Visa Application Questions

I am in the process of applying for a 60 day tourist visa and have sent an email to the Portland, OR, RTC asking the same questions I will ask here. I don't know how long it will take them to answer, so hopefully I can get some answers from the expats in the know on here.

Question #1: On the application it asks for my itinerary. From that section I take it that they expect me to have a ticket already purchased to show them when I send in all the associated paperwork with the application. Is it necessary to have a ticket before I send in the application?

Question #2: The application asks for "Evidence of Adequate Finances", i.e., $480 or 20000baht. What type of documentation to they required to substantiate this?

I have attached a copy of the application for any clarification issues. Any information provided will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

CB

Thai Visa Application.pdf

The itinerary is just your plans - if three months in the future they will advise you to wait. Ticket is not normally required (especially of home country nationals).

A bank statement would likely be accepted but may not be required for home country national in any case.

The best thing to do is to call Mary Wheeler, consular assistant, at 503-221-0440 and ask her exactly what is acceptable and what you have to send. The office is open weekdays from 0900 to 1130.

Thanks for asking this, CB. Applying for my visa is on my to-do list for next week. I was wondering the same two things. I assumed the required an actual itinerary but hoped they didn't. I also assumed a bank statement was sufficient and planned to send one with the app.

Keep us posted, please!

Ok I got a tourist visa from Mary a few years ago just tell her travelling around Thailand bangkok, chiang mai, and where ever throw in a few days here and there no big deal. I assume you have a bank account with money in it take your last statement and print it out black out the account number and highlight the total on deposit if it meats her requirement. Its not rocket science.

Edited by moe666

The best thing to do is to call Mary Wheeler, consular assistant, at 503-221-0440 and ask her exactly what is acceptable and what you have to send. The office is open weekdays from 0900 to 1130.

The phone is rarely answered; better to email. The office is only open mon-thurs. A copy of a bank statement showing a balance of couple thousand dollars would more than suffice for the financials (black out any sensitive information) and just the account summary page.