Travelling With A New Computer Pc And A 20" Lcd Monitor Out Of Suvarnabhumi Airport

Zen

I will be flying out of Bangkok via Suvarnabhumi Airport with a new Computer PC and its 20" LCD monitor.

What would be the best way to pack these 2 items? Is it OK if I just leave them in their original boxes and get the airline to paste Fragile sticker on them? Should i check in both items or hand carry one of them?

Someone suggested I put the LCD with its original packaging/box and then put the box into my luggage....as for the PC someone told me that I can hand carry up the airplane...?

My main worry is if i check in both items, the luggage handlers will toss and throw the boxes around and thus damaging both items.

Anyone with experience bringing such items out of Suvarnabhumi?

The origional boxes should be well strong enough , putting it in your bag might help slightly but not much. Carrying on is always better just so you don't have it lost. If your super paranoid you could wrap them in bubble wrap .... just kidding but you could :) The origional boxes are designed to allow them to drop and get banged around so don't worry. If it doesn't work when you arrive check ALL the plugs inside ...... 99 time out of 100 thats all it is, they get loose, just plug em back in.

I personally have enough faith in people that I would leave it in the box and figure people would be carefull with it , inside your suitcase they wouldnt know so it might actually be worse .... depending on the handler I guess.

I have shipped similar items before and used the boxes they came in covered with a couple of layers of plastic then got the airline to put Fragile stickers on them. My thought is that if they are hidden inside your baggage then the handlers wont know that there are fragile items inside and they wont get treated as carefully.

• Like 1

Bought a 23inch LCD Monitor out in my check in bag a week ago, was well packed in I used a couple of chair cushions and other stuff as I had no original box, they put a red Fragile sticker on it and no problems, works fine.

If your monitor is in an original box, I would say 100% no chance of damage with a Fragile sticker on.

Take the Tower with you as carry on.