Manchester United

redrus

Anyone know where the Man. Utd-Inter game is showing tonight? Is it on the telly?

Cheers

It's on ESPN and Thai Channel 7 at 2.45 am.

Come on Utd.

Nice one Mr Bo,

Nice to see they have forgotten about it though?

I suppose if we are playing shit tonight maybe Fergie could ask hm to come in the changing room at half time for a repeat performance :o

Don't get angry at Mr. BJ, he's never tasted CL football and at the rate city are going, probably never will. :D

Anyone know where the Man. Utd-Inter game is showing tonight? Is it on the telly?

Cheers

Come on Utd.

Nice one Mr Bo,

I suppose if we are playing shit tonight maybe Fergie could ask hm to come in the changing room at half time for a repeat performance :o

Don't get angry at Mr. BJ, he's never tasted CL football and at the rate city are going, probably never will. :D

jjp never gets angry with me James, he likes the banter. :D

As for City and the CL. First things first, eh. I would be happy with any Silverware, so that fekkin sign in the Stretford End can be torn down :D

I know you've never been to Old T james, so maybe one of your Red colleagues can tell you what the sign says :D

Cheers

Come on Utd.

Nice one Mr Bo,

As for City and the CL. First things first, eh. I would be happy with any Silverware, so that fekkin sign in the Stretford End can be torn down :D

I know you've never been to Old T james, so maybe one of your Red colleagues can tell you what the sign says :D

That's the sign that says "United We Stand - City Sucks", yes I have seen it thanks Mr. BJ

Cheers

Come on Utd.

Nice one Mr Bo,

As for City and the CL. First things first, eh. I would be happy with any Silverware, so that fekkin sign in the Stretford End can be torn down :wai:

That's the sign that says "United We Stand - City Sucks", yes I have seen it thanks Mr. BJ

Nope, that's not the one. I'll give you a clue. I mentioned above the word "Silverware" :D

Red, i can see you lurking. Tell James what the sign is about :D

:o

OKAY OKAY, James is shy ??????? What does it say ??? I know Mr Bo does not like it so it MUST be GOOD !!!!!!!! :D

BT :D

PS Mr T where are we watching the game for MORE silverware this weekend.... :wai: ( sorry MR Bo could not resist) :D

OKAY OKAY, James is shy ??????? What does it say ??? I know Mr Bo does not like it so it MUST be GOOD !!!!!!!! :D

I can't bring myself to say it. Another red will have to. That's if there's any red's on here who have actually been to Old Trafford :o

( sorry MR Bo could not resist) :D

No worries BigT. Being a City fan, i've had stick all my life :D

<deleted>.... :o

Its an odometer, it goes round quarter, half and three quarters then, obviously the the full turn every year Ciddy don't win a trophy.

From Wiki.

Banners

Once work on the second tier was complete, the club allowed supporters to mount banners on the wall in front of the second tier, and groups of supporters got together to produce and pay for them. The slogans on the banners included:

* 032 Years — a reference to the length of time since United's rivals Manchester City have won a major trophy, the most recent being the 1976 League Cup. The supporters purchased a set of matching numbers with velcro so that the number could be updated each year. There are various rumours of this banner being removed by the owner to be taken to FC United of Manchester matches. Stretford End Flags have created a replica "ticker" banner which can be seen from the Pundit box at half time on tv. Every year on 28 February (the anniversary of the 1976 final) the banner is updated to show another year has passed without success for City.

redrus

Tactical match as expected although several good chances for us in the first half. Inter's goalie is absolutely first class.

Not thrilled we didn't take all our chances and put it to bed but a nil nil draw is ok to head back to OT with.

Don't know what game Jose (did I hear Martin T say heir apparent to SAF?) Mourinho saw but a draw was not a fair result.

Good news is we did it without Tevez and Rooney sans 10 mins at the end. CR was scary at times - Ibra the best player in the world Jose? :o

I can't bring myself to say it. Another red will have to. That's if there's any red's on here who have actually been to Old Trafford :o

Och!!!!!!!!! has you can see by the pic I used to go regular but what is this sh*t your not a fan if you v'e never been to O/T not the fans fault were so popular.

Has every city fan been to Eastlands ???????????? :D

Och!!!!!!!!! has you can see by the pic I used to go regular but what is this sh*t your not a fan if you v'e never been to O/T not the fans fault were so popular.

Has every city fan been to Eastlands ???????????? :D

Don't worry about it Mali - think of the look on BJ's face if and when Saudi Telecom become our shirt sponsor next year. Everywhere he goes he will see CR, WR and listening to Glory Glory Man Utd. He'll be in the desert alright - a lone City fan in an Arabian Sea of Red.

