New Cheap Airline To Oz With Daily Flights To Bangers

jcw

There is a new Bangkok express from Sydney the Gold Coast starting next week to go head to head with Air Asia X and Jetstar to Bangkok & it looks like they will give them a run for their money.

There are no SQ frequent flyer (KrisClub) points available. This is pure jammed packed cattle class but dam_n cheap flights to Bangers.

Discounted tickets are being advertised for next to peanuts. This is Singapore Airlines new LLC called Scoot.

They are operating repainted Singapore Airlines B777 & have 16 on order !!!!

$600 rtn to Oz all inclusive

Info about flights & the crappy connections

http://www.gogoflori...scoot-airlines/

Scoot-Airline-B777-Bangkok.jpg

Edited by jcw

just what Thailand needs, more low cost flights rolleyes.gif

Thailand's transformation into an Asian Ayia Napa / Costa del Sol type place is almost complete.

Just what is needed right now, when the 60-year old Australian travel agent's body isn't even in the ground yet. Australia should be seriously considering withdrawing all flights to Thailand, let alone boosting Thai tourism!

Ordering 777's? At least they are nicer in the air than 737's, ut to run them LLC they will jam a fair few seats into a 777 to fill them up.

402 seats jammed in fact in these Scoot B777-200ER (Operated as a B777-200. Apparently

Engines derated to non-ER standard)

When Singapore Airlines operate them with First class-Biz-cattle they have 288 seats, and with just Biz and cattle they have 323 seats.

When it is operated as a Extended Range machine they have 285 seats.

I would be interested how personal leg room compares to the JetStar and Air Asia leg room ?

Gold Coast - Bangkok has a great connection, totally sucks on the return.

Sydney -BKK sucks but is a good trip back.

Edited by jcw

Just a heads up for those thinking of flying with Scoot here is their actual website

Promotional Fares are here

We have talked a little about it over in the Travel Forum.

A friend on Mine is to soon fly into Australia from Thailand and using Scoot ...

As the OP alludes to above ... at the time there was no connection available from Thailand arriving in Singapore that enabled a connection into Australia. I know that this was a fact for the Gold Coast (Coolangatta Airport) and, from memory of someone else posting, no connection into Sydney.

So my friend simply booked an AirAsia flight BKK-SIN then Scoot onto Australia.

The return flight to Thailand from Australia is not a problem with something like a 3 or 4 hour wait in Singapore.

Thailand's transformation into an Asian Ayia Napa / Costa del Sol type place is almost complete.

Just what is needed right now, when the 60-year old Australian travel agent's body isn't even in the ground yet. Australia should be seriously considering withdrawing all flights to Thailand, let alone boosting Thai tourism!

Will never happen with hundreds of thousands of Australians traveling to Thailand every year, even with a record number of Australian tourist dying in Thailand very year for various reasons.

By the looks of it, each Australian destination has good connections one way but down right nasty the other way.

Can be easily solved by using a different company, in the article it mentions which ones, Tiger, Air Asia and Jet Star uses what terminals in Singapore.

When I go to Oz, I normally go on Sing Air, I think that the main Singapore Airport is the best in the world for passengers.

I wont be rushing on Scoot any time soon, but if I had to buy 5 tickets for a family, it would be hard to pass up.

Chantsurfer

I wouldnt fly with SCOOT for quids. The plane will be filled with hundreds of cheaparse schoolie bogans from NSW and QLD.

Why are they flying to BKK. Should be heading to Phuket because thats where Aussies go to get drunk.

Cheap airlines ???? you get what you pay for. They have a very poor record in Australia over the years.

[offensive remark removed by MiG16]

Edited by MiG16

I wouldnt fly with SCOOT for quids. The plane will be filled with hundreds of cheaparse schoolie bogans from NSW and QLD.

Why are they flying to BKK. Should be heading to Phuket because thats where Aussies go to get drunk.

Cheap airlines ???? you get what you pay for. They have a very poor record in Australia over the years.

The peroxide blonde aussie skank in the above caption is exactly the type who will fly SCOOT.

Scoot is an offshoot of Singapore Airlines, one of the better regarded Airlines in the world.

ALL flights travel to Singapore and then the passenger can catch a connecting flight to other destinations.

The reason for the cheap airfares at the moment is most likely to draw attention to the Airline and with the prices to rise as the seats are filled in later times .. as does happen with most routes.

