Bumrungrad Hospital For Plastic Surgery...

slf

:o I am from the United States and I am planning to come to Bangkok to have plastic surgery done at the hospital and would like any infomation if anybody has had or knows anyone who has had surgery there and how it all turned out. I plan on staying for 2 or 3 weeks while I am healing from the surgery and does anybody know of a really good low price place where I could stay while I am there.

Please if you have any infomation please contact me here or you can email me at:

[email protected]

Thanks All For Your Help!!!

Its not so much the hospital, but the surgeon you will use that I would be worried about. Bumrungrad is considered as the elite hospital for most fields and would most likely have on call the leading surgeons in their respective fields. They also have a block of apartments next door to the hospital so i assume you could enquire about using one of those if you want to be really close. Seemingly the price is very attractive by all accounts. I guess they run at about 2-3000 baht a night for an apartment. if thats too high there is always the PB hotel opposite the entrance to the hospital. If your not familar with it, its a short time hotel with rooms downstairs where you drive your car into a covered parking bay and then they pull the curtain closed so that nobody can see your car whilst your bonking your chosen 'friend'. Upstairs however they have rooms which are quite nice and go for 700 baht a night. Just dont expect too much in the way of additional services....

Have you looked at their website? www.bumrungrad.com

Hope this helps

Bumrungrad is an excellent hospital. I agree with that. It does not specialize in any one area, however. This means that its surgeons are good but not the best in Thailand in their field. Try asking around in the type of surgery that you wish. You will find that the best surgeon is not at Bumrungrad. For elective surgeries, I would go elsewhere. Excellent surgeons start their own private clinics where they can make more money. The top plastic surgeons, gender reassignment surgeons, LASIK surgeons, etc. work on their own and have a large enough clientele that they don't need to be dependant on a large hospital that will take a large share of administrative costs.