Help Me Stop The Illegal Wildlife Trade Outside Of Kantharalak, Sisaket Thailand!

AnandaSatvha

Blind brutal ingnorance I am afraid. Even the former PM in exile said that Thailand would never amount to much if the population kept watching the mindless crap on Telly and reading comic books. Was he chastised by the public for saying this ? No the Thais said he was right. !!!

I just came back from the UK the other week and the BBC had their Spring Watch programme showing live coverage all over the country about Britains wildlife. Millions of (well educated ) viewers watch and take part around the nation and have a genuine interest in wildlife and its well being.

In S.E. Asia the only interest is money and food. If you can get money from making an elephant ride a bike and tightrope walk or if you can deep fry the critter all the better. Any and every opportunity is exploited Tigers penis, bears bile, fried water beetles and scorpions for crying out loud. How about exporting thousands of peoples pet dogs across the border to feed the Koreans. Lets shoot every Rhino and cut its horn off cos the Chniese believe utter sh*t that it is an aphrodisiac.

Thailand has no room for stampeding herds of Wildebeest and I have met locals that think this is "not real" when watching the Discovery channel. But, they just don't get it when there is the possibility that his country would be flooded with even more tourists if they did have "real" nature reserves like Kasiranga in India with its Tigers and Asian Rhino. The make a fast buck mind set and rampant corruption buggers up any chance of that happening.

I feel for the OP, he/she maybe lives very close to what was a garden of Eden and now is an image of Hell.

The fact of the matter is nothing will stop this madness on the planet until it is all gone.

Meanwhile the rest of the planet is hoodwinked by government sponsored <deleted> called climate change. If corporate carbon credits were re-directed at educating the masses that they are killing the planet by just simply killing insects on their vegetables, they might wake up to real facts about how this tiny planet is doomed soon if we dont stop slashing, burning, shooting, over fishing, illegal logging and dumping all our crap over whats left.

So on that cheery note I'll end this rant about my fellow humans. Is that the right word to call people that behave like this ?

Over 100 species of Life go extinct everyday because of US HUMANS or Parasites should be the right word to call ourselves. A good book for all of you to get started would be to read the book "ISHMAEL", by Daniel Quinn. Written entirely in the wonderful English Language , as for the misfortunes of people like Kerry I believe they have an edition in Brail. Thats a great 1st step..

So I guess you don't have any concrete suggestions as to actions people who are reading Thai Visa can take other than read a book. If your suggestion is that we go out and buy and read a book then your post should be eliminated because that is spam.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blind brutal ingnorance I am afraid. Even the former PM in exile said that Thailand would never amount to much if the population kept watching the mindless crap on Telly and reading comic books. Was he chastised by the public for saying this ? No the Thais said he was right. !!!

I just came back from the UK the other week and the BBC had their Spring Watch programme showing live coverage all over the country about Britains wildlife. Millions of (well educated ) viewers watch and take part around the nation and have a genuine interest in wildlife and its well being.

In S.E. Asia the only interest is money and food. If you can get money from making an elephant ride a bike and tightrope walk or if you can deep fry the critter all the better. Any and every opportunity is exploited Tigers penis, bears bile, fried water beetles and scorpions for crying out loud. How about exporting thousands of peoples pet dogs across the border to feed the Koreans. Lets shoot every Rhino and cut its horn off cos the Chniese believe utter sh*t that it is an aphrodisiac.

Thailand has no room for stampeding herds of Wildebeest and I have met locals that think this is "not real" when watching the Discovery channel. But, they just don't get it when there is the possibility that his country would be flooded with even more tourists if they did have "real" nature reserves like Kasiranga in India with its Tigers and Asian Rhino. The make a fast buck mind set and rampant corruption buggers up any chance of that happening.

I feel for the OP, he/she maybe lives very close to what was a garden of Eden and now is an image of Hell.

The fact of the matter is nothing will stop this madness on the planet until it is all gone.

Meanwhile the rest of the planet is hoodwinked by government sponsored <deleted> called climate change. If corporate carbon credits were re-directed at educating the masses that they are killing the planet by just simply killing insects on their vegetables, they might wake up to real facts about how this tiny planet is doomed soon if we dont stop slashing, burning, shooting, over fishing, illegal logging and dumping all our crap over whats left.

