The Most Cinematic Thailand Videos You'Ve Ever Seen!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you need a cheap compressor to even out and bring your narrative to prominence, the video composition could be thought out before you film to avoid distractions and keep a focus and flow of your intended subject. Check out the VIDEOMAKER magazine with it's many tips and basic videography principals. I use tall bipods and tripods to keep scenes exciting. Try using greater and lesser heights to add impact to panaromas and b shots. Best of luck...

As mentioned above, is there a "third party" who is also filming or do you put the camera on a tripod when there are shots of you two or buzzing around in the car? Can't wait to see you film obtaining your work permit or crossing into the Burmese border every three months to get your passport stamped. (another taste of reality)

First off, great videos. As far as I'm concerned from a simple viewer's viewpoint, they looked very professional.

Now down to reality. I couldn't always hear what you were saying and the English accent probably tripped me up a little so if you covered any of the below items...my apologizes.

When you came to Thailand with your dog that must not have been easy. You must have had to get some kind of export permit or paperwork to take her out of England and certainly import papers to bring her into Thailand. I've looked into bringing our dog back to the US and it's a huge pain in the butt.

When you got the car, I'm not sure why you went all the way to Bangkok for a used car when there are 1000's in Chiang Mai. Also, there was nothing about about getting a Thai drivers license, though it's not necessary if you have an international license along with your national license from England. However, in one year the international will expire and then you must have a Thai license unless you go back to England and renew the international. Also no mention of the ins and outs of transferring the cars BLUE book into your name. I'm betting you never got a BLUE book. Also no mention of getting insurance. If you get in an accident and severely injure someone or even kill them then you will wish you had insurance.

I've lived here three years and have had to deal with all of these issues.

Good luck and as I said, great videos...very enjoyable.

Absolutely brilliant video of your journey so far Sacha & Jmayel.

Thailand Tourism, should sign you guys up....... what a way to sell Thailand around the world.

My wife and I, are from Australia and a tad bit older, waiting to sell our house and move to Thailand to retire, keep up your great work, really loved the captions/speed and the whole HD look.

Please don't listen to some people, with their supposed video advice, we thought it was easily the best doco travel video we have seen. Isn't it great you have Skype to keep in touch with your families in the U.K.

Look forward to many more episodes------------- and sell it to channel 4/BBC/ITV etc.

2 x Aussie fans of yours

• Like 2

Well done guys - excellent viewing. Keep up the good work & keep doing exactly as you're doing & don't bother listening to any of the so called experts telling you what & how you should be doing it! Let's see their contributions first!

Looking forward to the next episode.

• Like 1

Hi Man, Woman and Dog

I really enjoyed watching the videos. I have spent time living in Pai and Chiang Mai. I am now in Chiang Rai. Looking forward to seeing your video about this province. There are many interesting places to visit like Doi Mae Salong. Nice to see Thailand portrayed in a positive light for a change.

• Like 1

Great Videos, must take you a very long time in the making but they're well worth it, we loved them.thumbsup.gif

If you plan on visiting Kanchanaburi, please get in touch.

J, Sacha and Eden, I would love to meet you all and show you around my fantastic province

welcomeani.gif

I retired here in my young 30's over 5 years ago, i'm from the UK and it was the best decision that i ever made.

Best wishes

Boycie, Marlene and Marmaduke

• Like 1

I couldnt get through the 2nd episode. Just seems a bit too staged, reading pre-written lines and alot of dramatic posing to the camera.

Definitely got some post production talent, but not for me im afraid.

I hope you enjoy your time in Thailand x

• Like 1

First off, great videos. As far as I'm concerned from a simple viewer's viewpoint, they looked very professional.

Now down to reality. I couldn't always hear what you were saying and the English accent probably tripped me up a little so if you covered any of the below items...my apologizes.

When you came to Thailand with your dog that must not have been easy. You must have had to get some kind of export permit or paperwork to take her out of England and certainly import papers to bring her into Thailand. I've looked into bringing our dog back to the US and it's a huge pain in the butt.

When you got the car, I'm not sure why you went all the way to Bangkok for a used car when there are 1000's in Chiang Mai. Also, there was nothing about about getting a Thai drivers license, though it's not necessary if you have an international license along with your national license from England. However, in one year the international will expire and then you must have a Thai license unless you go back to England and renew the international. Also no mention of the ins and outs of transferring the cars BLUE book into your name. I'm betting you never got a BLUE book. Also no mention of getting insurance. If you get in an accident and severely injure someone or even kill them then you will wish you had insurance.

The stuff about the International Driver's Licence is wrong, as it often is on here. Because it is VALID for a year does not mean it is a legal Licence to drive in Thailand for one year - it is not a Licence, it is a Permit, and inside Thailand it is valid for only 3 months - all the ex-pats driving around on an International after that, technically-speaking are driving ILLEGALLY in LOS. This does not mean that you can't get away with it given the lack of precise legal knowledge possessed by most BiBs who stop you.

Edited by crazydrummerpauly
  • Like 1

It was a pleasure opening up your thread guys and seeing such positivity and creativeness displayed.

I think you have set a very good example to what being an ex pat is all about.

The north has much to offer and looking forward to seeing more of your posts in the near future.

Very refreshing! and thanks for sharing.biggrin.png

The stuff about the International Driver's Licence is wrong, as it often is on here. Because it is VALID for a year does not mean it is a legal Licence to drive in Thailand for one year - it is not a Licence, it is a Permit, and inside Thailand it is valid for only 3 months - all the ex-pats driving around on an International after that, technically-speaking are driving ILLEGALLY in LOS. This does not mean that you can't get away with it given the lack of precise legal knowledge possessed by most BiBs who stop you.

Gee give it a break -you don't know what kind of licence they have. I'm looking at cars in Bangkok as well even though there are even more cars for sale locally than in Chiang Mai.

plus; you are wrong - An international licence isn't a permit - it is actually just a translation accepted by over 150 countries under United Nations sanction.

• Like 2

Gee give it a break -you don't know what kind of licence they have. I'm looking at cars in Bangkok as well even though there are even more cars for sale locally than in Chiang Mai.

plus; you are wrong - An international licence isn't a permit - it is actually just a translation accepted by over 150 countries under United Nations sanction.

There is no such thing as an International Licence - that's the whole point. It is a Permit ->

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Driving_Permit

And there is no intrinsic contradiction between it being a Permit and a translation - it's both.

It is called a Permit to distinguish it from a Licence, which requires a test by the local authority.

If there ever was an International Licence, it would have to be given to drivers who passed some new globally-administered driving-test.

But the main point is, and why i bothered to post at all - if foreign drivers have an accident, the Thai insurers are within their rights to refuse

to pay out if all the driver has is an International Permit and it has been used in country for more than 3 months. The origin of this is the fact

that the Permit was originally created for holiday-drivers, not for long-term residents to drive about in a foreign country.

• Like 1

Now that was really cool,glad to have people like you here in the neighborhood,great filming and great idea,you're kid/s will cherish and benefit from what you have recorded for ever,well done..clap2.gif

Edited by yummypizza
  • Like 1