Thai Wife, Irish Or English Pension Entitlements?

Velocette

As an Irish pensioner I may be entitled to claim my Thai wife as a 'dependant adult' and get an extra allowance for her. This extra payment, if approved would be payed directly into her bank account.

I've asked for an application form in order to apply for this payment, I imagine it will be more difficult to qualify than if my wife was from Europe, I will be applying for payment for a 'Non EU Spouse' as a dependant adult. If granted I believe the payment would continue after my death, when she may qualify for a Widows pension or whatever they call it.

I don't recall seeing any posts about this subject, which is unusual, as there as so many guys out here on pensions. So I'm curious to know if there are any Irish or British (very similar welfare system) guys out there, who have direct knowledge and have already qualified for these payments.

Such payments are no longer available in the UK. They were phased out a couple of years ago.

Thank you cardholder, so it used to be available in the UK, but it no longer is, quite possible then, given how close the Irish Welfare is to the Uk that it won't be available for me either. Not what I wanted to hear, I feel less optimistic about my application.

Such payments are no longer available in the UK. They were phased out a couple of years ago.

Does this apply even if a Thai-born wife has become a british citizen ? Any links appreciated, Thanks

Yes - no one is eligible.

Does this apply even if a Thai-born wife has become a british citizen ? Any links appreciated, Thanks

Yes - no one is eligible.

Direct.Gov is your website - but I doubt that you will find anything as the benefit no longer exists.

I think it was 3 years ago that the benefit was withdrawn.