Pattaya Lawyer

vediovis

So here is the latest never ending snake story.

Trying to open a company, I started to plan a project with 51% for my wife, and 49% shared between 2 foreigner. I'm supposed to be the director. Then I want to hire 4 Staff, and set up a work permit for myself (based on my marriage Visa Non-O) for an IT position.

More, I own certifications we are only 17 to have in this country, so it shouldn't be too hard to justify the work permit.

Looking easy and simple, isn't it? The kind of plan that should go like dream, without an hesitation.....

So I started to contact a few lawyers, and then the pain began.

NOBODY TOLD ME THE SAME THING.

One told me I need to have Business Visa (Non-B, so I will have to abandon my marriage visa (Non-O) and to go to ask for another one outside of the country (and go to visit Cambodia every 90 days, thank you very much.)

One told me my wife "needs to show her bank statement to the government officer a a proof that she have a money to invest" (????)

and must pay 500, 000 Baht of capitalisation (???? again).

One told me we have to block 2 Millions Baht at the bank for real and never touch them if we want to keep the work permit.

One told me to pay them 60,000 Baht in emergency as I could be considered as already working because I went to see them to talk about my business without work permit.

One told me he can do everything but the paper work (without the discount) approaches the 100,000 Baht (with VAT registration + Social insurance registration + etc, etc... ).

All this is very, very annoying as if I go to make my company in Bangkok I will set up almost everything in 1 day for around 40,000 Baht. They will may be easier for my Work Permit as well (even if I do need to hire 4 Staffs). It's just a stupid paper work to do and some forms to fill. There are thousands of company in this city and it should be always the same mechanical procedure to follow. And I haven't found a gold mine in my garden yet. All this is not serious at all. Even some lawyer's name seem to go out of a B gangster movie. When I tried to tell the name of one of my most serious contact to my associates in Europe, they started to laugh and they asked me if it was a joke. Really, how do you want to set up anything serious in these conditions? How is it possible to convince any oversea partners if nothing is reliable or trustable here? Really, I would regret to have to leave to another city ONLY because a simple and technical point like this one. All this is very disappointing.

So here are my questions :

1/ What's wrong with Pattaya for Business creation? Is it Benny Hill city or what?

2/ Can anybody suggest me a reliable, efficient, honest, trustable and affordable lawyer to set up my company? This project is simple and easy. Something equivalent should have been done millions of time here during the last years. Anybody can help? You can even come with us to join the project at the beginning if you wish.

Thanks for your answers, and good day smile.png

Edited by vediovis

Op, send me a pm and i can forward you info of an accountant i use.

She has not done me wrong, and everything she does seems to work in my favor.

She has done the company for me, my lease, does all my monthly's, did work permit and visa(all in under 2 weeks and cheapest price)

she handled revenue department visit(cost me 0), city hall and anything else comes my way.

Her English is NOT the best, but all in all, i would recommend her

• Like 1

All this is very, very annoying as if I go to make my company in Bangkok I will set up almost everything in 1 day for around 40,000 Baht. They will may be easier for my Work Permit as well (even if I do need to hire 4 Staffs). It's just a stupid paper work to do and some forms to fill.

So why bother opening a thead as you know it all already.

Most of the answers you got from the lawyers are correct.

I can recommend a good lawyer as well:

Khun Thanakorn Bunpan

He's a real attorney at Law, admitted to the Bar (this is the real deal, most 'Lawyers' in Pattaya are not attorneys at Law).

His English is decent and he got his office near the intersection of third road and pattaya klang.

Very reliable and he's got many many farang customers.

Drop me a PM if you want details.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

"One told me to pay them 60,000 Baht in emergency as I could be considered as already working because I went to see them to talk about my business without work permit."

In a topic that is always good for a laugh, this particular legal comment is quite outstanding. smile.png

• Like 1