Speeding Up The Internet

backspace

Just had a phone lines installed in my upcountry village so I'm hooked up to the net at home now. The thing is that hi-speed internet won't be available until later in the year and the slow page loading times I'm experiencing are killing me! Any tips about my pc or downloads that may help that could save my sanity please?

There is a lot of software on the net which purports to speed up surfing but most of it is a waste of time. I only ever found one program that made any difference and that was CableNut (do a Google search).

On dial-up you must use a tabbed browser like Firefox, Opera or Maxthon. That way while you are reading one page you can have others loading in the background in separate tabs ready to read when you finish the first page.

Try using a proxy from your ISP, that can make a difference. Download a program called Ad-Muncher which can help for those sites that are slow to download because there are adverts being downloaded before the rest of the page loads. That can make a big difference on news sites in my experience.

You say you've just had a line put in so l'll assume you don't need to check the condition of the wiring but the shorter the distance between where the line enters the house and your computer the better.

Just had a phone lines installed in my upcountry village so I'm hooked up to the net at home now. The thing is that hi-speed internet won't be available until later in the year and the slow page loading times I'm experiencing are killing me! Any tips about my pc or downloads that may help that could save my sanity please?

hi'

so, firefow with the tab browsing extension and find and install firetune to tune up your firefox according to your line speed and pc speed, and one more to look for is easyMTU,

install and set the MTU at 576, ttl 64, no black hole discovering and you'll get better :o

francois