Tactical match as expected although several good chances for us in the first half. Inter's goalie is absolutely first class.

Not thrilled we didn't take all our chances and put it to bed but a nil nil draw is ok to head back to OT with.

Don't know what game Jose (did I hear Martin T say heir apparent to SAF?) Mourinho saw but a draw was not a fair result.

Good news is we did it without Tevez and Rooney sans 10 mins at the end. CR was scary at times - Ibra the best player in the world Jose? :o

Jimmy lad, I really am not sure how much you watch football, and how much you understand it :D

I have gone on record to say that Utd will qualify comfortably, I still stand by that.

In my opinion Utd earned a comfortable draw, but a draw WAS a fair result. Inter were by far the better team in the 2nd half. Overall possession was 50/50.

Only someone looking through red tinted specs, or someone who knows naff all about football, would say Utd deserved to win.! :D:D

But I expect Utd to win by a couple of goals in the 2nd leg.

Good news is we did it without Tevez and Rooney sans 10 mins at the end. CR was scary at times - Ibra the best player in the world Jose? :D

Jimmy lad, I really am not sure how much you watch football, and how much you understand it :D

I have gone on record to say that Utd will qualify comfortably, I still stand by that.

In my opinion Utd earned a comfortable draw, but a draw WAS a fair result. Inter were by far the better team in the 2nd half. Overall possession was 50/50.

Only someone looking through red tinted specs, or someone who knows naff all about football, would say Utd deserved to win.! :D:D

well JD, i am not sure if you really want to get into a who's gotta bigger dick contest cause first of all I am not on your little City thread and secondly, I would bet I watch much more football than you. I said the other night we were lucky to beat Blackburn.

Anyways, regarding the match last night, Inter may have had more possession in the 2nd half but the difference between you and I is probably the fact that I count legitimate scoring chances as a measure of would have / should have and on that note Milan had 2 and we had 7.

don't take my word for it, read any of your UK papers for a 2nd opinion. then again you probably wouldn't count CR's injury time free kick from just outside the box as scoring chance. :o

Edited by bkkjames

That's right Mr Boj, you do take a bit of stick from us lot, but all in a good natuered way.

As for going to OT of course I have been there, but then I've been to a fairly high number of grounds in England, as there aren't any pro clubs in Cornwall :D .

Only someone looking through red tinted specs, or someone who knows naff all about football, would say Utd deserved to win.! :o:D

This was the opening sentence from the BBC website, reporting on the game:

Manchester United dominated for much of this lively Champions League last-16 clash but had to settle for a goalless draw with Inter Milan at the San Siro.

They "dominated" and they "had to settle". Take from that what you will.

In my eyes, tinted though they might be, of the two teams United were more deserving of getting something from the game. As James says, in terms of real scoring chances, United were ahead no doubt.

Only someone looking through red tinted specs, or someone who knows naff all about football, would say Utd deserved to win.! :o:D

This was the opening sentence from the BBC website, reporting on the game:

Manchester United dominated for much of this lively Champions League last-16 clash but had to settle for a goalless draw with Inter Milan at the San Siro.

They "dominated" and they "had to settle". Take from that what you will.

In my eyes, tinted though they might be, of the two teams United were more deserving of getting something from the game. As James says, in terms of real scoring chances, United were ahead no doubt.

that's one beer for Rix. :D

so you admit he was touched then? in which case it was a penalty, however little the contact was.

You sing whichever songs suits you Stevie. When Ronaldo goes down you have a hissy fit about him making a meal of it, but another player goes down with the lightest of touches and all of a sudden you think that's perfectly OK. Sort out what you believe in and try and apply it to all the players, not discriminately to the ones you like and those you dislike.

manyoo's disallowed goal came from a corner that shouldn't have been.

That's irrelevant. You can't justify striking off a good goal because of a bad officiating decision that came before it. That's not the way it works. Referee is the one that gave the corner, not the Man U players.

so you admit he was touched then? in which case it was a penalty, however little the contact was.

You sing whichever songs suits you Stevie. When Ronaldo goes down you have a hissy fit about him making a meal of it, but another player goes down with the lightest of touches and all of a sudden you think that's perfectly OK. Sort out what you believe in and try and apply it to all the players, not discriminately to the ones you like and those you dislike.

manyoo's disallowed goal came from a corner that shouldn't have been.

That's irrelevant. You can't justify striking off a good goal because of a bad officiating decision that came before it. That's not the way it works. Referee is the one that gave the corner, not the Man U players.

stevie is just p'd off because despite torres and kuyt falling over like dominos in the city game everytime they got near the box, the golden boy gerrard wasn't around to show them how to do it.