The plane will be filled with hundreds of cheaparse schoolie bogans from NSW and QLD.
... really?

As for you not flying Scoot ... you probably won't be missed.

88 Australians died in the Bali bombings and yet the place is heaving with Ozzies.

The peroxide blonde aussie skank in the above caption is exactly the type who will fly SCOOT.

Scoot is an offshoot of Singapore Airlines, one of the better regarded Airlines in the world.

ALL flights travel to Singapore and then the passenger can catch a connecting flight to other destinations.

The reason for the cheap airfares at the moment is most likely to draw attention to the Airline and with the prices to rise as the seats are filled in later times .. as does happen with most routes.

The plane will be filled with hundreds of cheaparse schoolie bogans from NSW and QLD.
... really?

As for you not flying Scoot ... you probably won't be missed.

It also is providing badly needed employment in various countries.

guys - its information about an airline and a flight from one country to another.

must you turn everything into an abuse?

lets keep this civil

any further such remarks wont be tolerated

So Typical of so many here, if you don't want to spend money with this airline for a known product, then simply don't. Please do not kill it for the rest of us that are interested in what they are offering.

I just did a dummy booking, the extras add up quickly, but still less than half the price of Thai n the same type of airplane with 20kg of bags and food !!!! Go Figure. wink.png

Firstly, they operate out of Changi Terminal 2, which is part of the great airport there, honestly, killing a few hours in that airport is easy to do, compared to “Swampy” in Bangkok or the low cost terminals that Tiger operates out of in Singapore or Air Asia operates out of in KL which are uncomfortable boring places at the best of times.

The connection from Gold Cost to Bangkok is simply awesome with a 2 hours stop over in terminal 2 in Singapore, the return has a painful 23 hour stop over, if I was to book it, I would book Gold Coast to Bangkok on Scoot and Tiger/JetStar/AA to Singapore on the return to then have a convenient connection for the Sin to the Gold Coast sector.

Out of Sydney to Bangkok has a shocker connection in Singapore, like wise I would do the leg to Bangkok on a convenient airline, how ever the connections form Bangkok to Sydney are good. Hopefully as the fleet increases these connection are changed. It is also worth noting, that it is point to point, even though you buy a ticket Gold coast to Bangkok, you need to still clear customs in Singapore, collect any checked in bags, re-check in and be fondled by some rent a cop waving a metal detector on an ego trip.

Edited by mozzieslapper

Over-reaction for well, Over-reaction's sake!

Quite agree with the sentiment, that's well placed, but really............look at reality.

[offensive remark removed by MiG16]

Are you British? More UK Football hooligans around than schoolies who may have a bit of an excuse due their age!

Also be a good idea to provide some useful data to back up your claims re the "Very poor record" of the budget airlines.

Tell you where not to look for this data...................The hundreds of thousands of travellers who would not have been able to travel 'but for them'

$600 is really bloody cheap. You need to pack your own food, bring your own pillow. In Singapore you can get a free tour for stop over flights, but 23 hours.. well! There are cheap rooms at the airport you can sleep in i think its about $30 for 10 hours and there is free wifi at the airport. How about connections to Air Asia as an alternative - how difficult is that?

It really is a case of saving about $400 minimum as the cheapest flights gold coast to bkk are about $1000 but often $1200

Gone are the days of my favourite brunei flight from brisbane to bangkok for around $600 and free to make changes to your ticket. For some reason Brunei air never marketed the route, travel agents didnt sell brunei tickets and they didnt advertise that they sold them from their own site. Unless you happened to try STA travel you would never have known about the cheap Brunei air fares. They changed that route to melboune, i wonder how that is going for them now

$600 is really bloody cheap. You need to pack your own food, bring your own pillow. In Singapore you can get a free tour for stop over flights, but 23 hours.. well! There are cheap rooms at the airport you can sleep in i think its about $30 for 10 hours and there is free wifi at the airport. How about connections to Air Asia as an alternative - how difficult is that?

Couple of issues you raised.

I actually got my friend BKK-SIN-OOL and return for a touch over $500 with 20 kgs luggage and the meals but we booked the best part of 2 months ago ... sorry, just bragging.

As I mentioned in a previous post there is no direct connection BKK - OOL at the moment so AirAsia wa chosen for BKK-SIN, then Scoopy onto Australia.

The surprise cost was the BKK-SIN flight as the best deal I could find was just over $100.

