Does Anyone With The Ics (Preferably S2) Use The Locus App?

Shurup

As the title say, does anyone use Locus (Free or Pro) on their ICS Android phone?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=menion.android.locus&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwibWVuaW9uLmFuZHJvaWQubG9jdXMiXQ..

This app is very important to me, I want to update my S2 to a ICS, but I don't want to risk loosing the functionality. My bro got the Nexus and Locus won't run right on his phone (crashes when trying to download the maps). He got the latest ICS though 4.0.4 as his phone being Google phone, it's receiving its updates straight from Google. S2 only got 4.0.3 AFAIK, so it maybe the latest version of Android or the ICS+Nexus combo that doesn't run right with this app.

Are you able to download maps? If you haven't removed it, click on the icon in the top right corner, on the next screen click same looking icon but with the down arrow on it (3rd from the right, on top), and then pick whatever option you want, This Screen should work fine. My brother can't download the maps (steps above) but it runs on his Nexus otherwise.

Did you go through the steps I described? It will load and cache the online map, same way as the google maps does, when you drag the map on a screen, the new areas would download to display, but if you want to download a specific area (for offline use) with the zoom levels you want, you have to go through these steps.

I have recorded and shared with friends a lot of tracks for offroad dirtbiking, there is too many of them and it includes the tracks for my upcoming trip to Yukon Canada and Alaska US. Can't loose all that.

Sorry, I am unable to understand your directions as they didn't really seem to match the app. as I was using it, and I really do not want to take the time to learn this application for you.

Given the mission-critical nature of your requirement maybe it would be best to sit tight and try upgrading to Android 4.0.x after your trip to North America?

Sorry if I made it sound confusing, here are the screenshots of steps involved. I circled the buttons that need to be selected. Mine is a Pro version, might look a bit different from Free version.

post-111234-0-46829900-1339816149_thumb.post-111234-0-18125800-1339816216_thumb.post-111234-0-58846400-1339816263_thumb.post-111234-0-74217600-1339816324_thumb.post-111234-0-93564000-1339816357_thumb.

My trip is in Aug/Sept, I know I won't be able to sit tight that long.

"Process successful" it took a minute or so on WiFi.

I am currently downloading a detailed map of all of Thailand; 16,800 images!

Thanks a bunch lomatopo! That's where it crashed on my brother's Nexus.

This isn't the best app for navigation, but it's not what I use it for and when I drive, I only need to see a map and my location on it, don't need anyone or anything to tell when to make a turn. Its great for recording tracks so if you're into hiking biking or dirtbiking, it's great. There are lots of addons that increase it's functionality. If you're going to use it, I recommend installing at least Locus Map Tweak, which will add more map servers including Google. I found Google maps better than others, especially their terrain maps for any sort of outdoor activity. Oh, and a pro version allows download of up to 10,000 tiles per day.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App