Question On Renewing Entry To Thailand

My current passport allows me 60 days of stay in Thailand without the need for a visa. If I need to renew it, can I just make a quick trip across the Malaysian border and come back and stay another 60 days?

I thought that to board the Plane you would require an onward ticket!

Just a note regarding the above.

I've only been asked to show a return ticket when I was flying the country's main airline, from the airline itself, never at any airport immigration.

Example 1: Was flying from a return ticket from London to Thailand on Thai Airways, the airline asked me to show a ticket out of Thailand, to which I said I don't need one, look at my pretty visa (non-imm B ). They made me sign a declaration saying I will not over stay. And I had to show them my credit card (proof I have money I guess). However at the border, they never asked me to show anything, they don't even talk...

Example 2: One way ticket to Malaysia from Indonesia on Malaysia Airlines and again, the airline asked me to show a return ticket. I simply said I book Air Asia when the time will come. Again, they made me sign a paper saying I will not over stay and so forth. And again, immigration at Malaysia never care for showing a return ticket.

Edited by utneflyte