Manchester United

redrus

As i said previously twists and turns are you confident of avoiding defeat at the weekend?

I am confident we will win at home against B'MOUTH soooo bring it on.... not bad for a <deleted> team are we? not running you until the end of the season especially with all our problems.

tongue.png

Reread earlier comments on the City forum and you did refer to twists and turns. Clearly another mystic.

Am I confident of not losing vs Swansea? No, City are poor away and it only takes a cross deflected in (bloody lucky Bale) to burst our bubble. Manu will beat Bournemouth easily. WHU is a hard one to call vs Stoke. Soton will win. Arsenal will win. Newcastle vs Spurs depends a lot on how tonight's games pan out but Newcastle were very combative vs City recently so I coukd see an upset. Going to be squeaky bum time alright!

Telegraph: "Are Manchester United actually better than City?...United aren't better than City when it comes to playing open, attacking, entertaining football, but the way they play might actually be more effective and that could ultimately mean they end up having had the better season." Happy?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Nobby Stiles Drive Collyhurst

Manchester United and England legend Nobby Stiles has had a street in his native Collyhurst named after him as Nobby Stiles Drive.

The unveiling yesterday was attended by many of his ex-team mates and also life long friend Brian Kidd,sadly Nobby due to his ill health was not able to attend.

About 15 years ago a local amateur cricket club in my town had a gentlemen,s evening and Nobby was guest of honour,when the MC introduced him everyone in the room (without prompting) stood up,as well as applauding the chant of Nobby,Nobby,Nobby was deafening (what folk outside the room thought was going on I do not know) Nobby was clearly humbled by this as was obvious from his facial expression.

Being a red myself I was overwhelmed by the reception he got as most of the audience were cricket lovers,but clearly they had much admiration of him.

Nobby spoke of his life and love of football,never the most gifted player he admitted,and wished also that contact lenses were available during his playing days as then he wouldn,t have mis-timed as many tackles as he did cheesy.gif

The highlight of his speech centered round the incident in the World Cup semi final against Argentina,he was given instructions by Alf Ramsay to mark the Argentinian captain and playmaker Antonio Rattin "don,t let him get a kick Nobby" were his instructions,Nobby stuck to him like glue and Rattin,s frustrations eventually boiled over and after going nose to nose with Nobby was sent off.Nobby on the pitch was feared of no-one and told Rattin to wait for him in the tunnel after the game where they would sort it out man to man.

As the game ended Nobby remembered this and as Rattin was six foot three tall and him being just five foot six began to have second thoughts,he told the audience that he got behind Jackie Charlton just in case but he didn,t need to bother as Rattin was nowhere to be seen..............Nobby spent the next hour having his pic taken and signing autographs,he refused any "expenses" for attending as it was a charity "do"

A very humble person and legend in the game I just hope he can live a few more years in relatively good health thumbsup.gif

post-64056-0-78089100-1463202187_thumb.j

Edited by petermik
  • Like 1

latest is bomb squad there going to perform a controlled explosion. <deleted> horrible stuff this.

Empathy from a scouser WOW that,s a first thumbsup.gif

More to follow on this for sure,but at the end of the day City have the result (and rightly deserved) they wanted wai2.gif

Last time Maureen sneaks into a ground in a laundry basketbiggrin.png

In all seriousness. Havent GMP just carried out a risk assessment/fake terrorist attack in the Trafford Centre. Was this a further extension of that I wonder? The fact that most attendees, both Bournemouth and Man U, had wasted journeys would not have bothered the powers that be. No doubt the TV Conspiracy Theorists will have their own viewscoffee1.gif

Edited by wilai
  • Like 1

better safe than sorry but from this &lt;deleted&gt; statement "incredibly lifelike" but confirmed it "wasn't viable".I take it. it wasn't a bomb dont know why the f they just cant say so .

From what i read it was a copy bomb accidentally left by a city fan whistling.gif

A suspicious item discovered at Old Trafford on Sunday was a training device, police have confirmed.

The match between Manchester United and Bournemouth was called off after the device was found shortly before kick-off. Bomb disposal officers were called and carried out a controlled explosion.

Police said the item had "accidentally" been left by a private company after a training exercise on Wednesday.

The Premier League match has been rearranged for Tuesday at 20:00 BST.

Greater Manchester's Mayor and Police and Crime Commissioner Tony Lloyd called the situation "unacceptable" and wants an "urgent" inquiry to discover "how this happened, why it happened and who will be held accountable".

He added: "This fiasco caused massive inconvenience to supporters who had come from far and wide to watch the match, wasted the time of huge numbers of police officers and the army's bomb squad, and unnecessarily put people in danger, as evacuating tens of thousands of people from a football stadium is not without risk."

United will be refunding all tickets and allowing ticket holders from both clubs in for free on Tuesday night. Manchester United season ticket holders will also be given a credit.

It is estimated this gesture will cost United around £3m.

Bournemouth expect to make an announcement on arrangements for their travelling fans on Monday.

What a monumental cock-up it seems,will cost United millions in compensation (they are offering refunds for anyone not able to attend tuesdays replay) all because some corporate company using the ground as a training exercise last wednesday planted this fake "bomb" and forgot to remove it when they finished............ooooooooooooops cheesy.gif

And the compensation money they will refund was planned as pay-off for LVG...................ooh well now they can,t afford to sack him gigglem.gif

yeah the response was really good and the most important thing is nobody was hurt of course. after that france - germany match though it does remind you what vulnerable targets big football stadiums are. not sure i'd fancy going to the euros in france this summer.

• Like 1

Well on the bright side it showed that the emergency response procedures worked.

Sky said this morning it will be replayed on Tuesday.

They worked very well, we were outside in a couple of minutes, no panic.

private companies. don't you just love 'em.

.. and they just go into liquidation if you slap a few mill claim for damages on them (whereas public authorities generally just say f- off we're untouchable!biggrin.png)

The police have confirmed the suspect device has turned out to be harmless.

Suspicion of the package was aroused when an eagle eyed Steward at the ground spotted a season ticket envelope with a Manchester address.

• Like 2

As i said previously twists and turns are you confident of avoiding defeat at the weekend?

I am confident we will win at home against B'MOUTH soooo bring it on.... not bad for a team are we? not running you until the end of the season especially with all our problems.

tongue.png

Reread earlier comments on the City forum and you did refer to twists and turns. Clearly another mystic.

1. Am I confident of not losing vs Swansea? No, City are poor away and it only takes a cross deflected in (bloody lucky Bale) to burst our bubble.

2. Manu will beat Bournemouth easily.

3.WHU is a hard one to call vs Stoke.

4. Soton will win.

5. Arsenal will win.

6. Newcastle vs Spurs depends a lot on how tonight's games pan out but Newcastle were very combative vs City recently so I coukd see an upset.

Going to be squeaky bum time alright!

1. Conceded a deflected goal.

2. We'll see.

4. Correct

5. Correct

6. Saw the upset but didn't expect the youngest team in the Premier to crumble.

Mystic qualities.

Well on the bright side it showed that the emergency response procedures worked.

Sky said this morning it will be replayed on Tuesday.

They worked very well, we were outside in a couple of minutes, no panic.

I guess we all know who should pay for the fans' transport costs before next match. As always, there are lots of people flying in from everywhere.

Replay Tuesday night and United have no option but to play their best team then and back up for the FA Cup on the weekend.

Estimated cost of this shambles with free admission 3 million quid.Which leads to an interesting legal matter with the dimwits who left the package there.

I though that portable devices to detect bombs were a dime a dozen in which case the game could have had a late kick off,obviously not.