A Foreigner Robs Bank Of 2.5M Baht.

A foreigner, using a gun, yesterday stole 2.5 million Baht from a Siam Commercial Bank on the holiday island of Koh Tao.

On Friday morning, a French tourist used a gun to rob a Siam Commercial Bank on the holiday island of Koh Tao.

He arrived at the bank on a motorcycle at about 10:20am. Inside were Thai and foreign customers.

Using his gun to threaten the tellers, he demanded that they handed over all of their cash. He then attempted to flee but didn’t get far. Bank customers and local people were able to apprehend him and he was finally arrested by the police.

On searching his body, they found 2.5 million Baht in cash and also the gun which turned out to be fake.

The suspect gave a full confession to the police. He told them that he had been travelling in the area for many months and had run out of money. The Frenchman was then sent to appear in front of judges in the court on Koh Samui. It is not known how he expected to escape from the island.

Source: Thai Rath

: Thailand News

Edited by george
  • Like 1

French robber slow on the getaway

The Nation on Sunday

KOH TAO: -- A French tourist was arrested for stealing Bt2.5 million in cash from a Siam Commercial Bank on Koh Tao in Surat Thani on Friday morning, police said yesterday.

The 44-year-old suspect, Pierre Charassel, wore a wool hat to cover his face, and used a fake gun to force bank employees to give him money, before running to his motorbike to flee the scene. But he was stopped and apprehended while starting the engine by bank manager Tawan Srinak, staff and bystanders.

Charassel reportedly confessed to police that he had travelled in Thailand for several months and ran out of money, so he decided to rob the bank.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-17

footer_n.gif

L.B

The world cash crisis really is getting bad. i suspect more crime all round the world people acting out of depseration. either because they cannot exaept haveing to change there life stule due to lack of money.

or desparation to feed family,pay bills etc.

maybe this man thought that it would be easy due toless security in Banks ovr here but Thailand has other ways of ding things.

anyway another frog gets squashed.

The world cash crisis really is getting bad. i suspect more crime all round the world people acting out of depseration. either because they cannot exaept haveing to change there life stule due to lack of money.

or desparation to feed family,pay bills etc.

maybe this man thought that it would be easy due toless security in Banks ovr here but Thailand has other ways of ding things.

anyway another frog gets squashed.

There is no world cash crisis.

If he had had a brain he would be dangerous:

Conclusion in his case, no brain, not dangerous.

Maybe he should be signed up by aThai

TV company to do a "Benny Hill" style sketch,with

all fees going to either a charity,his legal fees,or anywhere else the fees could be put to good effect.....,I,m sure to invite many more suggestions.

Several posts deleted.

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

all fees going to either a charity,his legal fees,or anywhere else the fees could be put to good effect.....,I,m sure to invite many more suggestions.

i herd that i went to the wrong address. he was on his way to a fancy dress party but accidently wondered into a bank and thought that eveyone else were dressed as bankers.

i was going to go dressed as bat man but i was at the right party across the street i wondered why that french man did not show up.

has a nice time with his misses though biggrin.png

no brian makes him more dangerous. i suggest pumping him full of medicine