I'm interested in the free Singapore tour bit you talk about, Googled it but the best I could find was this ...

From 15 April, Singapore Airlines, together with the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) and Singapore Changi Airport, will offer all its customers the Fabulous Singapore Stopover Package for just US$1 for the first night stay in Singapore.

That was from 3 years ago and for Singapore Airlines clients only.

Do you have more information?

A mate of mine did reommend the Brunei air option but I have never tried it.

Did see it advertised on Flight Centre a few times last year but it was about $850 then.

I did a dummy booking with a few airlines, just to check.

Sydney - BKK Dept Aug 03, Return Aug 12

Scoot (Fly, Meal, Bag) - $Au772.18. Return leg is 12hrs40, with 3 hours in Sing in the middle of the night.

32 hours outbound (overnight in Sing) so you would probably want to use AA or something to get to BKK, if it is possible after arriving at 7pm. Other option would be to overnight in Gold Coast and fly out of there, because flying from Sydney for a 9am departure isn't possible. Either overnight option is going to drive the cost up greatly.

Jetstar (Fly, Meal, Bag) - $847.74. 16hrs45 outbound (via either Melb+Sing or Syd-Melb-BKK). 13hrs45 Return (via Melb).

Qantas (Full Service) - $Au957. 9h 35m there, 9h 10m return,

Emirates (Full Service) - $974.54 9hr 25min there, 8hr 55min return

BA (Full Service) - 1202. Direct on Qantas.

Thai (Full Service) - $989.78 Direct.

Singapore 1,073.34 - 11hrs 45mins there, 11hrs 25mins return via Sing.

Virgin (only fly into Phuket) (Fly, Meal, Bag) 1,236.94 - FLy via Perth, couldn't be bothered working out the times. No overnight required.

For $80 to not overnight, I would be choosing Jetstar over Scoot. For $110 to save a further 10 hours travel time, and at least 2 opportunities to miss a connection and screw things up, I would probably choose Qantas.

Emirates have newer planes, but arrive at stupid O'clock in the morning.

The small difference in fares between the 'budget airlines' and Qantas surprised me. I think it shows that Qantas doesn't really know where they want to sit in the market. Old aircraft, old crew, not cheap, not best quality - maybe that is their market position.

Cheers,

Daewoo

Edited by Daewoo

Couple of issues you raised.

I actually got my friend BKK-SIN-OOL and return for a touch over $500 with 20 kgs luggage and the meals but we booked the best part of 2 months ago ... sorry, just bragging.

As I mentioned in a previous post there is no direct connection BKK - OOL at the moment so AirAsia wa chosen for BKK-SIN, then Scoopy onto Australia.

The surprise cost was the BKK-SIN flight as the best deal I could find was just over $100.

I'm interested in the free Singapore tour bit you talk about, Googled it but the best I could find was this ...

From 15 April, Singapore Airlines, together with the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) and Singapore Changi Airport, will offer all its customers the Fabulous Singapore Stopover Package for just US$1 for the first night stay in Singapore.

That was from 3 years ago and for Singapore Airlines clients only.

Do you have more information?

A mate of mine did reommend the Brunei air option but I have never tried it.

Did see it advertised on Flight Centre a few times last year but it was about $850 then.

Here you go David. http://www.changiairport.com/at-changi/leisure-indulgences/free-singapore-tour

This email as sent to me yesterday ...

post-104736-0-99669000-1340917740_thumb.

Response has been overwhelming, so we've dug deep and will be keeping this sale open for the next 2 days, till 2359hrs on Friday (GMT +10). Tickets are going fast, and these fares will only be available while seats last. So go on and do what you have to do.

• Like 1

When they say "delivered" do they mean from re-furbishment/re-modelling? I notice that SIA have just swapped an A380 into their London afternoon arrival which used to be a B777, so maybe this Pheonix is rising from the rolling expansion plan.

I recently flew the Viet 777 from London Gatwick to HCMC and Back. I usually enjoy 777s but this was sardinesville.

I am booked to fly Scoot BKK to Sydney 11 July. Dept BKK 8pm arrive Singapore 11.15pm, dept singapore I think 2:40am arrive Sydney 11:45am Cost around $425 one way. Bought Stretched seat for around extra $25 No food, No blanket, No i pad. to save money they don't have TV in seat in front of you. Eventually they will rent out I Pads for 500 baht.