Lady Gaga In Hot Water Over Bangkok Concert

webfact

15 pages about some talentless Madonna wannabe. Must be a slow time in TV land!

You're entitled to your opinion. For me, I think Gaga's talent is head and shoulders above Madonna. Have you listened to her stuff, or are you just showing your age?

• Like 2

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 pages about some talentless Madonna wannabe. Must be a slow time in TV land!

You're entitled to your opinion. For me, I think Gaga's talent is head and shoulders above Madonna. Have you listened to her stuff, or are you just showing your age?

As are you and everyone else.

I did force myself to watch/ listen to an entire gaga VDO, as I don't like to criticize something I haven't experienced. However, nothing worth looking for a second serving.

<are you just showing your age?>

Ah, at least in my day there were great groups like The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Dire Straits and Pink Floyd, and great soloists like Enya and Joni Mitchell ( they didn't need to resort to shock tactics to garner an audience ). Where are their equals these days?

Have a look for yourself. It is as plain to see as her cheeks are to see. The flag on Lady Gaga's motorcycle is NOT the Thai flag, The flag she used has 3 stripes only, with the top one blue, then white, then red, not even close to being the Thai flag. And the flag does not touch the floor.

Lady Gaga Live in Bangkok 2012 Part7 (HD)

Thailand Flag

http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/flags/countrys/asia/thailand.htm

Apparently she used national flags in other countries. Obviously she did her homework unlike the Culture minister and used another flag here so that she could not be accused of insulting it.

Do not know about her talent but I think I saw better shows 40 years ago upstairs at PatPong.

Apparently she used national flags in other countries. Obviously she did her homework unlike the Culture minister and used another flag here so that she could not be accused of insulting it.

Do not know about her talent but I think I saw better shows 40 years ago upstairs at PatPong.

ditto, but not that long ago, LOL.

You guys are taking this to strange levels (as if it wasn't already) by suggesting this was not a Thai Flag and that she would use a different nation's flag while performing here.

It is a Thai flag without any doubt and one that is folded in a way to make sure it doesn't touch the ground which is a big no-no where Gaga is from.

2ppgdq8.jpg

Edited by Nisa

You guys are taking this to strange levels (as if it wasn't already) by suggesting this was not a Thai Flag and that she would use a different nation's flag while performing here.

It is a Thai flag without any doubt and one that is folded in a way to make sure it doesn't touch the ground which is a big no-no where Gaga is from.

2ppgdq8.jpg

You are of course wrong. Lady Gaga's flag has ONLY 3 stripes blue on top, white, red on the bottom stripe and all 3 stripes are the same width, the Thai flag has 5 stripes. Red on the top and bottom stripes, a wider blue stripe in the middle and 2 white stripes separating the blue stripe from the red stripes. At 1:35 into the video it is plain to see it is NOT a Thai flag.

Lady Gaga Live in Bangkok 2012 Part7 (HD)

• Like 1

2ppgdq8.jpg

You are of course wrong. Lady Gaga's flag has ONLY 3 stripes blue on top, white, red on the bottom stripe and all 3 stripes are the same width, the Thai flag has 5 stripes. Red on the top and bottom stripes, a wider blue stripe in the middle and 2 white stripes separating the blue stripe from the red stripes. At 1:35 into the video it is plain to see it is NOT a Thai flag.

I am sorry but you either need glasses or are so stubborn you are never going to admit the flag pictured (a screen shot from the video) is clearly a folded Thai flag with the top wed & white stripes running down the right side. It has go to be the most ridiculous notion in the world to believe she would put another nation's flag on the faux bike for the Thai concert while using the nation's flag she is in at every other country. You want to talk about an insult.

This really has gotten ridiculous and if anyone wants to continue to incorrectly believe this nonsense then more power to you but be warned, you are making yourself look silly.

Edited by Nisa

But I will say without a doubt, after looking at this video (start from 1:57), I can now understand why some conservative people would have serious problems with their Nation's Flag being part of this part of the show. I thought it was just a matter of it being displayed on the back of the fake bike while she performed as a musician and not it being part of lesbian doggy style humping in bikinis. Edited by Nisa

But I will say without a doubt, after looking at this video (start from 1:57), I can now understand why some conservative people would have serious problems with their Nation's Flag being part of this part of the show. I thought it was just a matter of it being displayed on the back of the fake bike while she performed as a musician and not it being part of lesbian doggy style humping in bikinis.

Yes it was not in good taste outside of Patpong,

but it is clearly NOT the Thailand flag.

Only the colors are the same, as in being a banner resembling the flag.

Nothing more. That is 100% clear on a big monitor.

But I will say without a doubt, after looking at this video (start from 1:57), I can now understand why some conservative people would have serious problems with their Nation's Flag being part of this part of the show. I thought it was just a matter of it being displayed on the back of the fake bike while she performed as a musician and not it being part of lesbian doggy style humping in bikinis.

Ah, but that is the best part.

I thought it was just a matter of it being displayed on the back of the fake bike while she performed as a musician and not it being part of lesbian doggy style humping in bikinis.

You really do need to get out more often.

Ah, but that is the best part.

Hey, not complaining but certainly can see where the complaints came from now. Things have come a long way since Elvis' shaking leg being censored from TV but still think there are a lot of conservative people who might find simulated lesbian doggy style humping on a contraption adorned with a the national flag a bit over the top smile.png

Edited by Nisa

You really do need to get out more often.

hmmm, I can understand people's views who are not similar to mine but I need to get out more ... I think you may be talking to a mirror.

