Sex Clip 'Blackmail' Arrest: Bangkok

webfact

Sex clip 'blackmail' arrest

The Nation

30184409-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- An assistant manager of a supermarket in Bangkok was arrested yesterday for publishing a video clip of sex with a 17-year-old Thai student in Norway, whom he befriended via Camfrog and had intimate relationship with when she visited Thailand.

Police arrested Patipat Mongkolkanchanasiri, 23, for publishing the sex clip via the Internet. They allege he did this to try to extort Bt100,000 from the victim. He was also charged with libel, committing a lewd act with a minor under 18, extortion and assault.

Patipat allegedly lured the girl to visit him in Thailand and took her to his home in Kanchanaburi where they had sex and he secretly recorded the clip. After the teen returned to Norway, he allegedly demanded money from her on various occasions, and received Bt100,000, which went toward football gambling debts. When the teen couldn't pay any more, he allegedly released the clip and wrote insulting messages about her on the website, so she alerted police.

But the suspect said he didn't extort any money. He claimed the girl sent him cash because she felt pity that he owed Bt25,000 for football bets. He said he posted the clip because he was angry that she saw another guy and wanted to scare her to come back to him.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-19

Better to stick to blowing whistles in parking lots.

What is the age of consent in Thailand and why is this not statutory rape?

Age of consent in Norway is 16, Thailand 15.

But in Thailand it has to be with the parents permission.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

I hope they throw the book at him but this is Thailand after all nothing really happens over here ..

They won't be liking this international dimension.......and the sex clip part is serious stuff. I think he's going down for a long time.

Good.

• Like 1

This guy is vermin. Can you imagine, had he not been caught, how many additional young girls he might have tried this with? Hopefully the Thai police will prosecute this case seriously and this guy won't be seeing Katchanaburi anytime soon.

It's not well defined. Many online sources will say 15, but there canaparently still be a complaint filed if under 18. I think that is what the "committing a lewd act with a minor under 18" is about.

Agreed, scumbag.

In addition, I believe a minor can withdraw her consent afterwards.

It would be interesting to know how the girl was allowed to travel in Thailand on her own.

Surely this isn't normal for a 17 yo girl?

If I recall over 16 years old permission to travel is not checked, at least not by the airlines.

"Hi, I'm here seeking permission to have sex with your 15 year old daughter. How does 2,000 baht sound?"

Fair dinkum, what a joke. I wonder if she gets a say.

It wouldn't be rape as she was consenting, and also a Thai citizen and 17 years old. Hence the charge of lewd act with a minor. In full agreement with others, an utter scumbag.

"Hi, I'm here seeking permission to have sex with your 15 year old daughter. How does 2,000 baht sound?"

I have always said OK. Mind you most of them were not aware that my daughter is Katoey..

But the suspect said he didn't extort any money. He claimed the girl sent him cash because she felt pity that he owed Bt25,000 for football bets. He said he posted the clip because he was angry that she saw another guy and wanted to scare her to come back to him.

"Yeah, it's all lies, I say. Lies. Trust me, because I'm a male from the Kingdom of Thailand, so by definition I'm the most honest person on earth." What a <Snip!> coward.

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity edited.

Just for information, if a monetary or non monetary inducement is offered,to a 15 year old girl or the parents, then the parents, by law are not able to give consent. So sex in that case would be illegal.

Need parents' permission for sex? I am sure many parents would give their consent for their teenage kids to go forth and bonk the night away, after their homework of course. laugh.png

There was an instance a few years back when a Thai guy married 2 x 15 year old twin sisters with the consent of the family, they were cute too, I think he was about 18 from memory.

I believe 18 in Thailand is the actual age of consent, the parents permission for ages under that is really restricted (or supposed to be) for marriage. You can get into serious trouble if you take a girl out of the bar and she is under 18 apart from the fact that alcohol is being served there and they shouldn't be there in the first place. That never comes into it, you are gone period

• Like 1