So on that cheery note I'll end this rant about my fellow humans. Is that the right word to call people that behave like this ?

Over 100 species of Life go extinct everyday because of US HUMANS or Parasites should be the right word to call ourselves. A good book for all of you to get started would be to read the book "ISHMAEL", by Daniel Quinn. Written entirely in the wonderful English Language , as for the misfortunes of people like Kerry I believe they have an edition in Brail. Thats a great 1st step..

So I guess you don't have any concrete suggestions as to actions people who are reading Thai Visa can take other than read a book. If your suggestion is that we go out and buy and read a book then your post should be eliminated because that is spam.

I didnt start this topic to create hostile arguments. I wanted to find likeminded people who wanted to find a solution. If you think that the Book 'Ishmael" is Spam. WHy not give it a read first before judging it as spam. Assumptions are the unflushable Diarrhea of all toilets. Get a big black garbage bag and clean up the neighborhood and reuse or recycle garbage. I like the idea about starting a forest monastery and in fact I have an Idea I'm working on with some politicians here to Bring back an endangered species or primate to be bred and released everywhere in the near vicinity here.

I think that would be considered progress huh?

I didnt start this topic to create hostile arguments. I wanted to find likeminded people who wanted to find a solution. If you think that the Book 'Ishmael" is Spam. WHy not give it a read first before judging it as spam. Assumptions are the unflushable Diarrhea of all toilets. Get a big black garbage bag and clean up the neighborhood and reuse or recycle garbage. I like the idea about starting a forest monastery and in fact I have an Idea I'm working on with some politicians here to Bring back an endangered species or primate to be bred and released everywhere in the near vicinity here.

What exact location are you talking about? ermm.gif

I think you miss my point. The book isn't spam. You advertising it on Thai Visa is spam. People get paid to mention the names of products on the internet. That is spam or advertising. Do you think any of us believe that you are working with politicians here to bring back endangered species? Ya right. Give us some names and places and maybe we can help but so far I think you are pretty much BS ing everyone.

• Like 1

I think you miss my point. The book isn't spam. You advertising it on Thai Visa is spam. People get paid to mention the names of products on the internet. That is spam or advertising. Do you think any of us believe that you are working with politicians here to bring back endangered species? Ya right. Give us some names and places and maybe we can help but so far I think you are pretty much BS ing everyone.

There's a big difference between protecting endangered species, and reintroducing them... let alone introducing one which wasn't there before.

If a species becomes extinct in an area, there may be environmental reasons which mean that you cannot successfully reintroduce it.

If a species has never lived in a specific area, introducing it to that area may be disastrous for other species.

There's a big difference between protecting endangered species, and reintroducing them... let alone introducing one which wasn't there before.

If a species becomes extinct in an area, there may be environmental reasons which mean that you cannot successfully reintroduce it.

If a species has never lived in a specific area, introducing it to that area may be disastrous for other species.

It seems to have worked ok for sexpats......both species seemed to have flourished.

I agree with the ee

What exact location are you talking about? ermm.gif

I agree with the OP, it seems most here are just trying to engage in debate which really isnt productive. He said in his initial post "Outside of Kantharalak in Khao Phra Wihan National Forest". I believe that Isan Birder should have a pretty good inclination of what species should be protected especially if endangered.

Gibbons and Langurs would be two great species to re-introduce and hopefully u can convince a politician or two to back you up on this plan. Send me a PM, i'm new to this forum and want to connect with likeminded people in a more personal setting. Sam siam, you're right what about the pedophile sexpat species disturbing the cycle of life here in Thailand! LOL

I've never heard of Khao Phra Wihan National Forest, but I've lived next door to Khao Phra Wiharn National Park for more than 8 years..........whistling.gif

I've only been to Phra Viharn once, and am not clear as to what area OP means, and how big it is. But any area you try to protect needs to be demined first, as Farma says. While the mines are still there, it's probably fairly well protected as it is.

