Contact Lenses: Good Price On Focus Dailies, Anyone?

Greenside

About this time for the last few years I have found a good deal (Optic Square, Kad Suan Kaew) on CibaVision Focus Dailies by buying a year's supply in one hit. In 2009 they worked out at 400 baht per box of 30, in 2010 and 2011 they were 425 baht after a buy 4 GOF promotion, but the best I can find now is 470 a box so I just thought it might be worth asking if anyone has come across a better price on this particular brand.

I think the base cost for retails shops in Thailand for this brand at the moment is 420 baht.

The thing is that Thai people don't usually give much of discount for whole sale amounts.

Try telling the shop you want to buy the 24 boxes at cost + 700 baht extra (comes out to 450/box) but this will float over most Thai heads.

What would they rather have.... you buy one box at 470 baht making them 50 baht profit or 24 boxes making them 700 baht profit. Maybe you have to explain it to them like this.

This assuming they have unlimited supply but maybe this is only the case for the newer Focus Daily Aquas. Contacts companies like to make a new fancy name and raise price + new promotions + stop making the older ones, all without making substantial changes to the actual contact lense.