The Most Cinematic Thailand Videos You'Ve Ever Seen!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that was pretty cool man. Very well made video and despite what the misserable bugger said about "real Songkran" or whatever i also thought it was one of the beter Songkran vids ive seen.

Seem like a real sound couple as well. Wish them the best of luck

• Like 1

Nice video , enjoyed it, very well edited. Can I make some suggestions?

Sometimes the 'non horizontal ' shots don't work, pans of scenery maybe better truly horizontal, as are shots in houses.

Other effects, speeding up, slowing down, distract a bit

Your voice overs are great for your friends, but are often obscured by the high level of the music track. I can't do voice overs unless I practice to slow down A LOT, maybe go back and listen again? You can always fade down the music while you are speaking then raise it again if you want.

I've just got back from that area,it's great, very leafy at present. If you go again, try to visit Mae Hong Song, a wonderful Wat on the hill, great little town, less 'touristy' than Pai. The airport is amazing, almost in the high street.

Cheers

( BTW my previous comment was just a send up, great videos but maybe not 'the best')

• Like 2

Nicely done, very professional.

Thanx for taking the time and sharing,

My attempt at capturing some of my travels on video sometimes ended up tedious and rambling.

Yours are concise and fast moving, looking forward to more.

Kudos

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Hi,

I have only managed to watch the first Video my net connection Where i am is to slow but great i look forward to catching this when I arrive home to Thailand in August happy travels love Eden We have the perfect girlfriend for him Millie, she answers to Thai & English she's a Bangkok girl ''Bichon Havanese'',but don't hold that against her.

all the best with your adventure John & Sally B-P Expat couple living the dream like you.

post-54061-4738_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Thailand. Good video and stories. Would like to ask if,in video 1, you were having your first cooked meal, how come all the furniture and TV plus fittings are in place. You were obviously not in a hotel and it is extremely rare to be able to rent "fully furnished" apartments in Thailand. Good l;uck with your futures.

As I sit here in gloomy, dreary Belgium, your videos brought a few rays of sunshine and Happy Thai memories - for which - thank you.

I make videos for a living and truly yours are not bad at all in fact for the genre - they are excellent. One does not find oneself using 'Fast forward' at all.

Thanks and best wishes to the three of you,

Chris, Magali and daughter Thais.

Also, since you just got a house, you may want to look into security. Thieves are everywhere here. They even remove tiles and come through the roof. Be careful with your valuables. Find a good hiding place in your house for anything you don't want stolen. High probability of being burgled in a lone house like yours.

• Like 1

Great videos. I watched one and had to see the whole series so far. Post production is excellent. Can I ask what camera do you use to film this? Is there a third person working the cam or do you stick it on a tripod? I am not a professional photographer, just loved the style, mood and tone of the videos that capture a real sense of living of Thailand. Well done!

Absolutely fantastic...I spent sonkran last year at Chaing Mai- fantastic place....Hope it all works out for you...and please keep the videos coming.

Are you going to cover setting up your business and the pitfalls you encountered?

Edited by ginglee

Hey, When you're envied enough to evoke Tall poppy syndrome you must be doing something right! Unfortunately there are a lot of contributors on this site who have embraced being negative to others as a perverse hobby.

I look forward to more episodes as we are excited about also moving to Thailand later this year (with our dog). I'll be studying Thai part time and the school organises the visa (For 3 years! - Not expecting to be ground down anytime soon smile.png) Keep living the good life- being kind to each other makes all the difference in the world - why doesn't everyone just do that?

• Like 2

Good stuff. It must take a lot of time & effort and I thank you.

It's easy to forget the wonderment and sensory overload that comes when someone arrives in Thailand. May you never loose it. As you can tell there are many hard hearts amoung us.

What visa's are you here under?