Deputy Pm Demands Urgent Action On Pattaya Jet Ski Scams And Bar Opening Hours

Rimmer

My point was the when I first started traveling to Thailand many years ago, it was unusual to find an overweight Thai girl working in the bars. Along with the attitude and prices of what was on offer. Today it is a much different story with the weight of the girls going up as their attitude declines. Fewer choices for the discerning punter than in the past.

I have been coming to Thailand since 1971 - and even at 57-60KGS I always outweighed the ladies, what bars have you been going to??? Guys......please introduce this man to Pattaya please, please he is disillusioned or a ph34r.png troll...............

Better question would be, when was the last time you were Pattaya because things have changed.

Well, we could just whip out our c@$ks a see who has the biggest, but at 60 kg, I doubt you measure up.

So on visiting an area he has taken advice on what to say on local issues - this is the result.

....and the result of these soundbites? - going by previous form, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Really statements like "bar closing times" simply illustrate how obtuse some people can be - the fact that they don't seem to realise that every VIP, new police chief and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all have already made these statements just goes to show how ill-informed they really are.

PS - Did he mention cleaning up prostitution too? - they usually do.

Edited by cowslip

Rouge cops are a big problem in Pattaya.

Indeed.

I never could abide policemen wearing make-up.

Snip from Monty Python.

A guy enters a police station just as the head honcho is leaving. He smiles at the top cop and says "Good morning, Super."

The top cop replies with a lisp "Good morning, Wonderful."

makes me think of the one where the officer ( Cleese) is reprimanding the constable for arresting a guy because he was acting suspiciously with short fuzzy hair and big lips....smile.png

Why would anyone bar fine a "overweight Thai bar girl with a bad attitude", unless he enjoyed that type of lady.

I have noticed that many recently-arrived tourists are seemingly so totally desperate that they will take anything that appears to be more or less female. And some don't even have that requirement.

• Like 1

Why would anyone bar fine a "overweight Thai bar girl with a bad attitude", unless he enjoyed that type of lady.

I have noticed that many recently-arrived tourists are seemingly so totally desperate that they will take anything that appears to be more or less female. And some don't even have that requirement.

I know the Russians are loud and obnoxious and drink cheap beer at 7/11 but their women are beautiful and dress in hardly nothing at all. Get out of the bars and go to Central for a while and wait for the Russian guys to pass out.

• Like 1

Actually!!!..........there was a nightclub called Spicy in CM that was rumoured to be police owned. It was a real rough and tumble place, the last haunt for the bar girls trying to get a lift for the night, and open till 6.00am. Fights were common and the place was often packed out. It was closed down by the Military Police, they came in right over the shoulders of the local police and put an end to it.

The original Spicey is still closed down, a new one opened round the corner but it's far more strictly operated.

Maybe that's what's required in Pattaya, Military police involvement. If they put their mind to it they could solve this problem in a few short days.

Why do you see bars opening late as a problem?

Has no one thought of the tourists? Friends of mine have stopped coming to Thailand in favour of Cambodia and Vietnam. They got tired of being kicked out at only 2 in the morning and having to drink alcohol from tea cups.

The whole reason for Pattaya's existence is tourism (sex). I haven't been down for a while though so it may have changed.

It is rather odd, init? Thailand does all it can do to attract tourists and tourism represents a significant part of their economy, but once the tourists arrive it appears they do everything in their power to prevent the tourists from returning with all the scams taking place. It is as if the Thais believe there is a never ending supply of farangs willing to come to Thailand for holiday. In this day and age, it doesn't take but one bad experience for a tourist to decide to travel elsewhere to spend their hard-earned. Someplace without laws or jet ski scum that impinge on their their holiday.

Many of the victims of the jet ski scum these days are non-westerners. It won't take long before the current crop of tourists pass the word in their home countries about the nonsense that takes place in Thailand and go elsewhere for holiday.

The only card Pattaya has to play for repeat tourists is the sex industry, which ain't as cheap as it used to be and the experience has gone down the toilet also. Who wants to pay western prices for an overweight Thai bar girl with a bad attitude? No need to travel 12 time zones to get the same experience that I can get at home.

My point was the when I first started traveling to Thailand many years ago, it was unusual to find an overweight Thai girl working in the bars. Along with the attitude and prices of what was on offer. Today it is a much different story with the weight of the girls going up as their attitude declines. Fewer choices for the discerning punter than in the past.

That only reflects the increasing weight of many, if not a majority of Thai women. The change certainly started after western fast food chains became popular, though I can't say if it was them that caused the actual overweight epidemic, or just general changes in diet.

Personally, I don't think bargirls attitudes have changed much in at least the past 15 years.

Pattaya red light district is about only thing keeping the city going in low seasons.

Just the other day PM was bragging about tourist numbers going up.

Closing bars early surely will not help to bring back tourists in the low seasons.

After 10 years, I still do not understand the fascination with bars closing at certain time 2 or 2:30 am especially in tourist zones.

ive visited Pattaya every year in the last 8 years both hi and low season, surely most of the money 'spent' by tourists is already

spent by 2 am ? even if they were open bars on soi 7 8, beach and 2nd road etc would hardly be 'steaming' likewise restaurants

of course theres the discos but they are not to everyone's taste?

Has no one thought of the tourists? Friends of mine have stopped coming to Thailand in favour of Cambodia and Vietnam. They got tired of being kicked out at only 2 in the morning and having to drink alcohol from tea cups.

The whole reason for Pattaya's existence is tourism (sex). I haven't been down for a while though so it may have changed.

Vietnam is just the bestrolleyes.gif , a friend of mine was kidnapped and extorted for 1 week and then set up to have an accident in which he was suppose to die(but luckly managed to jump off the bike in time to save his life)

Interesting how different FRIENDS have different experienceswhistling.gif

As for commenting on places where you have not been FOR A WHILE,,perhaps its wiser not to comment

hey i wonder if we have the same buddy, whilst over there he was scammed playing cards/buying gold? he got away on his bike in the end but

it looked as though he was being set up for the chop, it cost him $2000 in the end but could have been 000's more

wap

Vietnam is just the bestrolleyes.gif , a friend of mine was kidnapped and extorted for 1 week and then set up to have an accident in which he was suppose to die(but luckly managed to jump off the bike in time to save his life)

Interesting how different FRIENDS have different experienceswhistling.gif

As for commenting on places where you have not been FOR A WHILE,,perhaps its wiser not to comment

hey i wonder if we have the same buddy, whilst over there he was scammed playing cards/buying gold? he got away on his bike in the end but

it looked as though he was being set up for the chop, it cost him $2000 in the end but could have been 000's more

wap

I do not think its same person, though the scam sounds about similar.

The buddy i know, was actually kidnapped at gun point and made to withdraw cash from his credit card, then when max was reached, they made him purchase things, all at gun point.

According to his story of events they were driving him, he was the passenger on the back of the bike when he noticed another bike following them, and sped up to hit the bike he was on, he jumped off, but the second bike hit exactly where he was sitting, so it appears the plan was either to kill him and make it out to be an accident or put him in the hospital (in bad shape) giving them enough time to do whatever

How can a gang of rouge cops & jet ski punks replace that sort of daily income?

That money goes somewhere and gets spent. They need it.

And why start now, in the middle of the slow season? It would be easy right now when they're not busy to put on a good show and pretend it's fixed.

Edited by tropo