How Are Farang Transexuals Regarded In Thailand

theblether

I'm curious to know why this thread has been moved to the Gay Forum.

As far as I am aware transsexuals are not gay...they are people who wish to or have changed their gender and are subsequently in the majority heterosexual.

Perhaps someone with more experience can offer better and more informed info?

According to my cousin who is a transsexual they are absolutely not gay!

I will add that she had her trans gender work done in Bangkok about 5 years ago and was delighted with the outcome. . All physiological assessments were done at the Charing X Hospital but the waiting times were prohibitive , therefore Bangkok was her second choice.

What was her first choice?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I am aware transsexuals are not gay...they are people who wish to or have changed their gender and are subsequently in the majority heterosexual.

I will add that she had her trans gender work done in Bangkok about 5 years ago and was delighted with the outcome. . All physiological assessments were done at the Charing X Hospital but the waiting times were prohibitive , therefore Bangkok was her second choice.

The Charing X I believe. I think her words were "she felt comfortable ". Her friends and family are in London so it goes without saying that if the treatment was lst class she wouldnt look any further.

What kind of visa would she get? The usual non-imm would require leaving Thailand every 90 days - maybe not very convenient if she's in the middle of medical procedures.

I understand they can get a medical visa, but most stay short enough to be here as visa-exempted tourists. I was in a government meeting a few years ago about government policies to attract tourists, and one of those policies was medical tourism. (They though I was an expert, I don't know who fed them that misinformation...) The government is well aware that Thailand is a world leader in GRS (Gender Reassignment Surgery).

The Charing X I believe. I think her words were "she felt comfortable ". Her friends and family are in London so it goes without saying that if the treatment was lst class she wouldnt look any further.

Thanks for your reply. I am sure everybody makes their own right decisions where to have GRS.

• Like 1

What kind of visa would she get? The usual non-imm would require leaving Thailand every 90 days - maybe not very convenient if she's in the middle of medical procedures.

I understand they can get a medical visa, but most stay short enough to be here as visa-exempted tourists.

A "visa-exempted tourist" visa would not be a good idea for someone coming to Thailand for GRS - the visa on arrival is only valid for 30 days and cannot be extended which may not allow sufficient time for administration, operation, post-op care and possible complications. She should apply for either a Tourist visa (60 days, can be extended) or a Tourist visa for Medical Treatment (60 to 90 days, depending on the operation) for which she'll need a letter from the hospital confirming the details.

• 1 month later...

As a person who lived in England for many years, I think England is a better place for transgender (CD/TV/TS) people to live and work than in Thailand. There are supports, events and protection by law. England is lively regarding this lifestyle. Most importantly, shopping is more fun there :)

I haven't read all this thread. But in answer to the original question, ladyboys are accepted here but they're seen pretty much as a joke, unless they're really goodlooking, when they're admired. In fact, if you come here, you''ll find the transman scene is a lot bigger. There's been a few stories in the press recently of transmen being murdered by jealous boyfriends. And I have to say transmen are very aggressive, I have some experience of a transman coming on to my wife.Like I was sitting at the same table and this "girl" was all over her, wiv no consideration at all as to how I might be feeling. If it was a guy I would've thumped him, but how do you deal wiv a girl on girl situation. I find these transwomen are very selective in their choices, like they'll choose to be a woman when it suits them but turn on the male side when there's a chance of some pussy./