Will Set Index Reach 800 Points This Month?

I have invested a lot in AJF Star Capital Fund an wonder if sombody hav any knowledge about the set index this month? The first week was better than ever, but now i am concerned what's going to happen next week and the week after! Thanks for all help.

I have invested a lot in AJF Star Capital Fund an wonder if sombody hav any knowledge about the set index this month? The first week was better than ever, but now i am concerned what's going to happen next week and the week after! Thanks for all help.

bander investing in funds is normally a long time depending on what class you go in too.

growth funds generally around a 3/5 year investment.

if you are going to worry about what is going to happen from week to week you are in the wrong investment just sit back and relax.

i dont no what alf star capital fund is so i cannot comment on this fund,is it a cash fund paying a set rate linked to the SET?

bander investing in funds is normally a long time depending on what class you go in too.

growth funds generally around a 3/5 year investment.

if you are going to worry about what is going to happen from week to week you are in the wrong investment just sit back and relax.

i dont no what alf star capital fund is so i cannot comment on this fund,is it a cash fund paying a set rate linked to the SET?

i watch my funds everyday, mostly for entertainment value. nev is correct, you cannot worry about daily and weekly fluctations, it will drive you crazy. keep your eye on the big picture however.

i just looked at your fund. did you know the fees on that are 1.89%! that's very high!

also i don;t like the look of this:

Liquidity Risk: The Thai stock market may not be efficient compared to those of developed countries. The lack of liquidity may

affect the value of such stocks to exceed or be lower than their intrinsic values.

personally, i'd rather invest in japan funds than thai funds right now, but what do i know!

Edited by stevehaigh

i just looked at your fund. did you know the fees on that are 1.89%! that's very high!

I agree!

Are you aware that index tracking funds have been shown in numerous studies to outperform regular equity funds....Yes that means stockpickers don't perform, they are just there to take your money. They are taking a considerable percentage of your post-inflation gains.

in other words....if the average return is 7.5%pa, (might be higher here actually), for each four average clients they will earn the same as one of those clients....BUT AT NO RISK LIKE THE CLIENTS HAVE!

I can only presume index funds exist in Thailand....can anyone tell us?

Typically they cost 0.25% pa.

Good Luck.

Edited by sleepyjohn