Dream Machines

baht&sold

This has probably been done before but couldn't resist. What's your fav dream machine or one that sticks with you for pure nostalgia?

Just to make it Thailand related and mod friendly, if import duties and imported parts duties were relaxed further in LOS;) (then again, if you can splash out 1.7 mil on a bugatti...) :o

On that note, how about a Veyron 16.4? Only 1.7 mil (and no, that's not thai baht we're talking;) 0-240 kph in 14 secs... Apparently handling is questionable at +300 kph (would you even notice tho;)

The beast in question

post-7171-1136825651_thumb.jpg

The belly of the beast

post-7171-1136824979_thumb.jpg

My all time humble favourite, actually owned one back when. Completely broke my heart (&wallett;)

Still, fondly remembered and all's forgiven (come back baby, come back!) :D :D

Austin Healy

post-7171-1136824938_thumb.jpg

gx_spec_img.jpg

As silly as it sounds, I wouldn't go for anything like a McLaren/ Ferrari etc, but go for The new 4 x 4 Lexus GX.

4.7-liter, four cam, four valves per cylinder, with continuously Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)

- 263 hp @ 5,400 rpm , 323 lb-ft torque @ 3,400 rpm

I must be getting old.... :o

Owned one of these but white. Very similar to this one but owned before the age of digital camera's.

Fondest memory, blasting down narrow steets and setting of car alarms with the thunder from the conti tailpipes.post-22617-1136855555_thumb.jpg

Also bought one of these in Pheonix Arizona from Honest Fred's Aoto's for $950 and drove it to LA with a mate over 5 weeks. Ours was lime green over olive and was cheap 'cause no one would buy it that colour except crazy 2 Aussies who didn't care.post-22617-1136855649_thumb.jpg

Sorry, nothing to do with Thailand at all

ive always liked 50's americana , and this desoto , spotted recently in hua hin would suit me fine as a dream machine . unfortunately the owner would not dream of selling

for something more practical , a bentley arnage in a subtle dark blue would do the trick.

for bangkok traffic , this toyota would be useful

Edited by taxexile

A Porsche 911 Turbo :o My uncle had one of the first 911's with the turbo engine; built in January of 1976. Top speed was somewhere around 168mph. Pretty good for '76.

This car would be a good toy but nothing more. If you changed the suspension a bit the rear tires MIGHT get 6,000 miles before you needed to buy new ones. The cost of parts is a nightmare in the States and probably more so over here.

My all time humble favourite, actually owned one back when. Completely broke my heart (&wallett;)

Still, fondly remembered and all's forgiven (come back baby, come back!) :o:D

Austin Healy

post-7171-1136824938_thumb.jpg

One of my favorites: I had a 1960 Austin Healey 3000 for 4 years. Do you remember that little overdrive switch on the dash?

gx_spec_img.jpg

As silly as it sounds, I wouldn't go for anything like a McLaren/ Ferrari etc, but go for The new 4 x 4 Lexus GX.

4.7-liter, four cam, four valves per cylinder, with continuously Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i)

- 263 hp @ 5,400 rpm , 323 lb-ft torque @ 3,400 rpm

I must be getting old.... :o

I dont get lexus myself after all thats just a Toyota Prado with a different badge - i had a Prado before and the new shape shown is an excellent vehicle.

My choice however would be either a Jensen Interceptor (for nostalgia) or a TVR.

For me my dream machine would be a Koenigsegg CCR, quite some machine and it comes from the home of Volvo :D Check it out:

post-22504-1136871619_thumb.jpgpost-22504-1136871646_thumb.jpgpost-22504-1136871674_thumb.jpg

post-22504-1136871699_thumb.jpgpost-22504-1136871733_thumb.jpg

Performance

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (0–62 mph) 3.2 seconds

Top speed: 395+ km/h (242+ mph)

Standing quartermile: 9 seconds, end speed 235 km/h (146 mph)

Braking distance: 31 m (100–0 km/h)

Lateral g-force: 1.3 g

Fuel consumption: Highway travel: 13 l/100 km

Combined: 17 l/100 km

Aerodynamics

Cd. 0.297. Frontal area 1.825 m2. Completely flat underside of chassis. Venturi tunnels at the rear of chassis/body.

Engine

Type: V8 cast aluminium, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts. Cam cover of carbonfibre.

Displacement: 4.700 cm3.

Compression: 8.6:1

Weight: 215 kg

Lubrication system: Dry sump with unique oil spray piston cooling. Oil cooler.

Oil: SAE 10W60 fully synthetic racing.

Oil tank capacity: 12 litres (2.64 gallons)

Induction system: Sequential, multipoint fuel injection. Dual Rotrex centrifugal compressors with 1.4 max boost pressure. Intercooler.

Fuel: 98 RON unleaded.

Ignition system: Direct coil on plug. Transistorised.

Power output: 806 bhp at 6.900 rpm.

Maximum torque: 920 Nm (678 ftlb) at 5.700 rpm.

Maximum rpm: 7.600 rpm.

Transmission

Specially developed 6-speed gearbox by Cima. Incorporated internal oil pump and oil cooler. Torque sensitive, limited slip differential.

Clutch: Dual Plate, organic or cintered ุ 215 mm (8.46 inch). Oil-cooled and electronically operated

Mean machine :D Doubt could drive it around BKK though :o

Ducati Monster S4Rs, ideally I'd also own a Soft Top BMW M3 or an Alfa Romeo SZ Coupe of which I can't find a photo.

post-25516-1137663097_thumb.jpg

If you don't know what a BMW M3 looks like you shouldn't be in this forum.

Edited by Uma~~

Ducati Monster S4Rs, ideally I'd also own a Soft Top BMW M3 or an Alfa Romeo SZ Coupe of which I can't find a photo.

post-25516-1137663097_thumb.jpg

If you don't know what a BMW M3 looks like you shouldn't be in this forum.

When I lived in London at the hieght of Yuppidom I had a Bmw 3 Bauer convertion not M3 but race tuned by Syntner ..she sounded great with two internal baffels broken in the silencer ...but then a Honda 50cc moped with no silencer fitted sounded great like a formular one racing car