3 British Nationals Arrested In Transnational Call Centre Scam: Bangkok

webfact

When will they learn................

You know Astral, unfortunately they never will.

I've seen this type all my life, I've seen them selling drugs in nightclubs, I've seen them perpetrate mortgage frauds, I've seen them using high pressure selling techniques to sell timeshare, I've seen them camping out in people's homes' trying to sell them disability aids, I've seen them loan sharking......blah blah.

I've see them do everything but try to make an honest living.

To all we members here that did ( do ) exactly that, these people look at us with contempt. They stand in the bars bragging about their latest scam, their latest victim.

These people are not in our class, I cannot stand them.

Well maybe it is time for us decent's farangs to do something about it!!

Decent farangs....didnt you just say your a scouser ?....whistling.gif ...of course nicking wheels off cars is something decent farangs do ?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scam? I read nothing about a scam here.

You should try actually reading the article. "One fourth of the money was disbursed to persons opening the accounts, another 25 per cent for call centre staff, and the rest for the head of the gang who lives in Malaysia."

Suspects are suspects, thus innocent until proven guilty and should NEVER, should I repeat? NEVER ever be named. Basic rules of civilisation: respect human rights. Period.

Name one civilized country that doesn't name suspects.

This is discusting..The majority of us are looking to lead productive lives here in Thailand..What make this worse is i am British (Liverpool) With 3 Royal Thai Policemen Brothers in law..

These people riping of Europeans and hiding in Asia..I can say this "If it had of been me or my loved ones scammed i would of personally tracked these people down"..

They had overstayed there visa's KICK em out i say..With no option to return..We do not want them and i am pretty sure the Thai nationals do not want them..

Three BiB in laws.... can't wait to see your posts after living in Los for five years. Sounds almost like you are looking forward to it. You'll be able to write a book on Thai marriage scams.

Good bloody luck...

• Like 1

3 scumbags locked...46165 to go

Thailand was and is a paradise for human garbage like them....and there are a lot more callcenters here.

Anyway, somebody an idea what this CLBS is? Always getting comercial adds on inet pages for them... JOB IN THAILAND - young ladies only, callcenter... just curious, but always I hack job in thailand in the net this page show up first ... http://www.clbs.co.th/jobs/customer-care-agent-german.php?t=1&s=1〈=1&loc=4∫=2&gclid=CMy9h7vm3LACFUUb6wodYRq_2A

When will they learn................

You know Astral, unfortunately they never will.

I've seen this type all my life, I've seen them selling drugs in nightclubs, I've seen them perpetrate mortgage frauds, I've seen them using high pressure selling techniques to sell timeshare, I've seen them camping out in people's homes' trying to sell them disability aids, I've seen them loan sharking......blah blah.

I've see them do everything but try to make an honest living.

To all we members here that did ( do ) exactly that, these people look at us with contempt. They stand in the bars bragging about their latest scam, their latest victim.

These people are not in our class, I cannot stand them.

Well maybe it is time for us decent's farangs to do something about it!!

LOL join the Pattaya Tourist Wannabe Police. Then invite all your mates for dinner... will be a cheap night.

Suspects are suspects, thus innocent until proven guilty and should NEVER, should I repeat? NEVER ever be named. Basic rules of civilisation: respect human rights. Period.

Suspects like this and in many other cases should be named so other peoples that have been duped can come forward.

LOL

You mean you really believe those suspects used their own, full names when contacting their targets?!

Wake up!

Name one civilized country that doesn't name suspects.

One? The Netherlands. Need more?

Talking with some people that have been involved in these types of operations and watching interviews with ex-scammers. The number one thing they all say is . . . OLD PEOPLE or ELDERLY RARELY FALL FOR THIS SCAM! Old people are far too cautious, ask too many questions, and are generally distrusting of anything by the phone because of all the media attention this has gotten over the years. The younger generation, 25-40 fall victim to it all the time. They all want that easy money and big returns. Not to condone any of it, but the reality is people like that easy money and will risk it all to get it. Look at all the people that lost money in the real estate collapse. . A lot of them were people that had no business in the real estate business but thought it was easy money to buy and flip houses. Oh did that Gold hand of the market slap them straight. .

TV posters always complain about the elderly getting taken and pensioners falling victim but the reality is you are WRONG!

Edited by MikeThaison

3 scumbags locked...46165 to go

Thailand was and is a paradise for human garbage like them....and there are a lot more callcenters here.

Anyway, somebody an idea what this CLBS is? Always getting comercial adds on inet pages for them... JOB IN THAILAND - young ladies only, callcenter... just curious, but always I hack job in thailand in the net this page show up first ... http://www.clbs.co.t...CFUUb6wodYRq_2A

there's no such thing like "young ladies" mentioned in the ad!

