Loi Kratong Good Or Bad Time To Invite People From Europe/Us?

cheeryble

Hi there hope I can use instant knowledge rather than spend hours trawling for data....

I am having a party this year to which quite a few people in foreign places will be invited.

I would like to give notice now, and I think at least 3 or 4 months is appropriate so people can organise their time.

So, was thinking maybe October.

Someone mentioned that Loi Kratong would be a good time as it's cute and nice for foreigners to see, I looked it up and it's Nov 28th.

Would this be into high season for flight prices?

In fact, when do prices start to hike upwards?

Both October and November look OK weatherwise here in CM, though personally I like a bit of occasional rain which is October.

Are the hotels and guesthouses full in November?

What about the flights and when shall I choose, and why?

thanks

Nice idea, certainly inviting them over for Loi Kratong is better than for Thai new Year (Songkran). Flights will be rising in price at that time as it is the start of so-called high season. The rain will have just about stopped when Loi Kratong starts.

I love Loy Kratong. A great time here in the Kingdom for sure. I think you are better off at that time than in October. Weather is clearing in October, but late November will be beautiful. And you're guests will be able to enjoy one of Thailand's greatest celebrations. Especially in CM.

As for high season, that's right at the beginning. Usually starts a bit later, around mid-December. Where are they flying from?

I have wondered for a while now but why does Loy Krathong get its own forum on here? I mean sure it's a prominent holiday but Songkran doesn't have one

Good question! But it's probably because many of us really want to be here to enjoy Loy Krathong as opposed to leave the country to avoid Songkran!! laugh.png

• Like 2

I have wondered for a while now but why does Loy Krathong get its own forum on here? I mean sure it's a prominent holiday but Songkran doesn't have one

Good question! But it's probably because many of us really want to be here to enjoy Loy Krathong as opposed to leave the country to avoid Songkran!! laugh.png

Exactly !!!!clap2.gif

Especially here in Pattaya where it's 8 days absolute mayhem.sick.gif

Yermaneewai.gif

Don't know whether this is sound advice but I would start booking now.

The middle east carriers have all the newest and latest jets. Qatar, Emirates and Etihad. Etihad used to be the best but are becoming less competitive and have cut the life and value of their airmiles. I always preferred them but now booking with Qatar, at least £70 less. They all do offers at different times. Plan to pay around £600 return from London Airports and a little bit more from Manchester but where service is better.

You will find that in the north....say ChiangMai hotels will be full and transport ro and from Chiangmai hard to get. International flights are often well booked too hence cheap seats harder to get.

You will find that in the north....say ChiangMai hotels will be full and transport ro and from Chiangmai hard to get. International flights are often well booked too hence cheap seats harder to get.

I am indeed in Chiangmai.

I haven't been out of LOS for nearly a decade and am out of touch.

Is it possible to find out the booked-up-ness of planes from London that far in the future, bit before Nov 28th?

Then I could judge how full they might be when invites are out next month I'll know if a few weeks before LK might be better.

Thanks

Very true. I always wonder if I am being grumpy but no, I do not like having water thrown at me and don't like Songkran :/