Why Does Buddha Prefer Fanta?

NguuMuu

This has come up recenly with some friends of mine and I was wondering if anyone has a reasonable explanation. Why does Fanta seem to be the drink of choice when giving offerings to Buddha or other spirits? Obviously Fanta is not the exclusive choice, but certainly more prevalent...definitely to a noticeable extent. Why not Coke or Pepsi or Sprite? I don't think price is the issue because in the bottle they are all the same (maybe I'm wrong). So what's the reason for this?

This has come up recenly with some friends of mine and I was wondering if anyone has a reasonable explanation. Why does Fanta seem to be the drink of choice when giving offerings to Buddha or other spirits? Obviously Fanta is not the exclusive choice, but certainly more prevalent...definitely to a noticeable extent. Why not Coke or Pepsi or Sprite? I don't think price is the issue because in the bottle they are all the same (maybe I'm wrong). So what's the reason for this?

I've never thought about this before now, but you're right.

Could it be a colour thing?

cv

Very good question! I had the same at the weekend when my staff were decking out the Spirit House at the office - not only Fanta, but red Fanta is always the order of the day. Could not get a satisfactory answer from them. I think it is something they have always done and do not know themselves.