Manchester United

redrus

^"it's physically impossible to play the ball with the side of the foot when you are lunging like he did".

Bravo plays the ball with the side of the foot, he's on the ground. From this angle looks like Rooney is the one off the floor and out of control. Fair tackle for me though I've seen many opinions on this incident from fair tackle to penalty/red card or penalty/yellow card.

Screenshot_2016-09-12-08-39-08.png

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"it's physically impossible to play the ball with the side of the foot when you are lunging like he did".

Bravo plays the ball with the side of the foot, he's on the ground. From this angle looks like Rooney is the one off the floor and out of control. Fair tackle for me though I've seen many opinions on this incident from fair tackle to penalty/red card or penalty/yellow card.

Screenshot_2016-09-12-08-39-08.png

No he didn't, Rooney got to the ball first,  anyway aren't you the one who always ses that you can't tell by pic's ? so i show you a video you then post a picture, :D :D :D

Bredbury Blue

Posted June 15 · Report post  

pictures don't work, a link to the goal on Youtube so that people can consider it in real time is the only way

Edited by alfieconn

5 hours ago, nev said:

Nailed on penalty that, and a sending off?.

absolutely  100% correct, it was pure luck Rooney wasn't severely injured, that tackle should have been reviewed post match and at least a 3 match ban given and I call it as I see it not how I want to see it

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

For Man United supporters who are interested in the production line of young players have a look on the clubs web site at the Under 18' s.

Last 3 games they have scored 5 goals in each

The  standout is a young boy named Gomes. Slight of build,long hair and wears the no 7 shirt.

25 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The fact that tackle - after all the attention it's received - isn't being reviewed surely must tell you something; i wasn't / isn't deemed to contravene the laws of the game. Also, Clatterberk saw the tackle on his mate Wazzock and waved play on. End of!

Yea what would all the ex referees and international players know who said nailed on penalty Your description of the side footed tackle is frankly laughable. 

44 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

The fact that tackle - after all the attention it's received - isn't being reviewed surely must tell you something; i wasn't / isn't deemed to contravene the laws of the game. Also, Clatterberk saw the tackle on his mate Wazzock and waved play on. End of!

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:You've replied to your own comment there :D

48 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

All this boasting about world domination by Man United fans sounds a bit ridiculous now that they've only been the 2nd best team in Manchester for the past 5 years.

Mourinho got schooled by Guardiola last Saturday ..... again!

Welcome to the thread tubs, should enjoy yourself on here, it's a barrel of laugh's :lol:

"as city have won the league on Saturday"

Nev, bet you can't find any City fan who've said or thinks that. It's early days, think last season we won the first 5 games, injuries came and the wheels fell off. Currently Fernandinho, Silva and KdB are the teams most important players (think KdB has a hamstring injury), if those were out the wheels start falling off.

"by the posts I have been reading from city fans its like you battered us into submission, but for me second half it was evens and if we got the decisions we could have won or drawn."

City fans and many neutrals are very impressed with what they saw until the 41st minute booboo let ManU back in the game, uptil that point it reminded me of City vs Bayern when they made us look like training cones and this time ManU were the training cones. ManU had a good spell from the goal till halftime (about 6 minutes), start of 2nd half until Fernando came on at 53 minutes and a late flurrish in injury. I thought Peps subs in Fernando (toughened up our midfield and realised Fernandinho further forward) and Sane (took off the ineffectual Sterling and for the first time in the game we started attacking down both left AND right) were excellent and we were very dangerous on the counter and defended really well against physically stronger/taller players - ManU become a route 1 longball team.
It could be argued that Rooney should have gone before the Bravo incident, the penalty call on Otamendi handball was weak and Bailly taking Otamendi's standing foot was a stronger shout for a penalty though it's quite clear that Clatterberk's view was blocked. So yes ManU were a lot better 2nd half though I don't recall you had too many decent chances. 2nd half we changed our approach to counter-attack and should have put it to bed with the chances on the break we had.

Thought the game was excellent for the neutral. For a City fan I can't recall us having it as easy as we had in the first 41 minutes against a ManU side before, whereas the 2nd half was exciting and I'm amazed there were no goals.

Bailly threw his leg at Otamendi. It wasn't a follow through, he tried to kick him. Retrospective is required for that one.

The Bravo / Rooney one was half a dozen of one, 6 of the other. They both went in hard, even though Rooney shouldn't have been on the pitch. Penalty correctly not given and United fans should stop whinging and scratting about for crumbs of solace as to why you got beat and look more at why you actually and deservedly got beat.

Still haven't seen the game (keep missing the recasts) but from the video clips posted it looks like a pure 50/50 challenge by both players with neither player diving in recklessly. It wasn't obvious when both players started their move which one would get there first. I would not have awarded a foul, but then too many times these days refs blow up on the basis of the outcome, not the intent, wrongly in my opinion. This ref got it spot on IMO.

