Kia Spare Parts In Thailand ?

pop3

I'm interested if anybody here on the forum owns a Kia car, Suv, or Minibus ? Compared to most cars here you seem to get a lot of car for your money with Kia. also the build quality seems to be good.

This brings me to the opinion there must be a catch ? a Thai friend of mine who runs a Kia Carnival tells me there's no problem with spare parts that Bangkok has everything !

Can anyone shine some light on this ?

Thank you in advance for any reply's. smile.png

46 views and 0 reply's ? either the Kia drivers are so busy driving around trouble free in their cars they have no time to spend sitting at a computer or Farang Kia drivers are few on the ground coffee1.gif

There's a number of reasons - negative perceptions of kia among Thais. There are not many service centres and the one I have seen don't look as professionally set up as the major brands. You need to look carefully at what you get for your money. Take the kia picanto for example - looks good value but then you read it has no abs or airbags in even the top model! You'd really only buy a kia if you want to be different from the rest. As for spare parts and reliability it's hard to tell as there are so few on the road. Most Thais don't have a lot of money to spend on constant repairs / servicing or don't want the hassle, so they go with stable major brands with good and reliable servicing.

negative perceptions of kia among Thais.

Yes and I wonder if this comes from the lack of spare parts available ? The thing that concerns me is if you buy a second hand one, a Kia Sportage for example and you have access to all spares even if you have to get them from Bangkok you can do something but if spares are not available you may well be off the road for months just because of a simple part.

46 views and 0 reply's ? either the Kia drivers are so busy driving around trouble free in their cars they have no time to spend sitting at a computer or Farang Kia drivers are few on the ground coffee1.gif

You got in 2. smile.png