Jet Ski Fiasco

watgate

Ok I would like to know the exact details of what transpired with the infamous jet ski fiasco whereby some unsuspecting tourists were evidently ripped off by some unscrupulous proprietors. My intent is not to open up old wounds or disparage the thai people, who by the way I have a fond appreciation and love for, but just to understand what happened with this unfortunate incident.

Yes a really weird question for the Chiang Mai forum, I don't think they're renting jet skis on the moat yetsad.png

Anyway check out the Phuket forums, it's a daily occurrence there, they've got the jet-ski scam down to a fine art.

It only took 3.2 seconds to use the search function to find a thread on the topic with 836 posts. Please do try to keep up.

http://www.thaivisa....ki#entry5414196

Enjoy.

It took me less than 3.2 to know the OP has only ever made 10 posts, maybe he don't know how to use the thread search.

Have you read the thread " Do you fear from posting because many posts are hostile".

Just a thought eh.

Enjoy.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect App

I only just found the search button 2 weeks ago after wrtitng dozens of words into the one top right of this page for4 months. It does nothing but tell you its searching. Thought my settings were all wrong or I needed to write 500posts to be allowedto use it.

Hence most of my posts bullsh1t just to get my numbers up......but now my posts are great, and the search button is my friend.

So I understand the OP problem (or one of them)

oh Its at the bottom if you dont know

Edited by eyecatcher
  • Like 1

It only took 3.2 seconds to use the search function to find a thread on the topic with 836 posts. Please do try to keep up.

Enjoy.

It took me less than 3.2 to know the OP has only ever made 10 posts, maybe he don't know how to use the thread search.

Have you read the thread " Do you fear from posting because many posts are hostile".

Just a thought eh.

Enjoy.

I only just found the search button 2 weeks ago after wrtitng dozens of words into the one top right of this page for4 months. It does nothing but tell you its searching. Thought my settings were all wrong or I needed to write 500posts to be allowedto use it.

Hence most of my posts bullsh1t just to get my numbers up......but now my posts are great, and the search button is my friend.

So I understand the OP problem (or one of them)

It's designed to bring up at least one pizza or one hamburger thread, regardless of what you type in.

• Like 1

I'm not so concerned about having Jet Skis on the Ping, I just have noticed many 9 any ) social craft down there, Are there any Ping river cruise vessels etc?? Or is the Ping river just boring beyond belief?

If you look at the findercm.com map of Chiang Mai it indicates river cruises but I've not seen them but then I haven't really looked - only go down there at Loi Kratong.

There WAS a jet ski accident in Chiang Mai... In the moat just west of the Amora hotel.

But it was about 6-5 years ago, during the filming of a Thai movie. The star was 'supposed' to race his jet ski through some houses on stilts... movie prop houses of course... built along the side of the moat. His jet ski ran away with him and he crashed into the crossing further down. If I remember correctly, he suffered a broken arm.

There WAS a jet ski accident in Chiang Mai... In the moat just west of the Amora hotel.

But it was about 6-5 years ago, during the filming of a Thai movie. The star was 'supposed' to race his jet ski through some houses on stilts... movie prop houses of course... built along the side of the moat. His jet ski ran away with him and he crashed into the crossing further down. If I remember correctly, he suffered a broken arm.

Wot no stuntman!!!!!

I'll be the renters had him buy them a new jet-ski too

I am not surprised; how could he reach the handles if he was on stilts?

Jeez that made my eye's water, I'm assuming by your Yorkshire quote that you're a fellow Yorkshireman? they say it's grim oop north but you're one of the few that have given me a real larf on these forums - my mind saw the 'picture' immediately.cheesy.gif Now that would have been a stunt to see.

Edited by sysardman

Enjoy.

Just a thought eh.

Enjoy.

Yes, I've read and contributed to that thread since it began.

Nothing hostile about my post, plus anyone with an IQ above 90 knows how to use the search function on an internet forum these days. Not to mention I even provided a link to the longest thread on TV on the topic.

On the other hand, what are the chances than someone with 10 posts. posting in the Chiang Mai forum, would ask a question about jet skis that has been covered ad nauseum on TV for years?

Enjoy.

Just a thought eh.

Enjoy.

Yes, I've read and contributed to that thread since it began.

Nothing hostile about my post, plus anyone with an IQ above 90 knows how to use the search function on an internet forum these days. Not to mention I even provided a link to the longest thread on TV on the topic.

On the other hand, what are the chances than someone with 10 posts. posting in the Chiang Mai forum, would ask a question about jet skis that has been covered ad nauseum on TV for years?

See @eyecatcher we're back to the bickerers - and all this stuff about 'sent from my GT-N7000' - sounds like an American muscle car.

PS - sent from my neighbours WiFi using my password hacking appw00t.gif

• Like 2

I am not surprised; how could he reach the handles if he was on stilts?

Probably customized with Ape Hanger handlebars... :)

Edited by FolkGuitar

How long would it take to ride from here to Bangkok on a jet-ski? I bet it's faster than the train.

Yes but very expensive when you return the jet-ski and they scam you for the 'damage'.

Brain damage? :rolleyes:

How long would it take to ride from here to Bangkok on a jet-ski? I bet it's faster than the train.

Yes but very expensive when you return the jet-ski and they scam you for the 'damage'.

Brain damage? rolleyes.gif

Yes probably if you don't pay upthumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Enjoy.

Just a thought eh.

Enjoy.

Nothing hostile about my post, plus anyone with an IQ above 90 knows how to use the search function on an internet forum these days.

So that's why I can't use the search function sad.png -- diskriminashun

Edited by sysardman

Enjoy.

Just a thought eh.

Enjoy.

Nothing hostile about my post, plus anyone with an IQ above 90 knows how to use the search function on an internet forum these days.

So that's why I can't use the search function sad.png -- diskriminashun

Yes but on a positive note; you now have an IQ low enough to be elligible for Big Brother

I'm not so concerned about having Jet Skis on the Ping, I just have noticed many 9 any ) social craft down there, Are there any Ping river cruise vessels etc?? Or is the Ping river just boring beyond belief?

If you look at the findercm.com map of Chiang Mai it indicates river cruises but I've not seen them but then I haven't really looked - only go down there at Loi Kratong.

The Thais are normally switched on to every business opportunity, strange that there isn't more made of the River. I'll go have a look the next time I get a chance.