Deputy Pm Demands Urgent Action On Pattaya Jet Ski Scams And Bar Opening Hours

Rimmer

Deputy PM demands urgent action on Pattaya Jet Ski Scams and Bar opening hours

19_06_55_1_6.jpg

PATTAYA:--The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior, Police Captain Chalerm, held a meeting of Police Officers from around the region at Nong Nooch Gardens in Jomtien on Monday.

He was in Pattaya to attend the first day of Cabinet Meeting at the Royal Cliff Beach Resort and attended the meeting to demand action from the officers on a number of hot issues, especially those relating to Pattaya’s Tourism and Entertainment Industries. He began by demanding action on the well-documented Jet Ski Scams which have plagued Pattaya for many years.

He wants urgent action and a report on how Police will plan to tackle this problem. He also demanded action on late-opening Bars and stated that all bars in entertainment zones which permit late closing must be shut before 2.30am from now on.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/57415/deputy-pm-demands-urgent-action-pattaya-jet-ski-scams-bar-opening-hours/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-06-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Like 1

Actually!!!..........there was a nightclub called Spicy in CM that was rumoured to be police owned. It was a real rough and tumble place, the last haunt for the bar girls trying to get a lift for the night, and open till 6.00am. Fights were common and the place was often packed out. It was closed down by the Military Police, they came in right over the shoulders of the local police and put an end to it.

The original Spicey is still closed down, a new one opened round the corner but it's far more strictly operated.

Maybe that's what's required in Pattaya, Military police involvement. If they put their mind to it they could solve this problem in a few short days.

Actually!!!..........there was a nightclub called Spicy in CM that was rumoured to be police owned. It was a real rough and tumble place, the last haunt for the bar girls trying to get a lift for the night, and open till 6.00am. Fights were common and the place was often packed out. It was closed down by the Military Police, they came in right over the shoulders of the local police and put an end to it.

The original Spicey is still closed down, a new one opened round the corner but it's far more strictly operated.

Maybe that's what's required in Pattaya, Military police involvement. If they put their mind to it they could solve this problem in a few short days.

The Navy controls Pattaya from Sattahip. The Army would have to get permission from the Navy and I doubt that would happen. I really liked the old Spicey BTW. And another couple of places that will remain nameless.

• Like 1

The Navy controls Pattaya from Sattahip. The Army would have to get permission from the Navy and I doubt that would happen. I really liked the old Spicey BTW. And another couple of places that will remain nameless.

I liked it too, it was wild west stuff. On the other point though the naval police could do the same job, as PaulJones pointed out, when it gets to the point where the US ambassador is spitting blood the Thais will listen......may I say

AT LAST!!!

But then again, being Thailand, who knows what's going to happen. ermm.gif

Rouge cops are a big problem in Pattaya.

Indeed.

I never could abide policemen wearing make-up.

Snip from Monty Python.

A guy enters a police station just as the head honcho is leaving. He smiles at the top cop and says "Good morning, Super."

The top cop replies with a lisp "Good morning, Wonderful."

• Like 1

Just more words from a Thai politician hoping tomorrow everybody has forgotten what he said today.

The only way to deal with this is action, not words, when will the people of Thailand actually elect a politician with balls who will grab the bull by the horns rather than stand on a soap box in the next field shouting obscenity's at the bull?

Do not think the chief of police will be loosing any sleep over what was said...

Edited by Basil B

Pattaya red light district is about only thing keeping the city going in low seasons.

Just the other day PM was bragging about tourist numbers going up.

Closing bars early surely will not help to bring back tourists in the low seasons.

After 10 years, I still do not understand the fascination with bars closing at certain time 2 or 2:30 am especially in tourist zones.

Funnily Chalerm was quiet as a mouse last week when news broke of the cheating ring in the national police entrance exam, this week he's out in full force threatening to clean up the jet skis. What planet has this guy been on in the last few years. Late closing times and jet ski scams have their root cause in the police corruption that starts from the day you take the test to be admitted to the force.

You hit the nail right on the head. In order to distract attention from his own scandal, he starts this diversionary crusade.

The jet skis, the jet skis. Wouldn't have done bupkis if his own hide wasn't on the line.

• Like 1

I do agree on the jet ski scam to be sorted out but for the people who run bars in Pattaya they are only trying to make a living in these already tough times and i don't think they should be in the same category .. Also you need to think about tourism demand without bars being open for tourism they will just leave LOS to somewhere else who can cater for them this is just my honest opinion..

Just more words from a Thai politician hoping tomorrow everybody has forgotten what he said today.

The only way to deal with this is action, not words, when will the people of Thailand actually elect a politician with balls who will grab the bull by the horns rather than stand on a soap box in the next field shouting obscenity's at the bull?

Do not think the chief of police will be loosing any sleep over what was said...

They do, but then there is a coup. Every time.

I suppose the previous 18 PMs ejected by the Army were just like Thaksin.

This desperate group of army and high level backers are facing extinction.

Pattaya red light district is about only thing keeping the city going in low seasons.

Just the other day PM was bragging about tourist numbers going up.

Closing bars early surely will not help to bring back tourists in the low seasons.

After 10 years, I still do not understand the fascination with bars closing at certain time 2 or 2:30 am especially in tourist zones.

Gives cops/jobs/committees/people associated with the law something to do. That's what 90% of law enforcement and laws are all about.

thumbsup.gif I have been coming to Thailand for many years, and I can remember back around 1978 or so...when all the bars in Bangkok had to close before 2 a.m. Many bars in the tourist areas actully shut at 1 a.m. to let the girls have time to leave...then Patpong was a hot area for tourists and "hostess" bars, and much of Patpong then closed between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m.

There were certain hotels that were allowed to keep "nightclubs" open in them for "tourists".

After about 1 a.m. or so in theory they were closed....but a guest in that hotel were allowed to visit these nightclubs.

There was supposedly a curfew on the streets also and some Thai bargirls were actually arrested by the police for breaking curfew.

What happened in practice was that the bargirls usually came to those tourist hotels just after they left their bars and spent the night at these tourist "nightclubs".

A bargirl offering a discount for a male guest staying in that hotel with an available bed after 2 a.m. was something not unknown to occur...and sometimes she also had a "girl friend needing a place to sleep for the night".

Of course, I was 30 + years younger then.

Did I take advantage of that?

Of course I did.

biggrin.png

Edited by IMA_FARANG

bars should be able to set their own hours most people head to the big discos after hours anyway ...the jet skis ...years back i had a group of kids on hols we had a great time on them last year i again had kids here i avoided the jet skis like the plague fxxx them not putting up with that rubbish how people still hire them is beyond me no customers equal out of business .they r ruthless thailand doesnt need this its causing damage ..something has to be done

And meantime the grand palace is closed lets go to a jewelry store scam has been going on before jet skis were even invented....Must be very hard for the Bkk police to figure out that there is a scam going on at the Grand Palace.....it has only been going on for 40 years or so EVERY DAY.....

Edited by pomchop