I know very little about mammals, but I think gibbons need a large area to roam in. I've only seen them in Khao Yai and the Western Forest Complex, both of which are large areas.

To protect a species of bird or mammal, you need a suitable habitat. Habitat protection needs to come first. Very often habitat protection involves not letting people in, or letting them in in very small numbers, at least until the desired fauna has got well established.

If, say, you introduce gibbons, will people shoot them or trap them? Can they be protected against this? There are a lot of different factors involved in protecting a mammal or bird species. Plants are a bit easier; they don't wander around!

I've only been to Phra Viharn once, and am not clear as to what area OP means, and how big it is. But any area you try to protect needs to be demined first, as Farma says. While the mines are still there, it's probably fairly well protected as it is.

I know very little about mammals, but I think gibbons need a large area to roam in. I've only seen them in Khao Yai and the Western Forest Complex, both of which are large areas.

To protect a species of bird or mammal, you need a suitable habitat. Habitat protection needs to come first. Very often habitat protection involves not letting people in, or letting them in in very small numbers, at least until the desired fauna has got well established.

If, say, you introduce gibbons, will people shoot them or trap them? Can they be protected against this? There are a lot of different factors involved in protecting a mammal or bird species. Plants are a bit easier; they don't wander around!

Well If you have ever been to Samrong Kliat Waterfall or Huay Chen Waterfall, you would discover your assumption on just how 'fairly protected" it really is. I can actually speak Thai and am friends with a couple of the Rangers. Sadly they are not even fortunate enough to serve and protect the animals and plant life with guns. 50 years ago an older friend told me that Langur, Gibbons would even be seen in the village of Kantharalak. Many tree's are being planted by the forest department but many are also being cut down by the very same people. SO I asked them why as I did the Governor of SIsaket whose got a big whitehouse right at the edge of town here. They told me this in Thai. Most of the wildlife and illegal timber trade which occurs in the province of sisaket is facilitated by the Chinese Mafia and to interfeer with a group that powerful would be a deadly mission and nobody is brave enought to stand up to them. Many beautiful birds still flourish here but still not enough. My goal is to the increase the number of langurs and Gibbons because they are a close relative of us humans and its disgusting they've been hunted, tortured and devoured by asians to the point where now they are nearly extinct. Orangatangs once wandered the jungles of Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and China as well but these asean Cannibals have eaten them into extinctionI. If somebody actually wants to help as my friend above who just PM'd me let me know. Any positive ideas to share? If you want to point out 1 letter spelling mistakes or other minor errors in my writing go drown your life on another forum, its unproductive nonsense.

I've never heard of Khao Phra Wihan National Forest, but I've lived next door to Khao Phra Wiharn National Park for more than 8 years..........whistling.gif

pedant

noun

1. a person who makes an excessive or inappropriate display of learning.

2. a person who overemphasizes rules or minor details.

3. a person who adheres rigidly to book knowledge without regard to common sense.

I have been involved in the green part of the economy for 40 years, working for some of that time in a botanical garden.

I have sadly come to the conclusion that

1: mankind is hell bent on destroying itself, unfortunately taking quite a few other species with him, and

2: as far as the planet earth is concerned, this would probably be the best thing that could happen. Give it a few million years and everything should be hunky dory.

I am an optimist by nature and an hell bent myself on enjoying my life as far as possible. At the same time I try to follow Buddhist crap like not killing, harming or even annoying other living beings around me whenever I can.

Edited by cooked

No, OP, I've never been to these two waterfalls, and indeed I don't know the area at all. It was my impression that you were talking about the border area (which is mined). It was also my impression that you wanted to introduce gibbons etc, but you also talk about increasing the numbers of gibbons. These are two entirely different problems.

The root problem here is an entirely different one. Most Isan villagers are living pretty near the breadline. If someone offers them cash for killing what they perceive as a useless animal, they will take it; or they will kill the animal if they perceive it as something nice to eat. The answer to that is twofold, education, and raise the standard of living. But I don't think you want to go down that road.

