Water Pump Repair In Pattaya, Where?

guzzi850m2

My water pump for the house is giving us problems, its losing suction (sometimes) despite the 2000 l tank is full and keeps on running and gets really hot. Then I leave it to cool down for an hour and it might be working fine for 24-48 hours and then it looses it again.

The pump is a Hitachi WT-P 255v type pump and it is app. 5 years old. The pump was bought new then and moved with us when we bought a bigger house.

You can buy this pump type many places in Patts; like HomePro and similar places but they only sell the pumps and are not really interested in repairs unless it under warranty.

Anybody here knows a place where they can either repair the pump or buy our old pump and swap for a new. I know the Thais are quite good at keeping things running even when they are old.

Edited by guzzi850m2

ok , as nobody else has stepped up.......

go down pattaya Nua

head towards sukhumvit road , go past tesco, past the bus station,

on the left side of the corner of the little soi where you can turn to go to bangkok pattaya hospital

they sell and fix water pumps

go down pattaya Nua

on the left side of the corner of the little soi where you can turn to go to bangkok pattaya hospital

The one with all the "Bosch" signs outside yes?

go down pattaya Nua

could be Lenny

not 100% sure

i remember there are two hardware type shops on the opposite corners

the one on the right hand corner seemed to be a plumbers merchants

Ask any of the Homepros or Numchais etc that sell Hitachi pumps. Tell them you bought it there and need the number of the Hitachi service center and they willingly provide it. I haven't kept the number, sorry.

The guys come fairly quickly. They taught me how to prime up the old pump next time I had a problem....had to open a valve and poured in water and all was well again.

I did have the same problem with my pump............didn't stop running, got really hot and the tank was full.

After bringing the pump several times to a shop in Jomtien, we found out (with someone from the shop) that the water-inlet (in the tank) was blocked by sand and soil that got into the tank through a small hole in the tank.

After cleaning the tank, or at least the water-inlet, the problem was solved.

go down pattaya Nua

could be Lenny

not 100% sure

i remember there are two hardware type shops on the opposite corners

the one on the right hand corner seemed to be a plumbers merchants

The two shops are owned by the same people. I have had nasty experiences with both shops, one involving a brand new water pump.

I now get all maintenance and repair work done by the guy who provides such a service to the Pig & Whisle on Soi 7. His name is Joe and his mobile number is 0819822036. He and his lads can fix anything and have never had cause to complain. He recently overhauled my aircon and charged 600 baht including for the new parts.

I take all my Bosch tools up to BKK and let Bosch overhaul them, a service that they have hitherto provided for free.

Edited by Bagwan

The two shops are owned by the same people. I have had nasty experiences with both shops, one involving a brand new water pump.

I now get all maintenance and repair work done by the guy who provides such a service to the Pig & Whisle on Soi 7. His name is Joe and his mobile number is 0819822036. He and his lads can fix anything and have never had cause to complain. He recently overhauled my aircon and charged 600 baht including for the new parts.

I take all my Bosch tools up to BKK and let Bosch overhaul them, a service that they have hitherto provided for free.

I went there today and they gave me a phone No which was not in use?? Not very polite, will never go there again.

Found a small shop in Naklua and as always in Naklua the Thai/Chinese shop owners polite and helpful, got another phone no and the pump man will come tomorrow morning.

If he is no good I will try your guy, thanks.

I went there today and they gave me a phone No which was not in use?? Not very polite, will never go there again.

Found a small shop in Naklua and as always in Naklua the Thai/Chinese shop owners polite and helpful, got another phone no and the pump man will come tomorrow morning.

If he is no good I will try your guy, thanks.

sorry about that guys

i had no such problems

in fact the fixed my K'archer sprayer for free....

After I been speaking to a couple of "pump men", we decided to get a new pump for two good reasons: The 255W pump is slightly too small for our house so its struggling sometimes. An overhaul of the 255W pump will cost something like 2500 bath (new impeller - O-rings- new bottom part & non return valve) and its rusty too.

We bought a 300W Hitachi pump for 6900 bath with 5 year warranty on the motor from a pump/tank shop on Sukhumvit near the Honda car dealership.