New Assistance Service From True Hi-speed Internet

Sulaphat

Does anyone know why one has to register with True helpdesk in order to be able to continue to use the high-speed internet service after January 10th? The registration also appears to require that you download some True supplied software to your computer. Does anyone know what is in this software?

Here is the text of the email I received:

Subject: New Assistance Service from True hi-speed Internet

Dear hi-speed Internet member, Making your life on-line faster and more convenient is our top priority. True would like to introduce you a new service “HELPDESK” that helps you combat all your login related frustrations and problems. The program will notify & guide you to fix login problems step-by-step. It’s very easy and convenient! You will be notified the cause of the problems whether it’s on “incorrect log-in name”, “wrong password” or “overdue payment.” Simply register on www.trueinternet.co.th/hispeedregister and follow instructions.

The new service will then be up-loaded to your desktop automatically. We advise you to complete registration by 10 January 2006 After which you will need to register before log-in to hi-speed Internet service. If you need any information or assistance, please call our True Call Center on 0-2900-9000 press 4

Sincerely yours,

True Internet

actually they dont really offer a HIGH SPEED - connection. since many days I dont have more than 10-12 KB up- or download speed..... thats just the regular ISDN rate....

I am already considering to change the provider......

and I dont know for what u would have to register ? the DSL is running under my landlords name..... so what will happen after the 10th of january ???

actually they dont really offer a HIGH SPEED - connection. since many days I dont have more than 10-12 KB up- or download speed..... thats just the regular ISDN rate....

I am already considering to change the provider......

and I dont know for what u would have to register ? the DSL is running under my landlords name..... so what will happen after the 10th of january ???

do not install software from true :D is dangerous for your privacy for sure :o

if ask you something responde what you want funny,and if true don't give service after 10 genuary go to an under provider and not pay 2000bath of fine

is most very bad provider(of what?high speed? :D:D:D )of thailand,if continue like this in 1 year no more custommer :D:D:D

It sounds like you only have to register if you want to use the new service. I doubt that many people will want True to automatically upload something on their computers. Instead of continuously offering new services, why not just improve existing services?

Also, what ever happened to request that everyone change from the old classic.asianet.co.th mail servers? I can still send and receive mail through the old server.

Also, what ever happened to request that everyone change from the old classic.asianet.co.th mail servers? I can still send and receive mail through the old server.

Did they request that?

(Must admit I don't use my asianet.co.th email address for anything, but I do check it occasionally, and don't remember being asked to change...)