Purchasing Of A New Car

Now in LOS for first time car buyer can have rebate 100000bt. Does it apply to foreigner as well? When is this promotion end? If let say the car is unable to deliver before the promotion last date but I have pay full payment within the period. Will the 100k still effectively? And when will they refund us back this amount? Thanks..

As poolhustler has said, it is for Thais only and you get the rebate after one year. You cannot then sell thecar for five years.

I believe the offer is supposed to end this coming October, and if you want to take advantage of it, you better get moving. With waiting times for most cars you will likely need to be lucky to get something in time. You probably can, but your choices will be limited.

We ordered our Honda at xmas, and after lots of phone calls to the dealer, we've finally been able to pin them down on an approximate date, which is between July 1st and 10th. There were obviously problems with the factory during floods, we knew this when ordering, but still a crazy wait.

Good luck.

As poolhustler has said, it is for Thais only and you get the rebate after one year. You cannot then sell thecar for five years.

I believe the offer is supposed to end this coming October, and if you want to take advantage of it, you better get moving. With waiting times for most cars you will likely need to be lucky to get something in time. You probably can, but your choices will be limited.

We ordered our Honda at xmas, and after lots of phone calls to the dealer, we've finally been able to pin them down on an approximate date, which is between July 1st and 10th. There were obviously problems with the factory during floods, we knew this when ordering, but still a crazy wait.

Good luck.

No rebate for foreigner?arg!! Boring..

I'm buying Honda city. I will be in Thailand in July. Will I able to purchase and collect on the spot in July?

Good luck.

I'm buying Honda city. I will be in Thailand in July. Will I able to purchase and collect on the spot in July?

Doubtful unless you ordered it and paid a deposit more than 6 months ago. Honda was one of the hardest hit by the floods with all inventory AND manufacturing wiped out. It is all back online again but the backlog is immense. If you are paying cash, you may get a shorter delivery time but you would need someone on the ground in Thailand doing that groundwork now to have any chance of getting the car quickly. Alternatively, you could rent one until yours is ready.

Good luck.

Doubtful unless you ordered it and paid a deposit more than 6 months ago. Honda was one of the hardest hit by the floods with all inventory AND manufacturing wiped out. It is all back online again but the backlog is immense. If you are paying cash, you may get a shorter delivery time but you would need someone on the ground in Thailand doing that groundwork now to have any chance of getting the car quickly. Alternatively, you could rent one until yours is ready.

:( another bad news.. I will be in LOS in July. I can pay cash on that time but not sure am I able to purchase. Heard that need to show them the certificate of residence to prove I have stay more than 90days in order to buy a car. But if it's true, I can only purchase in sept??? Don't dare to think the delivery date. It's getting more far. I have no choice as well. :(

Good luck.

sad.png another bad news.. I will be in LOS in July. I can pay cash on that time but not sure am I able to purchase. Heard that need to show them the certificate of residence to prove I have stay more than 90days in order to buy a car. But if it's true, I can only purchase in sept??? Don't dare to think the delivery date. It's getting more far. I have no choice as well. sad.png

You need certificate of residence or workpermit. Good thing is you can even get certificate of residence on normal visa or visa exempt entry.

Good luck.

Kelvin, didn't we have this exact same conversation by pm a few weeks ago. Nothing has changed. I'm still waiting for my City and it has been on order since late December. We now have now been given a delivery date of July.

Your chances of getting one on the spot are beyond wafer thin. But TiT, so give it a go.

Good luck.

Kelvin, didn't we have this exact same conversation by pm a few weeks ago. Nothing has changed. I'm still waiting for my City and it has been on order since late December. We now have now been given a delivery date of July.

Your chances of getting one on the spot are beyond wafer thin. But TiT, so give it a go.

Oh ya.. My memory is bad.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

@Kelvin. What is the problem, in another thread you are telling the world, that your wife is different. Just send her, or even better her multiricefarming family, the money and they will be able to get the rebate! To make sure nothing goes wrong, you just need to buy of those samesame but different Buddhastatues, you asked about in yet another thread. Or even better see if you can get your hands on one of those bbq'ed goldleafed foetuses, then you will be 100% safe.

For entertainment-value I'll give you 10 out of 10. Only valid in this orbit !

@Kelvin. What is the problem, in another thread you are telling the world, that your wife is different. Just send her, or even better her multiricefarming family, the money and they will be able to get the rebate! To make sure nothing goes wrong, you just need to buy of those samesame but different Buddhastatues, you asked about in yet another thread. Or even better see if you can get your hands on one of those bbq'ed goldleafed foetuses, then you will be 100% safe.

For entertainment-value I'll give you 10 out of 10. Only valid in this orbit !

Come on Soi41, he's only asking, get off his back. He clearly has many questions he needs answering, which is the main point of the forum, isn't it.

I think it is good he is asking, and then hopefully he will take on board some of the better advice offered, and will avoid some of the pitfalls so many newbies to LoS fall in to.

Good luck.

Oh ya.. My memory is bad.

Pretty much the only car you will get straight away would be the Nissan March. Friend went in had the car next day.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Like why would anyone even need a car immediately when moving to Thailand for the first time, full time? You see the way these punters drive here?! Having a new car from day #1 isn't going to reduce the culture shock and ease ones immersion into this pit of pedantic bureaucracy and backwater of obscure cultural tripwires. You can't drive away from visa runs and sin sodt payments after all. You can use a taxi to go to the Immigration office and go to the bank though.

If the OP is paying cash, lump sum for outright purchase of the car, then a lot of the paperwork such as proof of residence may be waived, depending on the dealer, weather, day of the week, etc.. The OP may plan on residing within an Amphur jurisdiction that is happy to issue a yellow tibian bahn or he could end up in the likes of Nongbua Lamphu where the Amphur swears that issuing yellow books to farang married and living with a Thai is illegal. He could chose to live in a provincial black hole where the only available bank branch wants a letter from the police before thinking about opening an account ( I saw that in a recent post somewhere).

There's just too many variables in the OP's situation that can easily negate any earnest advice given by members on this Forum. Then we will see the 'bullshit' calls as one member swears that where he lives, the sky isn't blue or another swears that something can be done because his mate told him that his neighbours wife's oldest second cousin knew a chap that used to work in the Amphurs office as a driver for the boss and had seen it done.

Trying to have everything cut and dried and perfect for the planned arrival is impossible. It's not about TiT, it's just reality.

Like why would anyone even need a car immediately when moving to Thailand for the first time, full time?

I'm thinking outside the box here.....maybe he wants his own transportation so he can get around?

If the move is permanent, what's wrong with that?

Looking at your other post (300,000bht)

Buy a second-hand pickup for about 150k, mum will find it very useful in her new business.

Make sure you register the car in your name, don't believe anyone that says you can't.

Yes,I will keep in mind. Thanks