• Like 1

Why not start with saving the dogs in Sakhon Nakhon, even though they are not close relatives. smile.png

Edited by bergen

Just like the Hero Of Huay Kha Khaeng National Forest who supposedly killed himself but in reality the chinese mafia ordered a hit on him for encroaching on there profits. Just a few weeks ago someone deliberately tried to hit me on my bike, I had to swerve off into the ditch to avoid gettting smashed into by this Black Max pick up truck, I was so flustered I couldnt get a plate number, but this isnt the first time this has happened to me. I still can't figure out why I'm still alive, but I guess Mother Nature has still got a purpose for me to fulfill here afterall. Birdman, I've tried education, and it seems with kindergarden they are the most loving towards animals. Enforcement of laws and increasing the amount of education about these animals in schools and on local radio is a good start. I'm going to get a mega phone attached to my bike to start programming some positive ideas to the isaan people where I go. Hey Cooked those Langurs and Gibbons can be quite annoying to the Thai's I guess, much like the macaques in Lopburi, but I find it hilarious..

pedant

noun

1. a person who makes an excessive or inappropriate display of learning.

2. a person who overemphasizes rules or minor details.

3. a person who adheres rigidly to book knowledge without regard to common sense.

I have been involved in the green part of the economy for 40 years, working for some of that time in a botanical garden.

I have sadly come to the conclusion that

1: mankind is hell bent on destroying itself, unfortunately taking quite a few other species with him, and

2: as far as the planet earth is concerned, this would probably be the best thing that could happen. Give it a few million years and everything should be hunky dory.

I am an optimist by nature and an hell bent myself on enjoying my life as far as possible. At the same time I try to follow Buddhist crap like not killing, harming or even annoying other living beings around me whenever I can.

Isnt it amazing how 'BUDDHIST' everyone seems to be in Thailand, yet the MOST IMPORTANT PRECEPT 1. To NOT Kill LIFE, is often overlooked and violated on a daily basis by all of these believers!

• Like 1

What a yawn. Go and hug a tree.

yes really boring. What we are doing is stacking up a huge bill that is going to have to be paid by future generations. Coming up soon, in your neighbourhood: no more trees, no more fish, and, hopefully, no more humans (or Aussies). I agree, who cares anyway.

• Like 1

Its people with this attitude that so ignorantly help destroy the home you live on......don't forget that your little granny flat or whatever it is you live in....is not the whole world....open you eyes and read a book if you are really this ignorant...

yes really boring. What we are doing is stacking up a huge bill that is going to have to be paid by future generations. Coming up soon, in your neighbourhood: no more trees, no more fish, and, hopefully, no more humans (or Aussies). I agree, who cares anyway.

I can't understand how selfish some humans can be who are so absorbed in the addictions of consumerism and television they never step outside to see the big picture and how every aspect of nature has a direct connection with there over-indulgent lives..

I can't understand how selfish some humans can be who are so absorbed in the addictions of consumerism and television they never step outside to see the big picture and how every aspect of nature has a direct connection with there over-indulgent lives..

I think you are probably talking about the total populations of India and China.

Per Capita, western countries consume many more resources than asians do. BUT when you consider over 60 percent of the worlds population existing in only 2 countries(India and China) you must also factor in Overpopulation. We have exceeded Capacity and this is especially true in Thailand. We still need to find a way to STOP the illegal Wildlife trade and increase the population of endangered species, so its time to go out and raise awareness. Who wants to make an appearance at my seminar this weekend! Thailand Needs MORE Motivational Speakers!

Per Capita, western countries consume many more resources than asians do. BUT when you consider over 60 percent of the worlds population existing in only 2 countries(India and China) you must also factor in Overpopulation. We have exceeded Capacity and this is especially true in Thailand. We still need to find a way to STOP the illegal Wildlife trade and increase the population of endangered species, so its time to go out and raise awareness. Who wants to make an appearance at my seminar this weekend! Thailand Needs MORE Motivational Speakers!

So where do you have your seminar, and who do you represent?

@Anandasatva. I think you've blown your respectability with your post #55 and another post in the thread about the Oz girl falsely claiming sexual assault in Phuket. By the way are you charging for your seminar and what's on the agenda?