As for the previous post, I hope Mourinho changes his tactics and plays 10 men behind the ball because we will certainly have rooney and tevez on and with vidic back and hopefully neville, our two holding middlefielders (scholes and giggsy?) will be pushing forward at home.

Good news is we did it without Tevez and Rooney sans 10 mins at the end. CR was scary at times - Ibra the best player in the world Jose? :D

Jimmy lad, I really am not sure how much you watch football, and how much you understand it :wai:

well JD, i am not sure if you really want to get into a who's gotta bigger dick contest cause first of all I am not on your little City thread and secondly, I would bet I watch much more football than you. I said the other night we were lucky to beat Blackburn.

Anyways, regarding the match last night, Inter may have had more possession in the 2nd half but the difference between you and I is probably the fact that I count legitimate scoring chances as a measure of would have / should have and on that note Milan had 2 and we had 7.

don't take my word for it, read any of your UK papers for a 2nd opinion. then again you probably wouldn't count CR's injury time free kick from just outside the box as scoring chance. :o

Your first paragraph is simply ludicrous. You have no idea. It would be physically impossible for you to watch more football than me :P Believe me, its my business watching football :jerk:

Re your second paragraph.......let me give you an example. Fulham vs West Brom, a game that Fulham deserved to win. An overwhelming possession advantage, hit the woodwork 4 times , scored 2 goals, totally outplayed the opposition. That is what I consider 'deserved to win'

Now for me Utd did not look like losing, but on the balance a draw was fair. If you had said you believed Utd shaded it , fair enough, but you turn round and say Mourinho is on another planet for saying a draw was fair....... thats just silly :D

Lastly, what do you mean 'your uk papers'? I live in Bangkok, and the last thing I would do to learn about a game is to read a uk paper :burp:

Jimmy lad, I really am not sure how much you watch football, and how much you understand it :wai:

Your first paragraph is simply ludicrous. You have no idea. It would be physically impossible for you to watch more football than me :P Believe me, its my business watching football :jerk:

Re your second paragraph.......let me give you an example. Fulham vs West Brom, a game that Fulham deserved to win. An overwhelming possession advantage, hit the woodwork 4 times , scored 2 goals, totally outplayed the opposition. That is what I consider 'deserved to win'

Now for me Utd did not look like losing, but on the balance a draw was fair. If you had said you believed Utd shaded it , fair enough, but you turn round and say Mourinho is on another planet for saying a draw was fair....... thats just silly :D

Lastly, what do you mean 'your uk papers'? I live in Bangkok, and the last thing I would do to learn about a game is to read a uk paper :burp:

Why don't we all Just all meet up this Sunday to watch the Cup Final ( have a pissup) and discuss football ??

I suggested on another thread the Crossbar as Brian a nice guy BUT he ain't a Man Utd fan (wolves) so neutral..

bt :burp:

don't take my word for it, read any of your UK papers for a 2nd opinion. then again you probably wouldn't count CR's injury time free kick from just outside the box as scoring chance.

Now for me Utd did not look like losing, but on the balance a draw was fair. If you had said you believed Utd shaded it , fair enough, but you turn round and say Mourinho is on another planet for saying a draw was fair....... thats just silly :o

Why don't we all Just all meet up this Sunday to watch the Cup Final ( have a pissup) and discuss football ??

I suggested on another thread the Crossbar as Brian a nice guy BUT he ain't a Man Utd fan (wolves) so neutral..

bt

It would be a fr#### riot :D

Having said that watching Utd reserves vs Spurs reserves aint my idea of fun :D I'd rather watch Villa v Stoke................... on second thoughts :burp:

I keep promising to come out and meet you guys soon. Wait till Mr Boj is over again, give me some vocal support, and I will definately be up for it

Wait till Mr Boj is over again, give me some vocal support, and I will definately be up for it

I'm on countdown now jack. The mrs and baby jangles fly back on the 19th march for a couple of months. So i should be joining them for the last 3 weeks or so. Look forward to catching up again. :o

Jimmy lad, I really am not sure how much you watch football, and how much you understand it :P

Your first paragraph is simply ludicrous. You have no idea. It would be physically impossible for you to watch more football than me :jerk: Believe me, its my business watching football :burp:

Your last sentence says it all mate. If you look to the Bangkok Post / Nation for your sporting news and two-day old highlights taking off the wire....

But using your logic, I guess you would say City deserved to win against LP last week too. The nice thing about having City fans around (bj excluded) by default everyone else looks smarter. :wai: