Need Decent Cheap Car Rental In Pattaya

junglejimbo

im arriving 15th june 2012, me wife an kid need small car for a week here and there, we plan to stay in patts few days then head up to isaan, back to patts then trip to hau hinn or koh chang, we dont need anything flash.

something around 700 a day and easy on fuel.

thanks

Hertz are doing a special rate of 769B per day including full super CDW: ie no excess at all.

If you are feeling lucky you can take it for just 555 per day with regular insurance cover.

No one else I found even comes close to this.

I've had four days of this recently and have been delighted, apart from getting a free "upgrade" from a Vios that I liked to a Jazz which I didnt like at all, but that wasnt Hertz's fault.

• 2 weeks later...

Siam Car hire are pretty good, got a similar deal of 799 baht a day fully comp...

I havent checked but I suspect that one still has a hefty excess on the insurance.

The advantage of the Hertz offer is that the cover is really full, with zero excess.

Mr Darrel.

Is this Hertz at BKK airport or is there an office in Pattaya ?

I am starting to worry about the insurance issues with hire companies inThailand - especially small companies.

Horror stories - if the Bill is over 3,000 pounds (equivelent) the Farrang gets the total bill.....are putting me off

there is a new car hire firm near you on Theprasit just outside the elephant park....I asked in there for prices and they quoted 1,200 a day for a Vios and all damage to be paid by the hirer regardless of fault...!!!

I spun round and left. I think it is being operated by a ex Soviet bloc person with Thai assistance ? There is a lot of Russian script in BIG BOLD script.

Hertz has a branch in the basement of Central Festival.

I should point out that this special price is advertised on their website but you cant order it there, nor can you in theory order it from a branch. You have to call them, or email them perhaps.

Soviets sound like just the sort of people I would not want to argue with about insurance excess charges!

got a great car off an english guy barry from hull. he lives in naklua. only 6000 for 1 week. no problems ....

No problems until you have an accident and discover that his private insurance does not cover you. Will Barry do your prison term for you? I doubt it.

Only a complete pea-brain would hire a car here without full rental insurance, especially given that Hertz will currently rent you a low mileage fully-legal and fully-insured car for just 5500B/week, including zero excess insurance.

got a great car off an english guy barry from hull. he lives in naklua. only 6000 for 1 week. no problems ....

No problems until you have an accident and discover that his private insurance does not cover you. Will Barry do your prison term for you? I doubt it.

Only a complete pea-brain would hire a car here without full rental insurance, especially given that Hertz will currently rent you a low mileage fully-legal and fully-insured car for just 5500B/week, including zero excess insurance.

Thats not a bad price, whatsoever

Better than renting one from someone of the "Arfur Daley" business school (non Brits can Google the name, should they not know who he is/was)

Penkoprod

Hertz are doing a special rate of 769B per day including full super CDW: ie no excess at all.

If you are feeling lucky you can take it for just 555 per day with regular insurance cover.

No one else I found even comes close to this.

I've had four days of this recently and have been delighted, apart from getting a free "upgrade" from a Vios that I liked to a Jazz which I didnt like at all, but that wasnt Hertz's fault.

Thanks for that. We needed a rental for a few days while our car is in the shop. Hertz was happy to give us that rate over the phone when we made the reservation. They did say however if we need to extend the time then we will be stuck paying the expensive counter rate. Fact is, for that price they are the best deal in town for a reputable outfit will full CDW.

They did say however if we need to extend the time then we will be stuck paying the expensive counter rate.

I think that this means that if you take it back late you pay the counter rate. If you decide part-way through your rental that you want extra days, they should be able to add them by phone. At the worst they will book you extra days as a separate booking and then you would just need to pop into the branch at the correct time and sign a new contract. Either way you will get the lower rate.

They did say however if we need to extend the time then we will be stuck paying the expensive counter rate.

I think that this means that if you take it back late you pay the counter rate. If you decide part-way through your rental that you want extra days, they should be able to add them by phone. At the worst they will book you extra days as a separate booking and then you would just need to pop into the branch at the correct time and sign a new contract. Either way you will get the lower rate.

They specifically told me if I needed to extend that I would pay the counter rate for the extra days. I'm not talking about taking it back late I'm talking about adding days to the current contract. That is outside the policy for the deal. You will have to make a new reservation (prob in advance would be best) for the extra days and certainly would have to bring the car back for the old contract and take it out (maybe diff car) for the new. It's not a big deal unless you decide last minute you need an extra day and they tell you that the special rate is not avail and then you'd be stuck paying the counter rate which is like 1400 with the cdw.