• Like 1

I've watched the game live plus Monday and Tuesday reruns. Pogba did so little in the game; as Carragher says, he lacked discipline to stay central but instead roamed where liked. Martial took 4 minutes to come on in the 80th minute but did he contribute anything (I just don't remember him getting a touch and I like Martial).

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

your next ten look like wengers last 10

I'd say FA is the sum of what you bindippers won last season, and the season before that, and the season before that.....enjoy your midweeks as you have them free this season....and given you're already off the pace in the Premiership CL places, and still have to play Stoke City, Sunderland and 'Boro this season, it will probably be a similar story next season too.

Still, thanks for the laugh....please say 'this is our year' in your next enlightening post....

Edited by mrbojangles
Edited original post
  • Like 1

Rooney needs to go you have a masterpiece in Zlatan but he has 3 years left in him at the very top so I doubt he will be with you next season. Bright side is you will get 10 million for a 35 year old. I do envy you in that purchase the guy is a monster but will he get rooney fired up or will rooney realise he scored a world class hat trick and an unbelievable derby over head but that is as far as world class goes. Ryan gigs what a joke respect what? Players too scared to introduce their mom's to him let alone their wives. Ryan gigs was a good player but no way he was that good no way he was just part of a team managed by a mastermind and now your new mastermind is shackled by a load of yanks who have no heart no desire no real long term aims . Compared to my team who have had a tough 20 odd years with a champions league you can only dream of, a few cups here and there and yet yes I agree we have been poor. I like klopp a lot I like lallana a lot I like our strike force I like turning the scum over In their backyard and that will happen and keep happening  as it has been happening and if we do that & win a few trophies along the way,I like that. Ok you will be fighting for 5th place this season at a push. Don't get too dizzy.

6 hours ago, smokie36 said:

City look like a team...United looked disjointed...and yes its all about the 300 grand a week sack of old bones.

SAF's parting gift bless him.

Fergie let his contract run down it was old custard teeth Moyes that double his pay and gave him a six year contract and we are stuck with him unless he goes to China.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Peps comments post derby about Bravo were a bit bizarre but I think we all know he was just trying to pump up Bravo's confidence which is surely better management than Maureen throwing two of your players under a passing 53 bus eh! Think it was a 3/10 day for The Specian One.

Pep should have simply said he had an off day. Ironically, so did Hart for Torino, but then we all knew Hart has his off days, right?!!

Post match,  all the real flack was flying Mourinho's way for his cocked up team selection. One look at the side that started and who was left on the bench made him look a complete berk again.  Again referring to his weird and bizarre selections at Chelsea.   After last seasons debacle at Chelsea Mourinho is vulnerable to the English football press like never before.  They are going to jump on him at every opportunity.  All Pep has to do is be a gent and button it.  Rest assured, Mourinho just won't be able to help himself.

4 hours ago, nev said:

Fergie let his contract run down it was old custard teeth Moyes that double his pay and gave him a six year contract and we are stuck with him unless he goes to China.

You should sue Moyes:).

Anyone giving a 6 year contract in modern sport is acting in flagrant breach of duty of care principles. How did the board let him get away with that? Te whole lot of them must have been panic-struck by the decline.

4 hours ago, nev said:

United paying 300k a week to a player that wouldn't warrant much more than a 100k abroad.

What is it about this guy that makes him a guaranteed starter for club and country....its just bizarre.

I personally think he pulls you out of shape when i've watched and you are a better unit without him, but theres no way you will be able to offload those wages for a player of his abilities.  Interesting to see if Mourinho has the balls to drop him because to me, your bench looks very strong.

16 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm a bit surprised by the comments criticizing Rooney - is he really that bad?

I would have criticized his discipline (don't mean fouls, but staying in position) on Saturday, he seemed to chase the ball all over and with Pogba doing that as well that helped city.

Rooney. Too little too late? So you saying too many cooks in the kitchen?

Maybe Zlatan is his new role model, seeing how this guy operates can only In spire those around him. 34 ish still believes he is the best and refuses to be beaten. He knows the job at utd is a tough one and his actions on/off pitch will either rebuild the belief or hopefully it all goes Pete tong (wrong) and too many cooks will come into play. A proven superstar (SS) in ZA, an up and coming absolute wannabe SS in PPogba  and Rooney the man with a very big point to prove now he has genuine Wold class prospects and talent around him. 

Edited by Rc2702
Clarity.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I'm a bit surprised by the comments criticizing Rooney - is he really that bad?

I would have criticized his discipline (don't mean fouls, but staying in position) on Saturday, he seemed to chase the ball all over and with Pogba doing that as well that helped City.

Make your own mind up.

https://streamable.com/xm4a