Age Gap For Sexual Relationships

sandgroper2

Just heard from a usually well informed Govt. friend that a new law is to be passed that prohibits sexual relationships between non thai men and thai women where the age difference is more that 15 years. Those who are already married on the date the act is passed are excempt.I know this has been talked about for quite awhile but never thought it would come to pass. I guess Lek is just gunna hafto drop out of school and find her own way in life.

never happen ...........

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I was thinking April the 1st but then thought oh it comes from someone who has a government freind and who's probably married to a Hi so Thai Chinese.

Wind up.

Edited by MB1

Cambodia's law is 50+ year old foreigners can't marry any Cambodia woman, no matter her age.

Burmese - no foreigners can marry any Burmese woman full stop.

Agree it's unlikely here, and not currently even a twinkle the eye of anyone of importance, but never say never.

IMO would be a blessing anyway, sorry teerak I cannot officially marry you, it would be against the law, so of course no sin sot either 8-)

Cambodia's law is 50+ year old foreigners can't marry any Cambodia woman, no matter her age.

Agree it's unlikely here, and not currently even a twinkle the eye of anyone of importance, but never say never.

IMO would be a blessing anyway, sorry teerak I cannot officially marry you, it would be against the law, so of course no sin sot either 8-)

Aung San Su Kyi was married to an Englishman, wasn't she?

Stuffs me up though, GF is 40 and I'm 50 and GF has made a hint or two recently. dam_n its just not fair.:(

I had a friend who married a muslim woman from Malaysia...there was pressure on him to "convert" to Islam and it was put to him that the marriage will not be recognised in Malaysia otherwise. He was OK to "convert" just to get on with life, until he realised there was to be a circumcision ceremony! OUCH.ermm.gif

Perhaps this "age" condition is not so painful after all.

Edited by doggie888888

re: the sin sot. Some unintended positive consequences.

I believe the law was passed long after that blessed event, and in fact may well have been one of the reasons behind it.

Apparently she didn't know any Burmese guys growing up, was brought up in the UK?

Yes an English doctor, and she studied at oxford and her children live in the UK and one would assume she may even have a British passport, Further she completed a Phd at London Univeristy

Yes an English doctor, and she studied at oxford and her children live in the UK and one would assume she may even have a British passport, Further she completed a Phd at London Univeristy

Wow long time to be separated from your kids, hope she's had access to Skype and such. But I'm sure they've been well-supported by both communities, takes a global village and all that. . .

Just heard from a usually well informed Govt. friend that a new law is to be passed that prohibits sexual relationships between non thai men and thai women where the age difference is more that 15 years.

So the Mia Noi shortage rumours are true rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

have a google of does san su kyi have a british passport.

Interesting Telegrath article you'll find maybe.

Sorry but don't know how to post link with this phone and I certainly cant copy and paste with it.

Edited by MB1

And the point of this thread is?

Don't wear chang sleevless t-shirt with budgie smugglers and flip flops with white socks upto the knees. oh and ditch the cuban cigars unless wearing a panama hat.

Glad to be of help.

Edited by MB1