Arrogant Selfish Thai'S

salavan

I was reading a travel book about thailand the other day and it tell how polite the thai's are, do the idiots that write these books ever come to thailand?. have they ever been in a shop queue in thailand and had the thai's push in front of them this happens on every occasion, ever driven here and had the thais cut them up to get to a turning or to the lights first, ever had loud music playing all night if you ask them to turn it down a bit they will turn it up and tell you to <deleted>> to your own country.

i think they should do some research before they put pen to papper

• Like 2

One might consider it impolite to come to a Forum about Thailand and simply bag the Thai Culture as a whole because you have had one or two bad experiences or have found things here have a different importance to that which you have experienced at home.

There are bad apples in every bunch. But I wouldn't generalize to that extent. If someone is rude with you just brush it off, maybe they're having a bad day. Sometimes there are variances in culture norms as well. If one notices that, the tolerance of that 'foreign' culture can become more tolerable, too.

Thats nonsense Expat .... Loud music has nothing to do with Farangs behavior , I am constantly suprised at how rude Thai people are to each other and at the same time seem to smile and move on. It's just a different way of life I guess. I mean blasting the speakers at some places at 5 am ? Thats rude and not Farang related , blasting music at your party late into the night , burning trash , their are a lot of things Thai people do with no care or concern for others , it's just that the others don't complain to much because they want to reserve the right to be albe to do as they wish as well.

I was reading a travel book about thailand the other day and it tell how polite the thai's are, do the idiots that write these books ever come to thailand?. have they ever been in a shop queue in thailand and had the thai's push in front of them this happens on every occasion, ever driven here and had the thais cut them up to get to a turning or to the lights first, ever had loud music playing all night if you ask them to turn it down a bit they will turn it up and tell you to <deleted>> to your own country.

i think they should do some research before they put pen to papper

Maybe the OP should write the Thailand LIVING book that he is confusing with the Thailand TRAVEL book he is complaining about.

• Like 2