What Is It With Paying Your Wife A Wage?

thenervoussurgeon

The issues with the sex industry should be quite obvious. Not only are there the obvious health problems (such as increased AIDS among sex workers and their customers) but it is also a business from which criminal gangs earn considerable income, which in turn is then used for even more unsavoury activities, as well as the connection with human trafficking and exploitation of minors.

All of which would largely be solved by recognizing it as a legitimate industry and properly regulating it.

Moreover, Thailand's visible sex industry is a blot on its reputation and is something everyone with an interest in Thailand (including TV members) should be working towards reducing the scale of (or at the very least not talking about it in a way that suggests it is something good). There are other websites that are geared towards discussion of prostitution in Thailand. ThaiVisa is well above those sites and (other than the occasional joke) we shouldn't talk about it here, or at least when we do, we should talk about it as the problem that it is.

It is an industry that indeed has problems, as do many others; IMO it is not in itself a problem.

Very few posts here discuss specifics in the sense of encouraging participation.

Otherwise my understanding is we're free to discuss it from whatever our POV is.

If you don't like a particular post that doesn't violate forum rules, may I suggest you just move on and ignore it, and the poster if you choose.

I personally despise people that judge others based on socio-economic snobbery, or conformity with narrow-minded POV, but don't try to tell them to stop posting their rubbish, but rather try to engage them in a rational discussion of the ideas.

Freedom of speech mate.

• Like 2

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Moreover, Thailand's visible sex industry is a blot on its reputation and is something everyone with an interest in Thailand (including TV members) should be working towards reducing the scale of (or at the very least not talking about it in a way that suggests it is something good). There are other websites that are geared towards discussion of prostitution in Thailand. ThaiVisa is well above those sites and (other than the occasional joke) we shouldn't talk about it here, or at least when we do, we should talk about it as the problem that it is.

As most foreigners are in Thailand for the sex industry, including the majority of Tv members, wouldn't it just be easier if the foreigners here for another reason just clear off to another country?

As most foreigners are in Thailand for the sex industry, including the majority of Tv members, wouldn't it just be easier if the foreigners here for another reason just clear off to another country?

Do a poll Tommo and we'll see if that's indeed true.

Be interesting to see the results.

10/10 for Tommo, that is line of the day. clap2.gif

• Like 1

Seen it done a dozen times over the years. People get a misconception based on the type of crowd they hang with.

Keep in mind that even 30-40 years ago in most western countries a single income household with usually the male working and giving a share to his wife was the norm. Some nations progress at different paces.

Depends what you mean but everyone knows Thai girls are easier for foreigners to get and that is a major attraction. I am not always talking paid sex, id say most guys are here for girls paid / not paid.

Personally i have nothing against the sex industry im no prude. I accept it and i have used it in the past. They should just legalize it.

• Like 2

Lots of people would just lie, either to TV or to themselves.

I married a Thai lady 20 years younger than me, I never hired bar girls .......... but let's face it, in the end I'm here for the sex.

Even the young guys here ........ couldn't get the girls they wanted in their home countries .......... could get it here.

Robblock beat me to it, almost the same words as me too!

The only poll that would work would be along the lines

As a foreigner, have you ever had sex with a Thai? yes/no

Apart from a few Christian missionaries and retired couples .... we already know the overwhelming answer.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Doesn't mean that its the main reason I am here, but its a big and nice part of Thailand. Girls interact here totally different from the West.

Most guys here are married or have g/f's so they are here too for the ladies. Does not mean its the main reason, but its a big reason for everyone. For me i love the life here / love fishing, but the attention from the girls is always fun too. I think most will agree with this.

Lots of people would just lie, either to TV or to themselves.

I married a Thai lady 20 years younger than me, I never hired bar girls .......... but let's face it, in the end I'm here for the sex.

Even the young guys here ........ couldn't get the girls they wanted in their home countries .......... could get it here.

Robblock beat me to it, almost the same words as me too!

The only poll that would work would be along the lines

As a foreigner, have you ever had sex with a Thai? yes/no

Apart from a few Christian missionaries and retired couples .... we already know the overwhelming answer.

Some good replies and I agree with most of it.

Bit puzzled as to why someone would lie to a private poll on an anonymous forum though. I'm mystified.

Edited by smokie36

To add with girls i mean girlfriends wives too.

Don't forget boys and ladyboys ....... some of the TV membership are women, gay or 'not sure'.

Perhaps this issue should be raised with support. At the moment your profile can only state male or female...plenty more options there it seems. :D

not true, before my thai wife i was with an italian model, did not even like thai girls.

so same can get girls at home.

What was wrong with the Italian model?

I'd assume electrics.

build quality ?

Finding serviceable parts. They are hellish when the wheels fall off ya relationship.

not true, before my thai wife i was with an italian model, did not even like thai girls.

so same can get girls at home.

What was wrong with the Italian model?

I had an Italian model, her name was Fiat.

I had a bar girl she was a dancer. She was a mercenary. She also saved my life. I won't go into the whole story but she did. How many bar girls in Thailand? 200,000 to 2 million? I don't know but a lot. Are they all bad? No. I don't even think there are more bad bar girls than one would find in the general population. Only my opinion.

Six women call me up at least once a year who are not family. Three of them are bar girls. They don't want anything. They only say hi. How are you. It is good you are still living. The world is better because you are in it.

Unfortunately the thread has been locked where you denied your involvement with sex workers.

I must say I much preferred the prudish kerryk persona you displayed there.

Would you mind refraining from constantly posting about your experiences with prostitutes?

I think you are a put on. I would like to met you and also check out your misses. What did Shakespeare say You protest to much. I am married to a Thai Doctor you can check me out

Edited by harryfrompattaya

I think it maybe it's because Thai Culture is different then the Western Culture.

If you marry here, then you marry also her Family, and the allowance could be used for sending money to the family.

But I could be wrong.

Yes often contributions are made to the family household - my sister in law doesn't work, so all her family chip in for upkeep of the family house. it's quite normal in many families; my wife works so she pays 3K a month to her sister. No problem for me, and they have never asked for money in 12 years. And they are not what you would call well-off either:)

I had a bar girl she was a dancer. She was a mercenary. She also saved my life. I won't go into the whole story but she did. How many bar girls in Thailand? 200,000 to 2 million? I don't know but a lot. Are they all bad? No. I don't even think there are more bad bar girls than one would find in the general population. Only my opinion.

Six women call me up at least once a year who are not family. Three of them are bar girls. They don't want anything. They only say hi. How are you. It is good you are still living. The world is better because you are in it.

Unfortunately the thread has been locked where you denied your involvement with sex workers.

Would you mind refraining from constantly posting about your experiences with prostitutes?

I think you are a put on. I would like to met you and also check out your misses. What did Shakespeare say You protest to much. I am married to a Thai Doctor you can check me out

He is far from a put on, he is a substantial businessman with interests in London and Bangkok, without divulging details which are against forum rules I can assure you that Brit1984 is the real deal.

You can choose to believe me or not, up to you. wai.gif

He is far from a put on, he is a substantial businessman with interests in London and Bangkok, without divulging details which are against forum rules I can assure you that Brit1984 is the real deal.

Seconded. ;)

• Like 1

I am sorry I have to admitted that I only met 3 people who seem as pure as Brit1984 I hope you remember my parents were pig farmers in Mississippi and so was I. We never knew people like that. I now know Brit 1984 is wonderful Thanks a lot.

I'm sure at your age that's cheaper than marrying a bar girl. tongue.png

Edited by Jayman