Visa Application

Hello All,

I have a query which i hope someone may advise me on. I am currently in Haiti, and my contract here will soon be up, I would like to at the end of my posting here visit my family in the UK along with my Thai wife, probably meet in Dubai as she is living in BKK and return together for a holiday in the UK. We have been married since 1997 with the correct paperwork etc. However, my old passport was stolen along with other personal documents while i was here. I did get a brand new passport sent to me here and have since made 1 vacation trip to BKK.

I have the official police report from Haiti stating my passport was stolen but i cannot produce any copy even of my stolen passport with all the stamps and such like.

Anyone have any advise if this will effect my wife's UK visit application. My wife has visited the UK 3 times already.

Thank you all in advance,

James.d

Simply explain the situation and include a copy of the police report.

One of the reasons for wanting to see a copy of the sponsor's passport is to see how many times the sponsor has visited the applicant in Thailand as evidence of the relationship. Your new passport obviously wont show this.

But you are married, so your marriage certificate shows this.

Your wife has also visited the UK. three times; presumably with you as her sponsor; so the relationship has previously been accepted by the ECOs in Bangkok and that is on record.

You may find UK Visit Visa Basics helpful.