Who Can Help Me?

justaforeigner

i can not comment on either as this is second hand information. though i am having hard time believing they get paid 2000 per student per dive.This is what the company charge, certainly not what they get

Please read more carefully.....i will quote myself.

"They were paid per student on each course, I seem to recall 2000thb per head; do the the maths, 5 students x 2000thb = 10,000 every four days."

As for teaching over 100K, it is very visible as private schools pay top money, one of BKK schools were looking for teachers offering $53000-$55000 per year, ie approx 135 000 per month

I know how much international school teachers earn, I am one, however you were talking an efl teacher (and non-native speaker as well) working for a university. The unis - yes all of them - do not pay that kind of money for English teachers. Do a simple bit of research yourself.

You would need to be home country certified and very experienced to get into that pay bracket, and if your mate was these things, what was he doing teaching TEFL for 20 odd thousand a month?

All my info is first hand....thumbsup.gif

But none of this really helps the OP, other than to say that there are options out there, but the diving and teaching options won't make you rich. They will in fact cost you money in the first instance (especially if you go the Pay And Die Instantly route), which will literally cost £thousands.....Teaching you will need a TEFL or CELTA cert minimum.

Edited by LucidLucifer

Yeah this is probebly true that you won't get rich from diving. even though if I can manage it for a few years it will be a good part of life to remember.

also my special thanks to phl about the Odesk tip. I applied to some writing jobs and today started my first one already. With a little bit of luck this will mean 5 articles on a daily basis. Again it not make me rich but all the small parts help.

Still all posts here are appriciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Dears,

First post here, but straight to the point...The company I work for is urgently looking for an instructor, trainer, teacher who can teach Dutch or Flemish to different level of Dutch speaking employees.

Share the link at the end if you know a Dutch/Flemish speaker in Bangkok who may be looking for a job. tinyurl.com/7k735ov.

Thanks in advance