Not many civilized places in the world then. With the exception of under-aged children, people are put on trial and their names published and broadcast far and wide before any judge or jury has proven them to be guilty or innocent. In many places the police log of arrests is published regularly regardless of whether or not guilt is ever proven.

Interesting, considering how often people are named here at ThaiVisa, that your concern with this issue has apparently only surfaced when it's farang accused in Thailand and, of course, a chance to suggest the "natives" just aren't civilized.

Edited by Suradit69

Not many civilized places in the world then. With the exception of under-aged children, people are put on trial and their names published and broadcast far and wide before any judge or jury has proven them to be guilty or innocent. In many places the police log of arrests is published regularly regardless of whether or not guilt is ever proven.

Interesting, considering how often people are named here at ThaiVisa, that your concern with this issue has apparently only surfaced when it's farang accused in Thailand and, of course, a chance to suggest the "natives" just aren't civilized.

"your concern with this issue has apparently only surfaced when it's farang accused in Thailand and, of course, a chance to suggest the "natives" just aren't civilized." Nonsense! You must have missed my previous, similar comments, here and elsewhere - even today - when it concerns Thai. Get the facts, forget your fantasy.

Scam? I read nothing about a scam here.

You should try actually reading the article. "One fourth of the money was disbursed to persons opening the accounts, another 25 per cent for call centre staff, and the rest for the head of the gang who lives in Malaysia."

@Nomadjoe you beat me to it, if this guy couldn't see the scam he's probably one of those who invested his life savings with these human dung heaps and is still waiting for his big payout!!!!! sorry to say that's it's all been spent down Patpong or the likes.

The only reason these guys make money is because people are GREEDY. The mark plays right into the hands of these people. Bernie Madoff is the same as these guys just that many of his victims were greedy celebraties. No simpathy for the victims nor the guys caught.

• Like 1

The only reason these guys make money is because people are GREEDY. The mark plays right into the hands of these people. Bernie Madoff is the same as these guys just that many of his victims were greedy celebraties. No simpathy for the victims nor the guys caught.

A desire to improve one's financial security, by investing one's assets, does not mean one deserves to be scammed. Your assertion that you have no sympathy for people who have been defrauded of their entire life savings is rather disturbing.

Are you suggesting the world would be a better place without investors (the providers of capital) and the businesses that renumerate this invested capital from the profits earned by providing the goods and services that people want and need?

Sent from iPhone; please forgive any typos or violations of forum rules

Edited by brit1984

I get calls all the time from companies... Questor is one...

I had one a while back saying that there was a new technology company working with Mercedes Benz for trucks and it was a small and unheard of company and its stock was going to multiply...

they are great smooth talkers...

haha, i used to get the same call

Well, you can't fault their work ethic.

A lot of posts refer to these Brits as scum. But what about all the low life Brits that come to Thailand with a bit of cash (proberly ill gotten) open bars , employ prostitutes and live off thier earnings!!

Come on - knock off the Brit bashing. Are you telling me that I'm imagining all these internationlally owned bars - everybody's at it Ozzies,Yanks,Swedes,Germans and the list goes on.

• Like 2

Strange but Ethnic Britons are refered to as British Nationals, everyone else born in UK is a Briton.

I am English. Nooooooooooooooooooooooo mincing with words, English. thumbsup.gif

<Yorkshireman, English, British, but European (Not on your Nelly)

• Like 1

Agree 100% with that Poinoffew! However, some people don't deserve human rights, obviously after they have been proven guilty. People like this, who prey on the weak and vunerable should be treated accordingly.

Happy Days!!!

The scum are being captured every other week now.............these people are the scum of the earth and they should be locked up for taking advantage of the vulnerable.

Big like to the Thai authorities for addressing this problem, I hope these useless robbing vermin get years in jail. Scum.

Ha ha ha. I knew it wouldn't be long.

Why don't you say 'scum' just one more time, come on, you know you want to!

Okay then.......I don't mind being predictable at times, as long as it's a worthy cause. So just in case anyone is wondering, I think these people are scum.

Just so you know. thumbsup.gif

Just watch it!

I am half English, my mother was scum and her father before her and his father before him. We come from a long line of scum and we`re proud of it.

BTW, I think two of the three scumbags, Englishmen names are incorrect.

Stovell Matthew Niel and Carroll Matthew Peter I think should be, Niel Matthew Stovell and Peter.Matthew Carroll that sounds more correct.

Also strange that both men have the same middle name. Something not quite Kosher here.

Edited by Beetlejuice