Tree Pruning

morganl

Thanks a lot Junglechef and Tywais!

I had thought about inquiring on the university campuses as well, but it really helps knowing beforehand. I'll head over to CMU next week. It's not a big job at all but I just want to make sure the tree is not damaged.

Take care and thanks again for your help. :-)

Not to be a pessimist but do you actually think hiring someone to cut a few trees will have insurance and show it to you? I did tell them how to do it but your right it's not too hard with the chainsaw I bought which I don't have a lic. for, is there really a law for that? Or it is just to use professionally?

Sorry, I was thinking like a Swiss, if you can wait until September I'll come and do it, maybe cost a beer. You generally get a nice brochure with the chain saw when you buy one, showing you how to fell trees, nobody explains about the importance of sharpening the chain, no files supplied or information about what file to buy.

No brochure on felling trees with it but the shop explained about sharpening with file, sold me one and correct oils and gave me a quick service lesson, it the big one on the corner of the off ramp of Super Hi-way 11 at 107 (not the one next to it father away from the traffic light. The owners 3 kids all speak English and are educated and are starting to know there stuff about what they sell. I go there for all my big purchases (pumps, tools etc.) as they stand behind their products as well as anybody I've seen here.

• 1 month later...

There's a team at Chiang Mai university that works on the side and are licensed to have and use a chain saw. Not sure how big your job is though.

You wouldn't happen to know what the team charges and how to contact them, would you Tywais?

I will have to check after I get to the office Tuesday after this 3 day holiday. You might send me a PM to remind me - not senile, just a lot on my plate at the moment. biggrin.png

There's a team at Chiang Mai university that works on the side and are licensed to have and use a chain saw. Not sure how big your job is though.

You wouldn't happen to know what the team charges and how to contact them, would you Tywais?

I will have to check after I get to the office Tuesday after this 3 day holiday. You might send me a PM to remind me - not senile, just a lot on my plate at the moment. biggrin.png

Sorry for the delay, just got the information from the secretary. They are a private company that the university hires for large tree trimming jobs.

The contact name is Nui at 087-6587488. Not likely they will have strong English language skills.

Sorry for the delay, just got the information from the secretary. They are a private company that the university hires for large tree trimming jobs.

The contact name is Nui at 087-6587488. Not likely they will have strong English language skills.

Many thanks for remembering!wai.gif