Good Sukumvit Pub/Bar To Watch Euro Football?

Hi.. I'm a Brit arriving bkk Tues 19th june and wondered if anyone can recommend a good Brit pub/bar in the Sukumvit area where the Ukraine vs England match will be shown?

I know it starts at 1.45 am Thai time but i will not be ready to sleep as my internal clock will still be set to 5.45 am (UK time)..

Thanks in advance..

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry of I'm not meant to dredge this oldish thread up but...

Is there really somewhere in that area where one can watch football starting at 3am?

There's a game on tonight and I'm not sure if it's on my hotel television. There are so many channels and it's a nightmare looking through them all. Anyway, as I'm on holiday, I wouldn't mind going out and watching it in a bar.

It just seems that everything closes at 2am. Gulliver's certainly isn't open.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Is there really somewhere in that area where one can watch football starting at 3am?

When I lived there, in those situations I went to a nightclub. Climax showed some matches late, as did Shock 39.

Thank you. I'll find out where those places are. I'm guessing not walking distance from that end of Sukhumvit.

So now I realise what a novice I am. No idea how to get around Bangkok in the small hours of the evening. Back of a motorbike? Taxi? How to avoid getting ripped off? Can I just get in a taxi and usually expect then to go by the meter?

OK. Climax is close to me. So I won't bother with taxis etc. So the deal in Bangkok seems to be that bars close at 2 but clubs are allowed to stay open late? I hadn't realised that.

I'm guessing it's going to be expensive. Can anyone quickly tell me how much to get in and how much for a beer? Thanks.

When I lived there, in those situations I went to a nightclub. Climax showed some matches late, as did Shock 39.

Thank you. I'll find out where those places are. I'm guessing not walking distance from that end of Sukhumvit.

So now I realise what a novice I am. No idea how to get around Bangkok in the small hours of the evening. Back of a motorbike? Taxi? How to avoid getting ripped off? Can I just get in a taxi and usually expect then to go by the meter?

Club Climax is on Soi 11, north of Sukhumvit, on the right hand side. You will walk though a parking structure, then off to your right is the entrance to the club.

As for being a novice, you sure come across as one regarding transportation. I don't know your location, but probably the back of a motorcycle taxi would be the best way to get there if you are relatively far from Soi 11. I would say that if you are between Soi 4 and Soi 19, you could very easily walk there.