Hey, not complaining but certainly can see where the complaints came from. Things have come a long way since Elvis' shaking leg being censored from TV but still think there are a lot of conservative people who might find simulated lesbian doggy style humping a bit over the top in a rock show smile.png

And then some of the same people will go out for a nice relaxing massage, or a trip to a karaoke bar, or maybe to see their mia noi or gik.

It's a hypocritical society from start to finish.

Hey, not complaining but certainly can see where the complaints came from. Things have come a long way since Elvis' shaking leg being censored from TV but still think there are a lot of conservative people who might find simulated lesbian doggy style humping a bit over the top in a rock show smile.png

And then some of the same people will go out for a nice relaxing massage, or a trip to a karaoke bar, or maybe to see their mia noi or gik.

It's a hypocritical society from start to finish.

Pretty much ALL human societies are hypocritical, but Thailand may be bucking for hub of hypocrisy status.

If the Culture Minister and some other anal retentive Thais want to find things to get offended by, I can think of many things more offensive than a pretty white chick sitting on a fake motocy, with a red white and blue piece of material hanging nearby.

For starters:

>>>> daily extortions of tourists at Pattaya and Phuket beaches

>>>> daily tossing of litter everywhere - even within Thailand's most revered parks

>>>> dumping of garbage within Thailand's forests, daily

>>>> dumping of garbage along Thailand's coastlines, 24/7

>>>> copious amounts of pesticides/herbicides dumped on Thai land, everywhere

>>>> tons of MSG applied to Thai food, but a dearth of organic produce within the Kingdom

>>>> tens of millions of uncared-for dogs, allowed to defecate and bark everywhere

(that's a lot of dog poop, much of which dries, pulverizes, and gets blown around in the air we breathe)

.....shall I continue?

Is this still up?

The only reason the Thai goverment encouraged people to be "outraged" about this is traditional Thai practice of DEFLECTION - from their ongoing political problems. However I did like the fact that when this erupted and the supposed outrage was brewing, the thai papers - and Bangkok Post had pictures and articles about the illegal devices you could buy to watch the Euro 2012 Football by pirating the signal - WooHoo! Lets go Team!

That outrage about counterfit goods and pirating pratling didn't even last the weekend

LOL. All this sound & fury! Like ANYBODY in the Thai govt gives a s##t what a bunch of farangs with too much time on THEIR hands

have to say about this or most anything. Talk about howling at the moon...

This is a Thread started in the news section of a public forum,which has the purpose of discussing news stories.

Did you expect that anybody with half a brain cell would not take this announcement as hilarious?

Oh I come here for the opinions & discussion! Often very worthwhile (if occasionally obsessed...). It's all the high blood pressure and "ownership" that I think is so amusing.

If the Culture Minister and some other anal retentive Thais want to find things to get offended by, I can think of many things more offensive than a pretty white chick sitting on a fake motocy, with a red white and blue piece of material hanging nearby.

For starters:

>>>> daily tossing of litter everywhere - even within Thailand's most revered parks

>>>> tons of MSG applied to Thai food, but a dearth of organic produce within the Kingdom

>>>> tens of millions of uncared-for dogs, allowed to oand bark everywhere

(that's a lot of dog poop, much of which dries, pulverizes, and ge fts blown around in the air we breathe)

.....shall I continue?

YOU ARE RIGHT! All the dog shit, plastic, foam, aluminum being burned in fire pits in city limits outside.inside national parks only adds to the wretched smell of polution I despise. What about the millions of species of life which has gone extinct in recent years and the millions of species which are currently endangered and being UNPROTECTED?? We need a plan TO STOP the CHINESE MAFIA, who really cares about Lady Gaga and her HiSo crowd of Monsters?

whAT LIES BENEATH YOUR BRAIN IS STRENGTH, WHAT LIES ABOVE AND BEYOND YOUR BRAIN IS GRACE!

For starters:

>>>> tens of millions of uncared-for dogs, allowed to oand bark everywhere

(that's a lot of dog poop, much of which dries, pulverizes, and ge fts blown around in the air we breathe)

.....shall I continue?

YOU ARE RIGHT! All the dog shit, plastic, foam, aluminum being burned in fire pits in city limits outside.inside national parks only adds to the wretched smell of polution I despise. What about the millions of species of life which has gone extinct in recent years and the millions of species which are currently endangered and being UNPROTECTED?? We need a plan TO STOP the CHINESE MAFIA, who really cares about Lady Gaga and her HiSo crowd of Monsters?

whAT LIES BENEATH YOUR BRAIN IS STRENGTH, WHAT LIES ABOVE AND BEYOND YOUR BRAIN IS GRACE!

Right on.... and what are they going to do when the zombies invade? .... tell me that.

Probably make them pay more for a taxi ride than the farangs.... despicable isn't it.

Do you think that the very untalented, tremendously ugly, result of a cross pollination between a beat box and a PR machine Lady Gaga could be the final straw to get the next coup in motion? If one of Hottie Yinglucks Giks were at the show, the tanks will come out.

What is " Hottie Yinglucks Giks" ??? I've heard Thai people say "giks" in conversation before but nobody would explain to me what it means. I've asked my wife but she just laughs and blows it off...

Edited by tiger2