Any Good American Managed Bars In Pattaya

michaelpeitou

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The comment that Americans are largely unaware of anything outside of America is an accurate generalization."

Sorry, but if you read my comment, you'll see I refered to Americans living abroad (which is what we're talking about, right?) :

"...an incorrect over-generalization about all Americans, especially those living abroad."

Plenty of well managed bars in Pattaya, amongst some poorly managed ones.

Not sure the nationality of the owner/manager has much to do with it

It has quite a lot to do with it actually IMO,I prefer to go in bars where I have something in common with manager /owner and prefer to go in British/Irish run bars co run with Thai.

I tend to stay away from German bars in Naklua as in the past I've been treated as an outcast and I don't like to see people with iron crosses or swastikas tattoed on Germans or people making Nazi gestures.

It's all about preference IMO.

Personally i go into a bar to drink and play, i certainly do not go into a bar to annoy the owner or manager. Just because you feel you have something in common, it does not mean that the owner or the manager feels the same waywai.gif

Let me try again for you then in reply to your smart ar*ed reply.

I prefer to go in bars where I KNOW AND have something in common with the manager/owner....

My freinds bars....

Good for you that you go into a bar to drink and play.

I like to go into a bar to drink and when I've had my fill I finish and pay but only pay for drink......

are not you just a saintrolleyes.gif

@phl

A few years ago I was a very naughty boy who enjoyed the delights on offer nowadays I prefer to be a good boy as I'd prefer a certain part of me to be not fed to an old flea bitten manky soi dog.:o

Edited by MB1

@phl

A few years ago I was a very naughty boy who enjoyed the delights on offer nowadays I prefer to be a good boy as I'd prefer a certain part of me to be not fed to an old flea bitten manky soi dog.ohmy.png

Temples are a great place to spend your spare timethumbsup.gif , or is it a church where you find good boys and girlsbiggrin.png

@phl

A few years ago I was a very naughty boy who enjoyed the delights on offer nowadays I prefer to be a good boy as I'd prefer a certain part of me to be not fed to an old flea bitten manky soi dog.ohmy.png

Temples are a great place to spend your spare timethumbsup.gif , or is it a church where you find good boys and girlsbiggrin.png

Only if you are a Catholic Priest.................

@phl

Only if you are a Catholic Priest.................

clap2.gif

Try the Chik-N-Coop beer bar in the complex opposite Mikes Shopping mall on 2nd road. American run , check it out and you be the judge. Mike is a good guy.

Do you mean to the left of Kiss if sitting there at the front and looking direct at mikes shopping mall.?

coincidently i have just been checking out expat insurance, one large USA company has top 3 ex pats here as

1 130,000 Japanaese

2 90,000 Brits

3 70,000 Americans.

So Americans are out there somewhere, and as added comment never come across a Japanese bar.

Lap Lap bar soi country club Mike a New Yorker

The place needs a decent Hooters hang out, guess might just be one problem reguarding the waitress's. Well 2 actually

Edited by marstons

Tropical Bert's smile.png

Tequila Reef

Wait until Bert sees this!

since its the home of Pattaya British Legion and covered in British memorabila i was a wee bit suprised.

Mavericks brit sense of humour kicking in, be funny though Yanks turning up and finding out when they walked in...w00t.gif

Edited by MB1
  • Like 1

Try the Chik-N-Coop beer bar in the complex opposite Mikes Shopping mall on 2nd road. American run , check it out and you be the judge. Mike is a good guy.

Do you mean to the left of Kiss if sitting there at the front and looking direct at mikes shopping mall.?

Yes,

I wrote the direction as it is written on the bar business card.

But Australia doesn't get that cold! I use to live in Minnesota. The winters were brutal...

I didn't know you were from Minnesota. I grew in Moorhead MN accross the red river from Fargo, N.D.

ND is darn cold also! I'm a military brat, so lived all over. 15+ years in MN, Michigan and Ohio. Glad to be here! Oh...forgot 3 years in Alaska!!

ND is darn cold also! I'm a military brat, so lived all over. 15+ years in MN, Michigan and Ohio. Glad to be here! Oh...forgot 3 years in Alaska!!

Oh yeah it was...I remember going to school with 6ft snowdrifts...now those were the days.

"Having a motorcycle painted with the stars and stripes... would probably also be vandalized."

Agree.

"Painted faces, matching clothing with country's colors, chanting of mantras etc. Americans don't really do that..." Whaaat? Y'oughta watch an NFL or NBA game some time.

"...perhaps because we don't often directly compete against other countries in sports."

Wow, wrong again. Olympics, World Cup, Ryder Cup... the list goes on.

I think there is also not nearly as much overt nationalistic behavior by Americans on display is that we are usually so dominant in international sport that it feels kinds like rubbing it in. With few exceptions, other countries get so excited about it because they are underdogs. One exception of course being soccer, which people in America don't really care about.

Edited by NomadJoe
  • Like 1