Help...How To Get Money, Cuz I Now Have No Id?

sidjameson

I have a friend in chiangmai willing to wire me some money.

Is there anyway we can do this? I have no id, except the photo copy of my passport.

Can I use western union if I have no id to speak of?

I have a friend in america willing to wire some money too

i worry having no id.

Any suggestions?

Ouch, rough situation. Have a nice watch, or anything valuable? Pawn it. You can buy it back in a few days, with maybe a 5% or so interest.

Get some cash, get yourself to the British Embassy in BKK, and ask for an emergency passport. You should have it within 24 hours, and that should be enough ID to accept things like Western Union. From there, ask your bank to expedite new cards to your hotel. Once you have that, you're set to go.

Unfortunately, once you're all setup in a week from now, you're probably going to have to leave the country. Emergency passports aren't valid for long.

I understand you are in Pattaya...and that you are from the UK.

THere is an Honorary Consul there who may be willing to vouch for your identity.

At the least they can assist in getting money transferred to you from abroad.

Your Credit card should be able to make an emergency advance have you rang the emergency number.

• Like 1

Western Union does have (or at least used to have) a facility that allows recipients to use a secret passphrase rather than confirming their identity, but I believe it's not allowed in countries that have a high rate of fraud.

I assume that rules Thailand out.

Don't you have **anyone** you trust here that can receive it for you? How about the owner of the place you're sleeping?

Last resort - the Honorary Consul may be willing to do so on your behalf.

Edited by BigJohnnyBKK

A good reminder to us all to make a copy of our passports.

I scan mine on the computer and can print off any time it is required.

Yes last trip abroad a friend suggested I scan it and email it to myself so as be able to make a copy pretty much anywhere.