Poll: Do You Fear Posting Because Many Posts Are Hostile?

PaullyW

Do you fear posting because many posts are hostile?  

141 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

aneliane ... please stop this ... you are embarrassing me.

Plus you are confusing your English expressions.

You don't 'jump' your wife ... you jump your car. Which is short for 'jump start'.

You know .. when you have run your battery to exhaustion.

The sexual innuendo that you refer to is probably 'jump your bones'

But please, I agree, lets stop this 'jumping' because I am not getting paid for my English lessons and it's not helping the OP any ... smile.png

please put me on your ignore list will you?

• Like 1

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't 'jump' your wife ... you jump your car. Which is short for 'jump start'.

But please, I agree, lets stop this 'jumping' because I am not getting paid for my English lessons and it's not helping the OP any ... smile.png

English colloquialisms differ also in Australian and American language. Requesting Durex and being given sticky tape here in Australia led to a draw full of cellotape.rolleyes.gif and as for "fanny packs" I wont even go there!coffee1.gif

Edited by edwinclapham
  • Like 1

Its quite disturbing to see there are 12 yes votes up there. So what can we do to reduce that number?

Suggestions please....?

Threaten and intimindate those posters until they change their vote ?whistling.gif

Offer then THB 500 ?

• Like 1

Its quite disturbing to see there are 12 yes votes up there. So what can we do to reduce that number?

Suggestions please....?

Threaten and intimindate those posters until they change their vote ?whistling.gif

Offer then THB 500 ?

Yeah it should be made a public vote....that would soon change their minds! laugh.png

English colloquialisms differ also in Australian and American language. Requesting Durex and being given sticky tape here in Australia led to a draw full of cellotape.rolleyes.gif

..and some awkward bedroom experiences I assume

Suggestions please....?

Offer then THB 500 ?

Soutpeel you've gone native

English colloquialisms differ also in Australian and American language. Requesting Durex and being given sticky tape here in Australia led to a draw full of cellotape.rolleyes.gif

..and some awkward bedroom experiences I assume

Brazilian is strictly essential Britblink.png

Edited by edwinclapham

Suggestions please....?

We could always stone them....a good stoning should harden em up.

you already do that on a daily basis

Suggestions please....?

Offer then THB 500 ?

Soutpeel you've gone native

Yes my dear.....I am currently purchasing an Isaan "child bride" and making plans to move to the wilds of isaan to build a farang mansion....The only problem with my cunning plan is that I am not currently retired and drawing a state pension...rolleyes.gif

i loled at this thread. got to be kidding dude . . i think you had stayed in thailand so long that you have adapted to their "afraid of losing face" mindset

on a serious side, some tvers seems to be pure arrogant know-it-all arsehol_e based on their replies, but believe me, them most of them are the funniest hippies in earth, like some who i met.

I'm picturing some of these guys as ex-military types who just like to hurt people for no reason at all.

You're right, we former SAS types have been taught to take no prisoners.

• Like 1

Suggestions please....?

create a self-help group.

Bit of a Catch 22 that....I mean they are all too shy to speak...let alone organise anything! biggrin.png

Edited by smokie36

Its all very "Crime and Punishment" in here today. I was thinking of how we could bring these sensitive souls out of their shells.

Now come on let's have some more positive suggestions? whistling.gif

That's all very uplifting of you smokie36.

Amazing what a holiday with the one you love lifts the spirits.

All your glasses are half full today.

Its all very "Crime and Punishment" in here today. I was thinking of how we could bring these sensitive souls out of their shells.

Allow them only to post on the "British pension increase" thread for the next two weeks....that will toughen them up or put them in a metal hospital...

I'm afraid to look in there myself. I spotted bendix on Wireless Rd the other day and he looks like he might be drawing a pension soon. No...that thread is bad for anyone's health!

No mate I think they are needing a wipe. tongue.png

Suggestions please....?

Now 14 20% - I think that is disturbing.

I am a relatively new poster - I do not fear but resist posting anything that might rouse the passions of the members that have had some rejection/divorce by either a BG or a Thai wife.

I suppose if it were a divorce or relationship site anywhere in the world you would get a similar number of negative or unhelpful responses. Maybe you should have a thread dedicated to no negatives :)

I spend a lot of my time passing by the usual rubbish - I really wonder why they bother... maybe a bitch thread would be more useful.

Good job on trying to manage this ADMINS

No mate I think they are needing a wipe. tongue.png

Well young smokie36 ... instead of just swinging there in your hammock ... you better jump to it quick smart and wipe those glasses ... we need clear focused insight here.

I hope that it has the same meaning in the motherland?

I gave the clear answer already David but no one listens.

Here it is again....give newbies the benefit of the doubt...unless they are starting silly threads in the General forum.

Be as pleasant to each other as if you were chatting over your morning coffee.

I think i started a thread about this somewhere or other once you know....!

• Like 1

Like wolves these guys. With so many represented here, you'd think most of the Westerners in Thailand would be big, hulking, confident, intelligent chaps. Alas, ...

I'm far slimmer than you imagine OP.

I suggest you go and build up your confidence in the subforums where the cut is a tad blunter and the replies more considerate.

Come back here when you are ready. General is not for everyone.....only the thick skinned survive for long here....or those who treat it with a proper degree of humour. biggrin.png

The thing is, I thought the Pub was for that. I avoid real pubs for the same reason I would never post in the virtual one. I thought general is where all the considerate guys and gals would be hanging out.

I guess I'll start hanging out in the Thailand and Siam history photos forum and peruse the 34 topics there. I'm sure the people there are more compatible. Unless someone tracks me down in there. Perhaps I'll go in Anonymously.

I agree the pub should be for that

But in a way you can use the abusers to your advantage;

When you need information on something, and are fearing that your topic might go down the list, responding to provocations might help the topic to stay in the 1st page

I know it's kind of horrible but that's the way it is here

I wonder who is responsible for that.

In fact, there is more people and more people on forums who goes straight with insult, just cause their point of view is different. And more, they don't developp them criticism.

I don't know if it's a Lack of education, a huge frustation from school or something happened when they were child. But there is no way to improve the communication with slang or agressivity. Anyway, don't need to answer those guys... Or street solving by showing disrespect

In fact, there is more people and more people on forums who goes straight with insult, just cause their point of view is different. And more, they don't developp them criticism.

I don't know if it's a Lack of education, a huge frustation from school or something happened when they were child. But there is no way to improve the communication with slang or agressivity. Anyway, don't need to answer those guys... Or street solving by showing disrespect

I never mind being insulted if it is done with good craft and some thought given to it. In fact in a way it is quite amusing and appreciated. Just not too often please! biggrin.png

Or maybe they are just responding to some of the crap written on TV, and without slang old chap a language would never develop....further I believe you are getting insults and sarcasm mixed up..There are a lot of sarcastic/dry sense of humour posters on TV

Great sarcasm, biting wit is a great British tradition al la Oscar Wilde and simlilar...in the modern day this tradition has been carried on by the likes of Jezze Clarkson....

Edited by Soutpeel

Or maybe they are just responding to some of the crap written on TV, and without slang old chap a language would never develop....further I believe you are getting insults and sarcasm mixed up..There are a lot of sarcastic/dry sense of humour posters on TV

Great sarcasm, biting wit is a great British tradition al la Oscar Wilde and simlilar...in the modern day this tradition has been carried on by the likes of Jezze Clarkson....

Agree!