Have You Been To Dreamworld In Bangkok ?

ThaiLife

I would like to take the family to Dreamworld in Bangkok , Ive done a quick search here and the information looks a bit dated ( 2009 ) , Ive looked at the Dreamworld web site , and it looks just right for the kids, but does not show the ticket pricing.

http://www.dreamworld.co.th

Any advice , suggestions or comments about visiting the place , most welcome wai.gif

Been a couple of times. Ok for younger kids IMO but there are some bigger kids rides. The prices on the website are valid as far as i remember. I always got the girlfriend to queue for tickets so not sure about dual pricing.

All said a good family day out thumbsup.gif

Just noticed you said prices not available, from memory its about 420 odd baht that will get you on all the rides.

Edited by Bangkokhatter

Have been there once with friends who enjoyed it, personally I didn't like it and wouldn't go again.

Like above could be enjoyable for the family if you don't except much.

Edited by arkom

Went about 4 years ago. Was a decent day out, but nothing special. Snowtown was an experience for the girls I was with, but for me it was a day of walking around in the heat with occasional respite.. Forgot the prices, but it was definitely double priced. I even had a separate ticket queue.

The cable car was fun, but they wouldn't let us off at the far end or some reason.

We went in March 200 Baht taxi ride from Mo Chit , when you leave go to the main road to get a taxi that will use the meter,

There was also a mini bus that went to Victory Monument , no idea on its cost,

Do not compare it to a big USA theme park and you will have fun, water and a can of Pepsi is only 20 baht , a food court meal is 50 baht , so Thai prices ,

the water rides will get you WET , be prepared ,

We got there about 10am and stayed past 4 , no rush , no real long lines but it was mid week,

The go karts in the back you need to pay extra and there is dual pricing but still pretty cheap,

Go, go early , pace yourself and enjoy the fun everyone is having , its NOT a tourist place , I dioubt 1% are falangs

BK

Edited by BKKdreaming

If you work here and have a work permit, bring it along as it will get you a discounted rate. It is a fairly decent place to spend a Saturday at. As someone had mentioned earlier, a large number of locals to foreigners.

Unfortuanately another place that employs dual pricing. However on showing my Thai driving license I got the same price as the Thai's I was with. Okay for a nice day out. BKKdreaming is right you will get wet on the water rides so best to visit Snow Town before going on these rides. Unless you want to freeze !!

BD

Although i do have a work permit i never used it to gain entry. The g/f queued for the tickets then we walked through the turnstiles with no problem. I went by car using the outer-ring road ( no,9 ) , getting off at the Rangsit turn, it's about 5 km's further on the left hand side.

Dream World Package
A special Dream World Package entitles you to:

• Entry to Dream World
  • Entry to Snow Town
  • Re-riging on all rides
  • Buffet Lunch
  • Round trip hotel transfer (from/to center of Bangkok only)
    All for only 1000 THB per person!!!

I do not like to go to places that employ a double pricing system.

In the US, particularly Michigan and Florida, there was dual pricing there too. So, I guess it doesn't bother me much here. But then again, I always get the Thai price here. The difference is here, it is Thai or Tourist pricing. There, it was resident or non-resident pricing.

• 9 months later...

Hi we went yesterday... 15Apr2013... and here are the ticker prices... hope it is useful for someone.

Adult with most rides... THB460. (exclude snow town, go-kart) include 4D adventure, Alien.

Adult without rides... THB150 (but user can buy tickets inside for each of the rides they want to go... THB40, THB70, THB100 depends on the rides or activity)

Child over 90cm to 140cm are same price as adult.

Chile under 90cm is free.

Animal Show is FREE to see.

Snow Town is THB150 extra separate.

Go-Kart.. is THB100 or 150 extra.. can't remember the exact price.

I think above prices are for Local residents... but am not sure.. if foreigners are the same. I had to show my thai driving license.

--

However, I saw this site. http://www.hotels2thailand.com/bangkok-day-trips/Bangkok-Dream-World.asp

There the prices are even cheaper.. THB381 only of what I have paid at the entrance... (THB460).

Entrance Fee with Rides+4D Adventure
Refundable
Price for child (90-140 cms.)
THB 339
Refundable
Price for adult
THB 381

I haven't bought the ticker here... but just for your info... I think you could try this.. and end up paying cheaper than you go buy directly. This is for foreigners and everyone.

Please share your experience with the above site. They have other price options with transportation, including snow town, etc.

But, in the site... it seems you can't buy a ticket excluding the rides... which is only THB150 at the entrance... so I think that's where they make up for the loss. :-)

So, you could get the ticket here with rides... and if you don't want rides... just go directly to dreamworld.

post-57107-0-98595200-1366003384_thumb.j

• Like 1

I live close by and have been there 3 times. It's not a huge park but they have added some new recent attractions. They have one below average suspended coaster. I say below average, because there were no significant drops in the whole thing so the speed was kind of low. I think their new ride is called the Hurricane or something like that. I didn't get to ride it, lines were too long. 400ish baht sounds about right. I don't get what everybody is griping about prices for, we're talking $12 for all you can ride at a fun little theme park.

I went about 5 years ago.. Don't know if it was just us, but we took a ride on the cable car and weren't allowed off at the far end.. Meant we had to walk there and back in the heat and seemed a bit odd.

Hi we went yesterday... 15Apr2013... and here are the ticker prices... hope it is useful for someone.

Adult with most rides... THB460. (exclude snow town, go-kart) include 4D adventure, Alien.

Adult without rides... THB150 (but user can buy tickets inside for each of the rides they want to go... THB40, THB70, THB100 depends on the rides or activity)

Child over 90cm to 140cm are same price as adult.

Chile under 90cm is free.

Animal Show is FREE to see.

Snow Town is THB150 extra separate.

Go-Kart.. is THB100 or 150 extra.. can't remember the exact price.

I think above prices are for Local residents... but am not sure.. if foreigners are the same. I had to show my thai driving license.

--

However, I saw this site. http://www.hotels2thailand.com/bangkok-day-trips/Bangkok-Dream-World.asp

There the prices are even cheaper.. THB381 only of what I have paid at the entrance... (THB460).

Entrance Fee with Rides+4D Adventure
Refundable
Price for child (90-140 cms.)
THB 339
Refundable
Price for adult
THB 381

I haven't bought the ticker here... but just for your info... I think you could try this.. and end up paying cheaper than you go buy directly. This is for foreigners and everyone.

Please share your experience with the above site. They have other price options with transportation, including snow town, etc.

But, in the site... it seems you can't buy a ticket excluding the rides... which is only THB150 at the entrance... so I think that's where they make up for the loss. :-)

So, you could get the ticket here with rides... and if you don't want rides... just go directly to dreamworld.

Thanks for the link, it would save at least some hassle at the entrance, but it isn't really cheaper.

Once you enter the booking service charge and vat is added and the ticket for adult with most rides goes from 382 to 449 Baht.