a top four finish this season. Have belief but at least temper it with a modicum of realism. Thats even with the great advantage of no european games and an early exit in the capital one

My take is that it will come, no doubt. its a year away at least plus a couple of defenders, a defensive midfield and probably another central or box to box. That takes time and add to that van Gaal's been badly hampered by the fitness of some of his targets. Poor prioritizing in selection of signings has also not helped.

However, the signings that have been made are top quality. Theres goals every time United play. Buy new defenders, let them settle in and with a manager of van Gaal's experience and quality you have an exciting winning side. But it doesn't happen in a few months.

Lets also remember he has work to do with some of the new signings swell. A prime example is Luke Shaw. Loads of quality, potential but he's very young and his positional play is pants and i really don't think he's even ready yet for champions league where you get punished far more ruthlessly.

Patience chaps, and "unfortunately" you will be back!!

• Like 2

Good post carmine, we will be back indeed.

But I cannot see anywhere we I have said we will win the league only said Liverpool will not, Chelsea are nailed on right now and the reason us winning on Sunday would help any club with a realistic chance of catching Chelsea.

• Like 1

Good post carmine, we will be back indeed.

But I cannot see anywhere we I have said we will win the league only said Liverpool will not, Chelsea are nailed on right now and the reason us winning on Sunday would help any club with a realistic chance of catching Chelsea.

Yes Chelsea are nailed if Costa doesn't catch a nasty one. As you say any potential challengers to Chelsea will need some real help because were nearing a stage where you can't see them dropping enough points.

Would like to see Falcao let off the leash ie in the starting team ,apparently he picked up a knock in training Friday.

His goals to games ratio is amazing but we have hardly seen him

VP is not any where near the player he was 2 years ago and LVG option is to play one up front and bulk up the midfield with 'elbows ' Fellaini

Di Maria is the key if he is on his game,still bemused why RM let him go

Be very surprised if Costa doesn't play.

• Like 1

Would like to see Falcao let off the leash ie in the starting team ,apparently he picked up a knock in training Friday.

His goals to games ratio is amazing but we have hardly seen him

VP is not any where near the player he was 2 years ago and LVG option is to play one up front and bulk up the midfield with 'elbows ' Fellaini

Di Maria is the key if he is on his game,still bemused why RM let him go

Be very surprised if Costa doesn't play.

I am hoping Falcao will start, this kind of game is what he is here for as chance will be a premium and need to be taken.

hard to pick the starting line up but I can see fellaini starting to add some fight to the midfield.

• Like 1

We always have a chance.

We just need confidence, and unfortunately our defence ALWAYS used exude it, from Pallister and Bruce, to Stam to Vidic, it just is not there anymore. We need that one man to turn all those hopefully great young defenders, into Men, and proper defenders, as was guided by Laurant Blanc in a move many thought foolish, and rightly so after his first game, but not in the long of it, not at all. He was invaluable to the young and, the not so young too.

Oh where do we find him.......... Oh bugger, he left in May.......!! :D

redrus

• Like 1

We always have a chance.

We just need confidence, and unfortunately our defence ALWAYS used exude it, from Pallister and Bruce, to Stam to Vidic, it just is not there anymore. We need that one man to turn all those hopefully great young defenders, into Men, and proper defenders, as was guided by Laurant Blanc in a move many thought foolish, and rightly so after his first game, but not in the long of it, not at all. He was invaluable to the young and, the not so young too.

Oh where do we find him.......... Oh bugger, he left in May.......!! biggrin.png

redrus

Excellent post Rus as usual. Were half time now at Spurswink.png but a big thing with Utd over the last 25 years was a strong defense with great center backs. Its been ignored. I think Utd will get humped tonight and i'm a little pissed watching my boys hopefully win.

Good luck tonight against those loastsome chavsburp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

• Like 1

Falcao out which is a bummer and no Jones andandand Herrera too.

but all is not lost fellaini startiandand smalling in for Jones.

No Costa as well. A steep hill to climb for United but good luck !thumbsup.gif Somebody has to derail the runaway train.

• Like 1

That'll do.clap2.gif

Perfect from the corner by Di Maria. RVP actually does something.w00t.gif

I swear I saw mrboj jump out of his chair...catch his wife's burqa under his flip flop and fall flat into his home brew kit spilling it all over the floor.

Then he got up and punched the air.

Amazing....I wish my predictions were always this spot on. :o

• Like 1

That'll do.clap2.gif

Perfect from the corner by Di Maria. RVP actually does something.w00t.gif

I swear I saw mrboj jump out of his chair...catch his wife's burqa under his flip flop and fall flat into his home brew kit spilling it all over the floor.

Then he got up and punched the air.

Are you hiding behind the settee somewhere smokes. That was a spot on description tongue.png

• Like 2

Thank you Carmine, much obliged.

Well, I'm obviously happy with that. Before the game I actually said that I would be happy to lose this one, as long as we fought and got some sprit for City next week and Liverpool in the future. We achieved that, with aplomb in my view.

If you win one half, and your opponent wins the other, a draw is surely a fair result. We were on top, they scored, they were on top, we scored.

You can argue cards, were they weren't they. Personally I can argue Chelsea were lucky not to have a man off earlier so, bit o Karma there for me.

Good game all in all, and it will make the season more interesting. If everyone puts in the efforts they do playing us, to playing Chelsea, the season and this league will be even more open.

Enjoyed that and I think both sets of teams and fans should be happy.

Oh, and iccle Ciddy fans...... :lol:

redrus