Poll: Do You Fear Posting Because Many Posts Are Hostile?

PaullyW

Do you fear posting because many posts are hostile?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really.

I just ignore the particularly bitter rantings and advice....and if i cross the line I hope I am ignored as well.

I actually think it has been much better the last few months for some reason.

WOW! Really?! I guess, I never would have survived when it was worse.

Not really.

I just ignore the particularly bitter rantings and advice....and if i cross the line I hope I am ignored as well.

I regret Miss Mills she was funny and called a spade a spade

I understand how you feel, but thats the internet in general and it happens and you move on , you are just as guilty you know , in your frist post you basicly called everyone here rude and uneducated in not so many words , and if thats how you feel you should say so in my opinion , but you can't really do that and then complain when someone else does the same thing.

I would just take it for what it is , a bunch of people who are fairly well set in the opinions and voice them strongly on occation , I would say that serves everyone better then a lovefest of pandering and slightly dishonest coddling opinions or advice.

But it does stick with you more than perhaps it should , for example all I remember about your first post was that you called people uneducated and rude , I don't remember what the post was even about anymore.

Why fear. ? Nobody will give you a black eye smile.png .

Perhaps you fear going to bed thinking someone disagreed with you. I get disagreements all the time BUT, many agreements. Sooooooooo, dig in with your thoughts and posts. thumbsup.gif

Not really.

I didn't know Mrs Mills had gone?

Maybe she is back under a new name

I understand how you feel, but thats the internet in general and it happens and you move on , you are just as guilty you know , in your frist post you basicly called everyone here rude and uneducated in not so many words , and if thats how you feel you should say so in my opinion , but you can't really do that and then complain when someone else does the same thing.

I would just take it for what it is , a bunch of people who are fairly well set in the opinions and voice them strongly on occation , I would say that serves everyone better then a lovefest of pandering and slightly dishonest coddling opinions or advice.

But it does stick with you more than perhaps it should , for example all I remember about your first post was that you called people uneducated and rude , I don't remember what the post was even about anymore.

He did, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, l must rethink my previous post.laugh.png

Not really.

I saw her in the medical forum

but have not seen her here for months

Edited by aneliane

I would not use the word fear, maybe deterred,

In the past I had being ....... but it looks like TV has gotten much better in the past couple of years,in addition I am getting a better handle on the TV situation, and I know not to be baited , and to stay away from certain Threads.

So... no not fear, just caution.

• Like 1

Not really.

you "liked" my comment about having fear and auto censuring

but yours was saying the exact opposite "not really I ignore blah blah ..."

Did I miss something?blink.png

I know what you mean, but I didn't call EVERYONE here anything. And, you know that. I did make a statement suggesting that one might find a seemingly higher percentage of certain kinds of foreigners in Thailand which is something discussed and agreed with frequently by all kinds of people.

Anyway, the boards seem to breed negativity.

Not really.

I agree with you.

Not really.

Not at all.....

My comment stands for me. I'm sure I could add plenty more.

I liked your comment because I felt it was honest.

Edited by BookMan

What you said was ....... other boards have more educated people who are not rude ......... which is the same as saying people on this board are rude and uneducated ..... it had nothing to do with certian types of people in Thailand ..... I said "basicly" to avoid the argument about "everyone".

My main point remains the same if you don't want negetivity not calling people rude and uneducated would be a good place to start , but after doing so complaining about the fallout is probabbly not going to work out so well ......... as you will see on this thread eventually if not already.

• Like 1

If you don't post stupid suggestions or make inane comments then all should be well. I guess someone is smarting because their thread yesterday was shot down in flames?

Number has never meant smart

What???????

Now rip ..... With all the crazy topics and questions shouldn't some of them be given the facts of life they don't want to hear ? Would you really want only everyone dancing around the truth is some positive fashion when a little bit of tough love and telling people what the Real Deal is would be better for them ?

I try not to be overtly hostile but I'm gona call it like I see it and hope everyone else does the same , reguardless of if it makes the poster feel all warm and fuzzy

Edited by MrRealDeal

Now rip ..... With all the crazy topics and questions shouldn't some of them be given the facts of life they don't want to hear ? Would you really want only everyone dancing around the truth is some positive fashion when a little bit of tough love and telling people what the Real Deal is would be better for them ?

I try not to be overtly hostile but I'm gona call it like I see it and hope everyone else does the same , reguardless of if it makes the poster feel all warm and fuzzy

Would you really want only everyone dancing around the truth is some positive fashion

yes I would please thank you very much

when a little bit of tough love and telling people what the Real Deal is would be better for them ?

tough love here means aggressiveness so no thank you

Would you really want only everyone dancing around the truth is some positive fashion

yes I would please thank you very much

when a little bit of tough love and telling people what the Real Deal is would be better for them ?

tough love here means aggressiveness so no thank you

Gee thats a suprise coming from you !