What Are Your Favorite Buildings In Thailand

HipDude

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Chiang Rai I am also partial to the ambience at this local coffee shop on the river.

Chiwit%2520%2520003.jpg

In Chiang Rai I am also partial to the ambience at this local coffee shop on the river.

What a beautiful cafe. Those circular tables are called Malacca coffee shop tables. Teak base plus marble top. But only the one at bottom right has the marble top. You can find them in Malaysia and Singapore.

Love those ceiling fans, toosmile.png

I love the Elephant Museum in Samut Prakarn - the circular base is the museum and then you walk up a staircase inside the leg of the three-headed elephant and the body is a beautiful temple. I really don't like anything traditional like temples so it was a surprise for me to like this one so much.

For modern buildings I think Chaeng Wattana building with the immigration department has a spectacular roof, it's always nice to enjoy the vastness of the inside.

Not heard of the Elephant Museum. I'll Google it and grab some photos.

Agree with you about immigration at Chaeng Wattana. Not too much there in the way of food, though.

he means the Erawan museum I think

14.jpg

Cool. You on Chang tonight or Leo?

Whats Leo ?

Good luck to you, bro. I quit Chang because of those "next morning" headaches. I'm clean now. Jogging at 6am tomorrow.

Give Burger King a try. It's way better than McDonalds.

Buildings are almost always disgusting in Thailand. Poor building quality, old and most often unkept after the first couple years. Poorly built concrete and steel reinforced monstrosities with no respect for their surroundings and ingress and egress. I've been no where else where buildings are so boring and ugly and poorly designed.

Having said all that, I think it would be bad luck not to say that I love the Immigration building at Chaeng Wattana

Cool. You on Chang tonight or Leo?

Whats Leo ?

Good luck to you, bro. I quit Chang because of those "next morning" headaches. I'm clean now. Jogging at 6am tomorrow.

Give Burger King a try. It's way better than McDonalds.

Probably, but it's also more expensive, and given that fast food is just to fill the gap while out and about, I don't pay more than I have to.