Poll: Do You Fear Posting Because Many Posts Are Hostile?

PaullyW

Do you fear posting because many posts are hostile?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As long as you make reasonable, articulate and non-offensive posts, you really have nothing to fear.

If you make good posts and someone posts a silly response, they only make a fool of themselves.

Of course, certain posters consistently post such nonsense that I wish they were fearful about posting.

I'm in agreement. As an aside, as I was scrolling down the page and reached you're post I was convinced you were going to mention cricket smile.png

The ignore poster option is always there for you if you feel the need.

We have missed you on the cricket thread.

Are you scared of posting?

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as you make reasonable, articulate and non-offensive posts, you really have nothing to fear.

If you make good posts and someone posts a silly response, they only make a fool of themselves.

Of course, certain posters consistently post such nonsense that I wish they were fearful about posting.

I'm in agreement. As an aside, as I was scrolling down the page and reached you're post I was convinced you were going to mention cricket smile.png

But it does not stop the insults and you see them in quotes anyway

Don't worry, most of us have grown immune to your regular insults...

Not really.

I just ignore the particularly bitter rantings and advice....and if i cross the line I hope I am ignored as well.

I actually think it has been much better the last few months for some reason.

I regret Miss Mills she was funny and called a spade a spade

I didn't know Mrs Mills had gone?

Maybe she is back under a new name

I saw her in the medical forum

but have not seen her here for months

Psychiatric section?

Tell those bullys to grow a vagina ! As some old doll said ," why grow balls? They are weak and sensitive . Grow a vagina instead , those things can take a pounding ."

Men already have a vagina.

I'd better google that before i commit a retort . Pure peeing my pants .

Forget google OL. Go to Pattaya, you'll see men with 'girls bits' :)

But it does not stop the insults and you see them in quotes anyway

My goodness, you can be so rude on occasions, you spoil for a fight, seriously! I can guarantee that your caustic remarks will rear their ugly egg on so many occasions.

When I remarked that I loved my wife, I was met with "does she deflate" and "does she have a remote control".

No

Fear

Here.

(Perhaps grow a pair? coffee1.gif )

And women ?

We should grow "a pair" too ?

The pair that women grow is quite enough for me thank you. I just prefer that you grow them on the other side of you. It would give a boost to ballroom dancing for a start.

My goodness, you can be so rude on occasions, you spoil for a fight, seriously! I can guarantee that your caustic remarks will rear their ugly egg on so many occasions.

When I remarked that I loved my wife, I was met with "does she deflate" and "does she have a remote control".

Twisting reality again are we ?

The only thing you did was pointing out (for the 124th time) that i was a whinge and had a chip on my shoulder (as opposed to your perfect wife who must be doing the dishes now, while you chat away)

No

Fear

Here.

(Perhaps grow a pair? coffee1.gif )

And women ?

We should grow "a pair" too ?

The pair that women grow is quite enough for me thank you. I just prefer that you grow them on the other side of you. It would give a boost to ballroom dancing for a start.

Sure shall we also grow a second vagina and two other mouths (the type that does not speak of course) for your pleasure ?

Twisting reality again are we ?

The only thing you did was pointing out (for the 124th time) that i was a whinge and had a chip on my shoulder (as opposed to your perfect wife who must be doing the dishes now, while you chat away)

We leave those for those for Fifi in the morningbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Don't worry, most of us have grown immune to your regular insults...

I was referring to you actually

I recommend you follow the advice provided in my avatar...

crikey!

I'm French I don't understand cricket and find it tedious to watch on tv and worse in real

Edited by aneliane

Like wolves these guys. With so many represented here, you'd think most of the Westerners in Thailand would be big, hulking, confident, intelligent chaps. Alas, ...

I'm far slimmer than you imagine OP.

I suggest you go and build up your confidence in the subforums where the cut is a tad blunter and the replies more considerate.

Come back here when you are ready. General is not for everyone.....only the thick skinned survive for long here....or those who treat it with a proper degree of humour. biggrin.png

Like wolves these guys. With so many represented here, you'd think most of the Westerners in Thailand would be big, hulking, confident, intelligent chaps. Alas, ...

I suggest you go and build up your confidence in the subforums where the cut is a tad blunter and the replies more considerate.

Come back here when you are ready. General is not for everyone.....only the thick skinned survive for long here....or those who treat it with a proper degree of humour. biggrin.png

Quite a confession here.

So basically, if you are the sensitive type and need help with a general question in THL... tough luck if you ever go to TV !

The thing is, I thought the Pub was for that. I avoid real pubs for the same reason I would never post in the virtual one. I thought general is where all the considerate guys and gals would be hanging out.

I guess I'll start hanging out in the Thailand and Siam history photos forum and peruse the 34 topics there. I'm sure the people there are more compatible. Unless someone tracks me down in there. Perhaps I'll go in Anonymously.

• Like 1

Maybe they should have a creche sub forum for the newbies so they can learn their posting skills and grow a skin whilst being allowed to read the general forum allowing them to learn what their up against.

2 week trial maybe.

OP you came on here all guns blazing but got shot down in flames, get over your loss and move on lesson learnt and just join in and have fun without appearing over bearing

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by MB1

Maybe they should have a creche sub forum for the newbies so they can learn their posting skills and grow a skin whilst being allowed to read the general forum allowing them to learn what their up against.

2 week trial maybe.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

In fact posters should show a bit of leeway with newbies. That's why their status shows up that way. However newbies starting threads in General always are viewed with suspicion.

History tells its own story on this forum unfortunately for them. Better to join in a few discussions before starting threads i think. Certainly the approach I took.

• Like 1

The thing is, I thought the Pub was for that. I avoid real pubs for the same reason I would never post in the virtual one. I thought general is where all the considerate guys and gals would be hanging out.

I guess I'll start hanging out in the Thailand and Siam history photos forum and peruse the 34 topics there. I'm sure the people there are more compatible. Unless someone tracks me down in there. Perhaps I'll go in Anonymously.

I agree the pub should be for that

But in a way you can use the abusers to your advantage;

When you need information on something, and are fearing that your topic might go down the list, responding to provocations might help the topic to stay in the 1st page

I know it's kind of horrible but that's the way it is here

When you need information on something, and are fearing that your topic might go down the list, responding to provocations might help the topic to stay in the 1st page

Good point! It's a bit like Judo and using an opponents energies against her/him.

Why do you not use the Report Button. Thats what its there for! Mind you if I were to frequent a Swedish forum for example I would be damned careful that I fully understood the language and innuendos before taking any action.

I thought on your "Soya thread' you had some pretty positive and helpful replies, so quite honestly I dont know what the problems are all about.

I am not afraid to post, but often don't see the point. I often want to post something helpful to the community, but it seems most people only sit around on their PCs waiting to flame every poster (such as when I tried to simply warn everyone about my mugging on Sukhumvit in 2010). Ironically, I would guess most who "know it all" do not even live in Thailand.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Thaivisa Connect App

Why do you not use the Report Button. Thats what its there for! Mind you if I were to frequent a Swedish forum for example I would be damned careful that I fully understood the language and innuendos before taking any action.

I thought on your "Soya thread' you had some pretty positive and helpful replies, so quite honestly I dont know what the problems are all about.

My report button does not seem to work

And/or my abusers gets my report and post it online

And you of all people are always so helpful and friendly with me wink.png