Sand Measure

dzocor55

most builders merchants sell sand by the scope supposed to be 1 cubic metre you are very very lucky if you get a full metre i bought sand to build a house ordered 5 cube when it arrived i said no way got tape roughly measered it maybe 3 cube went to merchant to complain he told me not to come back buy from another merchant in future . be careful .

most builders merchants sell sand by the scope supposed to be 1 cubic metre you are very very lucky if you get a full metre i bought sand to build a house ordered 5 cube when it arrived i said no way got tape roughly measered it maybe 3 cube went to merchant to complain he told me not to come back buy from another merchant in future . be careful .

• Like 1

If your talking about the rubber made scoop they use the only way to fine out for sure the Kg weight of an average scoop is to put it in a bag and weigh it.

Common knowledge is fine, medium, or coarse dry sand can weigh anywhere between 1,440 and 1,600 kilos per m3.

1 cubic foot (0.03 m3) weighs aprox 40 kilos.

Edited by Kwasaki

Assuming you need sand for a construction project and you are using a local masonry guy, just ask him how many "scoops" you need. Or, if you have a big project, just order a truck load - and if you start running out order more. You can't measure sand with a tape measure and you will be lucky to find a place that sells by weight, so just go with whatever feels good. (sand will probably be the least of your costs anyway)

Assuming you need sand for a construction project and you are using a local masonry guy, just ask him how many "scoops" you need. Or, if you have a big project, just order a truck load - and if you start running out order more. You can't measure sand with a tape measure and you will be lucky to find a place that sells by weight, so just go with whatever feels good. (sand will probably be the least of your costs anyway)

Yes stevie !! so what does he want to know about it for.???

If your talking about the rubber made scoop they use the only way to fine out for sure the Kg weight of an average scoop is to put it in a bag and weigh it.

Common knowledge is fine, medium, or coarse dry sand can weigh anywhere between 1,440 and 1,600 kilos per m3.

1 cubic foot (0.03 m3) weighs aprox 40 kilos.

That's a good answer Kwasaki as Thai's normally count in Inches and Foot. Go to a hardware shop and ask for the price of so many meters of a certain item and they will take a tape measure to translate it into inches or feet.