Best Place To Buy Laptop In Pat., New And Used

deejah

Tukcom South Pattaya. I wouldn't buy any computer gear in a supermarket.

I agree with the super market part. In Tukcom you have to be a bit careful where you buy, some of the small shops comes and goes but there are good shops in there.

I bought my HP desktop in Wattana, yes good service, Aut. HP dealer/repair, so if you want a HP, look no further.

I wouldn't buy any computer gear in a supermarket.

Why not?

The warranty on a new laptop will come from the manufacturer not the shop, and in theory both outlets should just sell you a factory-sealed box.

If I was buying Windows as an extra then I would want to have the sealed original disk and key and do the installation myself, which is a doddle. I dont trust Tukcom to install software without also installing malware.

So if the supermarket was cheaper then I would be happy to buy there.

Edited by Darrel

I wouldn't buy any computer gear in a supermarket.

Why not?

The warranty on a new laptop will come from the manufacturer not the shop, and in theory both outlets should just sell you a factory-sealed box.

If I was buying Windows as an extra then I would want to have the sealed original disk and key and do the installation myself, which is a doddle. I dont trust Tukcom to install software without also installing malware.

So if the supermarket was cheaper then I would be happy to buy there.

Just my opinion if you have a warranty issue.

At Tesco it will be send to the headoffice,if you're lucky that will happen in the next 7 days.From there it will go to the manufacturer/dealer and after repair back to the Tesco headoffice,which in return will send it back to the local branch......in the following 7 days if you're lucky.

At Tuckom,if you buy at an authorised dealer like Wattana,they will probably repair it theirself if possible.If not it will be sent to the manufacturer without any middleman and then straight back to the Tuckom shop.

Just my opinion if you have a warranty issue.

At Tesco it will be send to the headoffice,if you're lucky that will happen in the next 7 days.From there it will go to the manufacturer/dealer and after repair back to the Tesco headoffice,which in return will send it back to the local branch......in the following 7 days if you're lucky.

At Tuckom,if you buy at an authorised dealer like Wattana,they will probably repair it theirself if possible.If not it will be sent to the manufacturer without any middleman and then straight back to the Tuckom shop.

If you buy a proper international brand then you should take up any warranty problem directly with the manufacturer, and they will handle all the repairs/replacement, possibly asking you to take it to an agent regardless of where you bought it. You shouldn't talk to the shop about it at all.

Because the supermarket most likely don't have anyone who know anything about what they're selling. Also, the choice is most limited, and usually the cheapest, cut-down models possibly.

I wouldn't expect a sales person in any shop anywhere to know much about what they are selling and so I probably wouldn't be asking any questions, but if a supermarket had the item I wanted for a lower price then I would buy there without hesitation, for the same reason that I happily buy from online places (in countries where buying online is a serious option, which I don't think it is here).

Of course if the item is not the same that is a different matter.

service is an important issue as raised,

i would want to bring it back to where i bought it

or a local service center and

have it fixed sooner not later

-what computer manufacturers have service centers in pattaya or is that not an issue?

also i WILL not buy an HP laptop after already owning a lemon of theirs

Wattana / opp. Foodland. Best service and prices identical. Ask them to call in for updated price on your model of choice.

I fully second this advice

They even send knowledgable technician at your home if needed

And very good prices

Today I bought an external hard disk there (Buffalo MiniStation extreme 500gb) at a better price than on internet:2690b (InvadeIT 3090b)

I always used the supermarkets would never buy new from Tuk Com to much copy gear. For a warranty repair i want it going back to manufacturer or manufacturer apponted agent. . Out of warranty then yes certain stores in Tuk Com but never new. Having said that never had one go wrong from supermarkets so not experienced warranty issues. However without asking Tuk Com shops have put pirate software on when doing repairs.

Your warranty repair will be carried out as the manufacturer wishes. You have no choice about this unless you want to pay for it.

Nor can you deal directly with the shop or have them repair it on your own cognisance, and if you do you will void the rest of the manufacturer's warranty.

In fact except for simple repairs like replacing the hard drive (which also happens to be far and away the most common form of under-warranty repair) most shops will not be competent to effect a laptop repair anyway.

In-warranty laptop breakdowns are surprisingly rare.

Your warranty repair will be carried out as the manufacturer wishes. You have no choice about this unless you want to pay for it.

Nor can you deal directly with the shop or have them repair it on your own cognisance, and if you do you will void the rest of the manufacturer's warranty.

In fact except for simple repairs like replacing the hard drive (which also happens to be far and away the most common form of under-warranty repair) most shops will not be competent to effect a laptop repair anyway.

In-warranty laptop breakdowns are surprisingly rare.

+1. Most any shop could replace that hard drive or upgrade the memory. Otherwise, you've got to deal w/ the manufacturer's service center.

Still, I'd prefer to buy from a shop with halfway knowledgeable staff around and with a repair center. You might have some questions or little glitch they could quickly straighten out. But both are unlikely--glitch or competent staff esp when it comes to name-brand laptops. Few Thai staff can do anything about a software problem except reinstall.

I'd take a look at ratings on the internet for the laptop you propose to purchase. Newegg.com is a good source of feedback

Wattana's been around a very long time and gets good press. They have company contracts so somebody must know something. I like IT City, large selection, repair dept., many locations in Thailand. Though the last time I went in to get my dead UPS battery changed in a Powercom UPS I had bought there, same model they still sell, they were going to have to send it to Bangkok! (Rather than take my suggestion they just order a battery from Bangkok.) Really. Took it downstairs to Amorn and got it back w/ new battery the next day.

Edited by JSixpack

+1. Most any shop could replace that hard drive or upgrade the memory. Otherwise, you've got to deal w/ the manufacturer's service center.

Still, I'd prefer to buy from a shop with halfway knowledgeable staff around and with a repair center. You might have some questions or little glitch they could quickly straighten out. But both are unlikely--glitch or competent staff esp when it comes to name-brand laptops. Few Thai staff can do anything about a software problem except reinstall.

I'd take a look at ratings on the internet for the laptop you propose to purchase. Newegg.com is a good source of feedback

Wattana's been around a very long time and gets good press. They have company contracts so somebody must know something. I like IT City, large selection, repair dept., many locations in Thailand. Though the last time I went in to get my dead UPS battery changed in a Powercom UPS I had bought there, same model they still sell, they were going to have to send it to Bangkok! (Rather than take my suggestion they just order a battery from Bangkok.) Really. Took it downstairs to Amorn and got it back w/ new battery the next day.

Well I hope they've improved since they were providing services to my former company.

I could have done the job right myself first time and done it much quicker.